“Best food I had in Malmö”
Review of Vollmers

Vollmers
Ranked #3 of 860 Restaurants in Malmo
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I tried Vollmer on a Saturday night, and I decided to go for the 6 course menu with wine pairing.

The food was exciting and creative, I love the fact that they try to source it as locally as possible, which made me try ingredients that I’ve never encountered before. Also they manage to keep their food inspiring but at the same time real. Other places perhaps have more technique, but that sometimes almost feels "technique for the sake of it", losing sight of the food itself.
All the wine pairings were spot on, and had a couple of interesting surprises.

The service was excellent and made my experience even more enjoyable as the waitress was funny, knowledgeable (especially about wine) and very attentive.

The price is obviously higher than your everyday restaurant, but it was absolutely a bargain for the quality of the meal and the experience overall.

I would definitely come back next time I visit Malmö.

1  Thank Gianpiero P

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Upon arrival, a very clumsy woman notified that they couldn't find our reservation. Even with a printed email confirmation to hand, they rudely said they couldn't accommodate us and suggested that we go to the bar...just awful! Overly priced food, rude hostess and clumsy staff.

7  Thank Sean B
Mats_Vollmer, Owner at Vollmers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

I think that it's very childish and uncalled for to Write What you justs did.
I know for a fact that you got a very humble and personal greeting saying that we were very sorry about the miss that we've done but we would fix you a table in 30 minutes meanwhile have a glas of champagne and snacks in the bar. We are all humans and this is The first time it has happened. And saying that the food is overpriced whitout even eating at my restaurant is just ignorant. Like i Said to your friend, Im very sorry that a misstanke like that happened but you dont have to take it as The end of The world i mean we did have a table in 30min. Best regards Mats Vollmer

Reviewed 2 November 2013

everything about the restaurant was perfection. The restaurant ambiance, the service and the food all came together.
what a brilliant 4 hour experience!
highly recommended

Reviewed 27 September 2013

DON'T MISS THIS RESTAURANT!
Here you'll have it all, great food, good wine, a relaxed and sober environment and a friendly and professional service. Even the china was top edge ( made by a local artist for Vollmers)
We had the tasting meny with four courses and was also served additional fantastic aperitifs.
The food was a joy for both eye and taste. Beatiful arranged, great taste and combination that blow you away.
The tips and tricks we got from the chef after the dinner was the perfect ending of a fantastic dinner experience.

1  Thank Lomma
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had the eight course menu but with the dishes served to our champagne it was more like twelve. Fun and exciting combinations with perfect wines served on beautiful plates made for an excellent evening. Expensive but worth every krona.

The only minus was the very warm locale.

1  Thank Jocke F