“Lovely quaint hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Kalmar B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely quaint hotel!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

A lovely small hotel with entrance through garden. All the rooms have individual names which reflect their style. Ours was 'Peacefulness' - and it was. Overlooking the back but with pleasant garden views it was large, comfortable with a large modern bathroom. The staff were very helpful and eager to please. Breakfast was nicely laid out with a lot of choice including a lot of fresh fruit (and strawberries!)
It is conveniently situated for local siteseeing. The castle is in walking distance as is the Old Town and shops.

Room Tip: The room we had 'Vilsamheten' was lovely. The name means Peacefulness... and it was!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had a really enjoyable stay at Hilda. As others have noted check in and locating the hotel can be tricky.Once you are familiar with the set up, it seems to work!

Location does not immediately seem particularly attractive but it reallly proved to be very central especially if you are happy to walk. Parking was ok once you found out where the car park was.

We found it all very tranquil. Room was spacious with unusual photography on display.
Bed was supeb

Breakfast ingredients are high quality - but could have been more frequently replenished.

you need to get staff from the deli to replenish items

Room Tip: No 6 is very good!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbb961
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed here one night, and wish we could have stayed longer. Our room was very clean and spacious, and the check-in staff very friendly. Check-in is at the attached cafe, and while we were given a access code if we arrived when the cafe was closed, we didn't need it. Breakfast was not extravagant, but was fresh and plentiful. The hotel is within walking distance of all major sites in Kalmar, and has easy access to the highways to Oland and the Kingdon of Crystal towns. While there isn't an official reception, access is secure and controlled by key pads or your room key. Overall, a wonderul little hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NSTransplant
Northampton, UK
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The room was absolutely lovely i.e. comfortable, light and airy, and very clean. The cafe next door (which is linked to the hotel) was stocked with tasty sandwiches and salads, not cheap but then this is Sweden!

The staff at the cafe who also checked us in and out were friendly and the hotel was in a good location, 5-10 minutes walk to centre of town where there are lots of restaurants/pubs and shops.

My only niggle is that there was no hairdryer or coffee making facilities in the room but as the cafe is next door this wasn't a big deal!

Overall, very comfortable, friendly staff and most importantly for me, clean!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SOTC_Vic
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was a reasonably okay place to stay in Kalmar. I had high hopes because my conversations with Lotte via email leading up to the trip were very friendly and she seemed very helpful. My room was tiny but comfortable. The location was good, an easy walk to anywhere you'd want to go in Kalmar without being right in the center of things. There's no reception area, and I never saw Lotte or anyone else. I got the entrance code and the key taped to my door, so I was set when I arrived. I eventually figured out when I checked out that the cafe next door was where I needed to go to pay, but I think it would have been ridiculously easy to just leave without paying my bill. The guy at the cafe was very nice and gave me a free sandwich and drink to take on the train with me, and they were happy for me to leave my luggage in the room until my train left. The breakfast was not very good, just cereal and a tray of meat and cheese. The coffee was cold one morning.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank nocloset
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Modern spacious rooms and a good location make this a good choice.

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalmar
ProfilHotels Calmar Stadshotell
#5 of 12 in Kalmar
Hotel Skansen
Hotel Skansen
#1 of 1 in Farjestaden

Been to Hotell Hilda? Share your experiences!