“Long Fun Stay in Malmo”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Malmo
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

15 nights of fun in a well-run hotel close to the city and transport. Service was very good and friendly. Answered my queries to find a fishing trip. The Thotts restaurant was very good value in a city where some dining in the city is pricey and poor value especially in the "tourist" orientated square.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
GeneralManagerVD, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Malmo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Malmö and for your valuable feedback from your stay. I will be happy to share this feedback with the rest of my team. I would also like to welcome you back next time you plan to visit Malmö.

Christian Herslow

Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed with my son for three nights, the standard rooms are very comfortable and big for a Swedish hotel. The restaurant and breakfast are not up to standard with the rest of the hotel. I would recommend going to Waynes Coffe for breakfast and Vapiano for dining instead.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the ice machines.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerVD, Hotelldirektör at Radisson Blu Hotel, Malmo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Malmö and for sharing your comments with us. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy the breakfast. I will look into this and share this with the Food and Beverage team. Soon we will launch a new breakfast concept and hopefully this will improve quality and service further.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Accomodations and staff were great. Had the opportunity to cook with the kitchen staff one evening. Cannot say enough good things about the chef and his assistants. So friendly and helpful. Learned how to make sauces, filet fish, and enjoy 3 great wines. Dining in the 16th century living area of the Thotts city home was a once in a lifetime experience.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Malmo and for your kind feedback and ratings. I will be happy to share you feedback with my team and especially the Executive Chef.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, during business workshop across the street.

Checkin, Lobby:
Very nice. has small bar, sitting area. Staff are very friendly. I asked for room as high as possible, as quiet as possible. got room on 5th floor of 7. asked for higher floor I got the standard "Sorry sir, we are fully booked.".... The room I got was with 2 double beds, or were they sized for trolls?

I came down a few minutes later for a power adapter, the clerk saw me and said "I'm sorry I fell badly I didn't look for another room. Let me look now.". She did, said she could move someone that had not arrived. And moved me! Fantastic! My impression of the front desk staff just skyrocketed!!

Wifi: started to fizzile intermittently during the evening and morning. Several dropped vpn connections and skype calls.
Elevators (3) are fast, little delay or waiting.

Rooms:
rooms are clean, but the interior is not contemporary, have an older look. Bathroom also. The look is older 80's or 90's. The room was large, even by US standards. I had to work at the desk alot during my stay, at the desk. The room size and desk configuration made this very easy. The room sound-proofing, was not great. Upstairs noise of a small child scampering across the room was very clear, and intrusive. Neighborhing room noises, plumbing noises and strange cabinet closings were also frequent. Even in the middle of the night.

The bed was very comfortable. No problems with the bed.

My room (516) was an inward facing room, looking across a small exterior area to another wing of the hotel. That exterior looked dated, with chipping paint.

Meals, breakfast:
I only used the restuarant for the breakfast which was included. Great breakfast. Very good with adequate selection. I had a couple of drinks during my stay at the hotel bar. Very pleasant, quiet, watching the foot traffic on the sidewalk or the coming and goings of hotel guests.

Area:
Malmo has a vibrant city center with many, many restuarants, clubs and pubs. The immediate area seems to close early. This nice for a hotel, if you like your hotels in quiet areas. There is a mid sized shopping mall kinda behind the hotel that is very popular with locals. walk out of the hotel, take a left, at the Waynes Coffee (good coffee), turn left, it's in front of you. There is a grocery store there.

For dinner walk towards the Stortorget and the Lilla torg. The Lilla torg has many good outdoor pubs, many good restuarants.

The area to the north is a revitalized industrial area that has new modern apartment buildings, restuarants and home to many tech companies and startups.

The Malmo Central Station is nearby and walkable. With a small pull-along luggage it's fine, mid-sized pull-along is slightly more challenging. I had a mid-sized pull-along. I landed in Copenhagen, took the 1/2 hr train to Malmo Central.

Running:
if you enjoy running, jogging during trips I found one of the greatest urban runs in the world. My 6mile route took me from the hotel, looped around the canal to Kungsparken, to Mariedalsvagen, crossed the canel, took first path on other side. I ran the walking path around to Scaniaparken, on waters edge. then back to hotel. It was great.

Summary:
this is a nice hotel, clean. The rooms need work. Noisey, furniture and interior redesign would are needed and would improve the hotel greatly. The lobby area is very good. The staff is great.

Room Tip: Quiet room, top floor (7th).
1  Thank Zog13
GeneralManagerVD, Hotelldirektör at Radisson Blu Hotel, Malmo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Malmö and for sharing your feedback with us from your stay. I appreciate everything you have written and I will share this with the rest of my staff.
The rooms were renovated in 2010/2011 and some rooms in 2013. The lobby was renovated in 2011. Let me take this opportunity and welcome you back next time you plan to visit Malmö.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed for one night won't go there again. The room was big, boring but clean, the bed was ok though. Something was making a lot of noise all the time. We thought it was the aircon but it was something else. They offered us another room but we settled for some towels to kill the noise and it worked. On our way up the elevator came to an unexpected stop. We stood there in the dark (no emergency light at all so thank god for smartphones with a torch) for one minut and then it started again. From then on we used the staircase which after the first floor definitely is not intended for guests. We were 2 couples and our friends had the room next to us. They found out the next morning that the lock on the door didn't work at all. Breakfast was included but not interesting at all so we skipped it. Location is great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Malmö. Thank you also for sharing your feedback with us from your stay. I am sorry to read your comments and that we did not live up to your expectations. We constantly strive to increase our service and quality and I really appreciate your feedback. I will investigate this further.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel needs to be renovated or at least re-decorated. It's hard to believe that the rooms are so boring in the land of high design. The location is 10 min walk from the train station and next to a shopping centre. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast is really disappointing. You would expect more variety in the morning and I found it quite limited. They should definitely check with the bakery if they can do better pastries.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Malmö and for your valuable feedback. I will share these comments with my team. The majority of the rooms were renovated in 2010/2011 and also some in 2013. The lobby and conference floor were renovated in 2011.
We are currently working on a new breakfast concept to be implemented shortly.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Nice location,very good breakfast and very nice rooms. Large rooms also if you are on a business trip with work space. The bed was excellent and so were the stuff at the front desk. The bar was also very nice and cosy and nice stuff.The hotel is located very central in Malmö but in a quite street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
GeneralManagerVD, Hotelldirektör at Radisson Blu Hotel, Malmo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Malmö and for your comments and kind feedback from your stay. It is always nice to read positive feedback from guests as we constantly try to improve both our service and quality in order to meet out guests expectations.