“Nice little hotel”

Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Malmo
Malta
“Nice little hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

I stayed at Hotel Astoria during a 4 night stay in Malmo. Just a short walk from Central Station and very easy to find. Check in was quick. My room was the smallest I've ever stayed in; measuring approx 12 x 14 feet and consisting of a single bed, bedside table, tv & desk, an open 'wardrobe', shower, sink, hairdryer & toilet. However it was clean, comfortable and quiet.
Pack toothpaste and hair conditioner as the soap available is in a dispenser both by the sink and in the shower. (I actually used it to wash my hair and it was perfectly fine)
Breakfast consisted of cold meats, cheeses, some cereals, various breads and boiled eggs as well as coffee, juices, milk and yoghurt.
The staff are helpful and friendly.
The lovely square of 'Lille Torg' is a corner away and I would recommend the restaurants there. Shopping is also a little further down from Lille Torg.
If you are looking for a small, central hotel I would easily recommend the Astoria.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Timisoara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

I've recently been to Malmo and had the oportunity to stay at Astoria Hotell. I must say that the room was rather small but fot my trip purposes (i.e. a place to sleep) it was worth the money. Room was very clean and one big plus from my point of view is that in my room there was a little plant which I must say made me feel like home, it didn't give me the impression that I was staying in a hotel at all. Also, in every room the hotel displays paintings/photos of young artists which are for sale for anyone interested.
The receptionists were very friendly and have been very helpful. I would definitely go there again and I am going to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to travel to Malmo.
Wireless internet was provided after asking at reception for details.
Location was excellent - within a couple of minutes from several squares with intense night life, from city train station and from a bus station for those going or coming from Malmo airport.
I think this summarizes it all...

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Sim0na_B
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2006

I just happend to run across my photos of our hotel room in Malmo and thought I'd post them for everyone.

We made a one night stay in Malmo in April of this year (2006)on our way back to the States and booked a room at: Astoria Hotell Gråbrödersgatan 7, Malmö, Sweden Phone: +46 (40)78660, Fax: +46 (40) 78870.

We had a very clean, comfortable double room and, although we spent little waking time there, we enjoyed it quite well. I don't think we'll ever get used to the European style of bedding (2=1), and never encountered an actual double bed on the trip, but the bed(s) at the Astoria were very comfortable.

There was a construction site across the street but since we were there on a weekend there was no one working, thus, no noise. Since that was 8 months ago the construction may be finished by now. We paid 895 SEK for the night.

The breakfast, though not as impressive as those at Hotel Siesta in Karlskrona, was very nice. It's bit of a walk from the train depot (about a 1/2 mile) but not a problem if you're a tourist.

All in all, I'd recommend this place for the average, middle class, tourist and perhaps a stay here, with a commute would give you more for your money rather than staying in Copenhagen.
Oh yea,,, check out St Peter's Church. Beautiful!

4 Thank oldfolkie