“A taste of what Sweden used to be like”

Bullen - Tva Krogare
Ranked #4 of 825 Restaurants in Malmo
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Swedish, Scandinavian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“A taste of what Sweden used to be like”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Fantastic Swedish "Husmanskost"
Today I had kålpudding for lunch. The best I've ever tasted. A must for anyone who wants a bite of the delicious food culture from the 20th century of Sweden

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Anton E

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Göteborg
“Good home food, a bit overpriced”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had a pleasant dinner at Två Krogare in July 2013.
The meatballs were excellent, although rather expensive.
It is a delicious homefood, much better than what you can find in most of the restaurants on Lilla Torg.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Guillaume R
Waterloo, Canada
“The Best of Swedish Comfort Food”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

It's no wonder this place is rated best! The old tavern that has stood the test of time, it has a charming and cozy atmosphere, almost like coming home after being away for a long time. The bartender/server greeted most customers like they were family - you could tell that this is a local favourite. At the table next to us, four old gentlemen (maybe in their 70s) gathered and exchanged familiar greetings - this seemed their regular gathering spot.

We came right after the lunch menu stopped being served, so we ordered from the dinner menu. We had silltallrik (herring plate - which my boyfriend had and liked), skaldjur (a bowl soup of shrimps drenched in garlic butter - delicious!), kottbullar (Swedish meat balls with mashed potatoes and lingonberry sauce), a sommersby and a guiness - and this all cost 565 kroner.
My favourite part of the meal were the meatballs - the meat was perfectly seasoned, not dry at all, very flavourful, and drenched in whiskey cream sauce. Perfection.
I would go back here in a heartbeat!

• Visited March 2013
“Feel free to stop by alone, in casual fit”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Visiting Malmö several times for work, I found most of nice restaurants there have great atmosphere, and are crowded all through the week. When I searched this place following TA, was a bit worried of similar, in other words too-nice (like the famous B*s*a*d) atmosphere.
But hey, this was a adequately old pub with a very comfortable atmosphere. And the Food Indeed Was Great. I had the meatball, and could almost finish it although it's double of my usual quantity. Service was friendly but not excessive, just good for eating solo.
Small tip for new comers, Swedish local normal beer is 3.5%, which enables it be sold in stores. I didn't know why everyone recommended Irish beer, until I thought my 2 trials of local beer 'had something wrong'... =(

• Visited July 2013
Edinburgh
“Soooo tasty!!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Went here based on trip advisor reviews and was not disappointed!The place is lovely..cool wee pub..staff were great,but most of all,the food is delicious!!! I can recommend the spinach and mushroom lasagne. My mum loved her fish main course which was cod in a sauce with potatoes and my dad loved his meat and potato hash dish. Would definitely go back if I return to Malmo!

• Visited July 2013