“Conference”

ProfilHotels Calmar Stadshotell
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kalmar
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Location is excellent, close to shopping and culture. I also liked the breakfast menu, but the big room that it is served in is a bit cold. The staff is proffessional and friendly. Rooms are a bit warm in my taste, but if you open the window it works fine. Shampoo and such feel low budget and smell much so make sure to bring your own. We ate lunch, dinner and coffe here, and that was good quality. Mini cooler in the room is cold and nice.

Room Tip: I have stayed two times here and I liked 3rd floor better than 1st floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night during the holiday in December. We booked a 'superior' room which was by far the most expensive room available in Kalmar at the time we booked. The room was a huge disappointment though: very very dated (not one that had been renovated, it seemed), very old and worn furniture with stains on everything. Very sparsely furnished room also, and not in a good way. We had the distinct feeling that we had been given the very last room in the hotel, which seemed rather strange since we didn't see a single other guest during our entire stay, not even during breakfast. The front desk staff barely spoke and it was difficult to find someone when we first checked in.

On the plus side the hotel building is very nice and the location was excellent. The breakfast really saved it however - very good quality and extensive buffet, and as mentioned we had it entirely to ourselves. The breakfast room was also very nice.

Overall however, and huge disappointment and I would not come here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kymberand
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The staff at this hotel are just incredible. Very friendly, accommodating and service minded. I spent 6 days teaching here and I was in heaven. The food is so nice. The lunches are very generous and the flavors are just right. The morning and afternoon snacks for conference guests are the best I have seen anywhere in Europe.

Calmar overall is a city that sticks out in Sweden. No matter where you go you meet people that are outgoing, friendly, curious and warm.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ulf L
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location with nice rooms,if a little dated and without that luxury feel.

The price is pretty ok,but I would have wanted a little bit more for my money.

I was on a business trip and was let down a bit by the wifi being ridiculously slow and constantly dropping connection.

I also booked this hotel because I like to have a sauna after a day in the cold.

The sauna didnt work and I told the staff. They just replied 'oh I don't know'. That was the end of that.

It wasn't that they were rude,but didnt make that extra effort.

One thing of note is that the breakfast was absolutely amazing. This is included in the price. Really really amazing actually.

So,the stay was comfy,rooms fine,quiet fellow guests. It was just ok. No frills or real desire to go back there.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank John J
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The hotel has very good location on the main square and near the cathedral. Room was overall very nice and large. The breakfast was good, even that there was some funny looking cold cuts, but with this breakfast you can easily skip the lunch.

It would nice to have small mini-bar in the room. In our room there was no A/C, but it was enough to open the windows. We did check-in around 5PM and have to wait room sometimes because it wasn´t ready yet. The room price could be a bit reasonable, because this is not 5star hotel.

But generally good hotel and worth of stay...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

A very nice comfortable hotel in a beautiful city. WE had two rooms which were very spacious , one of the rooms had a problem with the air-conditioning but that wasn't to much of an issue. The buffet Breakfast was really good , plenty of food for every taste. The sitting areas were very comfortable with free tea and coffee making in the lobby. There was also a computer for guests to use in the lobby. The pub was good and the staff very helpful, I would love to visit Kalmar again and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Check that the Air-conditioning is working.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed here just one night on our travels. Our room was nice, beds were comfortable and we had a lovely new shower. Breakfast was very good. I recommend this hotel is you are passing through and need a nice, clean, comfortable room. I believe many of the rooms are receiving remodeling.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple