“Beautiful Malmo”

Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
London
“Beautiful Malmo”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed this hotel back in August 2013 ( 8 - 10), I remeber arriving late at night without luggage as British Airways decided to leave my suitcase behind in Heathrow to pi** me off. The reception/Bar/Night Audit girl was so kind she gave me late snacks, detal care, and everything one needs when BA throws you bag off the flight. I was given a nice clean room, very confortable bed on a high floor. Views from my window was not that exiting but really enough to me wonder

Room Tip: Back in August, receptionist asked me if it was my first stay at this hotel, I said no whihch was tr...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning+ Malmo, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel, Malmö. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with the flight, but I am happy to hear that we managed to do something to ease your situation.

Lutwin Wehr,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel was previously at Ibis and still has a few traits remaining from that brand and so doesn't quite hit the standard expected of a Mercure in my book.

The hotel is conveniently located near the ring road which was ideal for me as I was making a number of trips away from Malmo, and is only a short drive into the centre of Malmo and only 20 minutes from Copenhagen airport.

I arrived at about 6pm and was kept waiting for about 10 minutes at Reception as there was only one person on duty and she was on the phone! My room was on the 8th floor and had a good view over Malmo. The room itself was a reasonable size but had a chair in it which was obviously too big and was left rather in the middle of the room which seemed very odd. The room was clean although the bed moved quite easily across the wooden floor if you knocked into it!! The wardrobe was small and with not enough hangers. The bathroom was compact but had a reasonable shower (albeit a bit leaky) but no bathmat so the floor got very wet and the towels provided were small and very thin.

The restaurant menu in the evening was quite limited, 3 main dishes which changed everyday, plus burger, steak and salad option. However, the quality of the food was good and the staff were very friendly.

Breakfast was disappointing. It was the usual buffet style with a range of fruit, yoghurts, meats, breads and pastries etc. but the fruit juice was dispensed from a machine and was quite honestly disgusting. Similarly the coffee was also dispensed from a machine and was equally horrid.

All of the staff I met were very friendly and all spoke English which was good since my Swedish is non-existent! The hotel has it's own car park (70SEK per night) although you can park on the street for free if you can find a space. WiFi is free and a good speed.

I would probably stay here again when visiting Malmo as it is very well located but I think some improvement to small details like towels and fruit juice wouldn't go amiss!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning+ Malmo, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Malmö. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Lutwin Wehr
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Our room on the 8th floor was very clean - there was not even a sign of mold in the bathroom. Window in the room was big and view towards the city was nice.
People at the reception desk were friendly.
Parking place was ok. It is possible to park for free on the street, but it might be difficult to find a free space (there are high blocks of flats right next to the hotel).
Breakfast was fine, with a very tasty bread and croissants.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple