“Worth the Price”
Review of Teaterhotellet

Teaterhotellet
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed 4 December 2008

We spent a week at Teaterhotellet in Malmo and we were very pleased. The hotel is small but cozy. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They offer a complimentary breakfast each morning, which comes complete with great smoked salmon. The hotel is only a few short blocks to the center of town and its an easy walk.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DebinDC

Reviewed 27 October 2007

I found the hotel comfortable and welcoming. Some other reviews are correct - it isn't much from the outside - but inside it is quite pleasant. My room was very clean, refurbished, and very quiet. I slept like a log. I arrived early from the airport in Copenhagen and the manager on duty offered coffee/snacks while she made sure a room was ready for early check in.
It's a short walk to shopping and restaurants. I really enjoyed my stay and would gladly stay there the next time I visit Malmö.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank hwcii
Reviewed 26 June 2007

The hotel's location is not good (as I found out after a 30 minute walk ;)) if you need to access the Malmo Massan exhibition centre, but it's relatively close to the center of the city and there's plenty of interesting places near the hotel.

The hotel looks a bit dingy, but dont let that fool you. For the price, it's very good. The lobby is very small and the restaurant is next to it. There's no real place to just chill out in the lobby. The breakfast was excellent.

The rooms are small and in typical Scandinavian style very sparse. felt more like an old dorm room than a hotel room. The bed was good though, the room spacious enough. The bathroom was very clean, but also very small. I could hardly fit my toiletries on the small. You are not going to want to spend much time in the room.

The hotel does feature wireless internet, but despite the wifi access point being next to the door of my room, it worked like crap. I had to go down to the lobby to be able to use the net and since there' s only two chairs there, most of the time, I couldn't work down there.

For the price, this is an okay place to explore Malmo, but if you are on business, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RiotPelaaja
Reviewed 25 December 2006

I have no idea what the other reviewers are talking about. My room was newly refurbished and very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. The staff couldn't do enough for me - even staying up to the middle of the night to welcome me by name when I arrived. It is such good value for money in a country where hotels are expensive.

And the location is very good - just round the corner from where the airport bus picks up passengers.

Stayed: September 2006
1  Thank VeroniqueLondon
Reviewed 22 March 2006

Great location, but it's an old building which needs to be upgraded. They accept Hotel Express (50% discount) and it's like they say: you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2004, travelled on business
1  Thank vmax
Reviewed 29 September 2005

When we got to the hotel it looked a bit dingy on the outside and we were not sure what to expect. The reception however was very nice! (Goes to show you should never judge a book by its cover!) The lady on reception was a little grumpy, but the man who came on after her seemed a bit more friendly so perhaps she was having a bad day!

the room itself was big, clean and comfortable. there was a musty smell about it, perhaps it was the leather seats or something? The beds were comfortale and i had a good nighst sleep here.

It is a great location, close to the old town and about 15 minutes walk to the old town and the station.

The breakfast was good, quite a big selection.

• Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed 24 August 2005

The Teaterhotellet is a bit of a contradiction as hotels go. From the outside, it looks like a bit of a dump - but when you actually get into reception it looks fairly classy. Our room was a little dingy and a little musty smelling, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice and clean.
The hotel has a fairly central location, and is about 2 mins walk from Triangeln, which is where you can catch the bus to Sturup airport. There are shops and parks close by, but it will take 15 - 20 mins to walk to the central station.
The central location is a bonus, and I was glad we didn't have to walk far to get the bus to the airport at 7am when we left.
I'd reccomend this as a good budget choice of hotel, but the other hotel I stayed in in Malmo was better than this one.

• Stayed: August 2005