“The location is great, downtown is at the doorstep”
Review of Scandic S:t Jorgen

Scandic S:t Jorgen
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a normal, good city hotel. Our room had hardwood floors and typically nordic furniture. May look a little sparse/hard/cold to those that prefer a lot of cushions and stash. It is easy to see that the room is actually clean, no carpets or anything where dirt may hide.

Free and good in-room Internet access.

We where there during the vacation period and a lot of families with small children stayed at the hotel. The breakfast room was quite noisy, but that is OK, I actually appreciate hotels that make it possible for families to stay downtown.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter much, there are no roads with heavy traffic around the hotel. The further up the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights during a quick visit to Malmo. Kids were greeted with a little bag of temporary tattoos when we arrived. Rooms are spacious by European standards - booked a family room. 2 single beds plus pull out sofa. TV had 2 English channels. You can also attach your tablet or mobile phone to the TV and play movies or other content that is already downloaded on your device. Bathroom nice and large. Soap, body wash and shampoo provided but no conditioner. Beds are decent. Nice location - we walked to everything including restaurants, shopping and the museums. Breakfast was fantastic-a great variety of food. Both typical Scandinavian and some for North American tastes. Bread, sliced meats, cheeses, meatballs, sausages, scrambled eggs, yogurts, fruit, muffins, juice, milk, coffee, etc. An excellent value considering it was included in our room rate. Lots of organic options as well. There is a kids play area in the dining room to occupy little ones while you finish your breakfast. We also saw a room just outside the breakfast area that was showing a kids movie and there tables to sit and colour. Overall a great hotel that welcomes children.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Location: situated right in the centre of Malmo, near some nice shops, bars and historical buildings.

Hotel: Lobby and restaurant are nice and modern, but some of the hallways on the 7th floor are bit dated. The carpark is under the hotel, it's not cheap, about £23 a night, it's also very tight with a lot of concrete pillars. My room didn't have a window and was small.
You have to pay extra for a room with a window.

Staff: all spoke excellent English and were really helpful, especially when I had troubling getting access to the underground car park.

Food: I had breakfast and dinner at the hotel. There was a reasonable amount of choice for breakfast, but not much to feed my sweet tooth. Not a lot of choice on the bar menu, but the burger and beer I had was good.

TV and wi-fi: Not much choice for TV channels, but the wi-fi is free.

Would take the family there for a weekend away.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have to admit that hotel was a disappointment. It does have a central location, yet at that same location there are at least 6 more hotels (at least I know of that many). It does offer rooms on good price. BUT the corridors are not in their best maintenance state, the rooms ... well I felt like what I found in the room was just out of place. The room was recently renovated, modern and fresh-looking. There was something wrong with the shower though. I couldn't figure out quite what by I was seconds away from flooding the room. The capacity of the drains was not quite right or something, really can't say.
My bitterest disappointment was the gym. It was too small and therefore completely packed with people both in the evening and at 6 am. Going to the gym in the evening may be OK but in the morning it is really unsettling. To reach the gym and respectively to go back to your room you pass by the breakfast room and by all conference rooms. There is absolutely no chance that you remain unnoticed. Sure there are not so many conference rooms busy at 6 am but later... and breakfast room was like bee hive from the moment it opened its doors. Really bad choice from my perspective.
I personally would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Elen T
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This newly renovated hotel was very nice for us as a family. The bathroom was big, enough space for changing diapers. The room was big so the stroller had space. It was very nice renovated.
The breakfast was good, but there should be better bread I think (sourdough!)
The biggest problem was the lack of a fridge! Obriously most of Scandics hotels in Sweden have removed their fridges in the rooms. We were planning our food supply in accordance with a fridge on the room, which is very handy when you have a toddler with you. Big minus for us therefor bad judgement on the room.
The location of the hotel was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I first stayed at this hotel some years back and had no complaints. A good price and the very central location brought me back. The room was larger than I was expecting given my past experience and it overlooked the shopping street. I was very happy. I had originally booked a cabin room but on arrival we were offered a room with a window for only 200 SEK more. A good deal. The breakfast was excellent. I would expect nothing less from a Scandic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Perfect location, right in the centre, Rooms are big with en suite shower only, very clean and tidy, perfect hotel for 3 night stop over. Alcohol very expensive though, but that is the case throughout Sweden.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business