“Utmärkt hamburgare”

Oljebaren
Ranked #266 of 3,046 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: European, Italian, Bar, Scandinavian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Vasastan
“Utmärkt hamburgare”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I went to Oljebaren because it was recommended by a friend. It is definitely a place to recommend.
It is located at the north entrance of the underground station Sankt Eriksplan. Unfortunately the entrence is right behind a bus stop which reduces the appeal to sit outside. Inside, however, it is very cosy with a seated area on two floors.

The staff was initally very attentive but did forget us for a bit after they gave us the menues. They made up for this by comping our starters when we reminded them that we wanted to order. This was a nice gesture.

I ordered their speciality burger which was excellent and my wife ordered the vegetarian lasagna which was also great. Drinkswise, the restaurant had a good variety of both wine and beer. The beer was particularly interesting because they had Spanish beers which I've never seen before.

Overall a great place and I will come back for sure.

• Visited June 2013

“Burgers extra-ordinaire!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Been here a couple of times for the burgers!
Excellent patty, with home made buns, cheese & bacon, accompanied by triple-fried fries and a cole-slaw with dill(!) that tastes excellent!
Small but interesting collection of beers. Staff nice, but not overly welcoming or cheerful.
Normally, if you sit at the bar, you are able to get involved in some sort of interaction with the staff, i.e. someone asking if everything is OK or similar. This won't happen here...

• Visited May 2013
Stockholm
“In the hunt for the greatest burger”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

For those who seen my other reviews I'm trying out some great burger places. This place is more restaurant than a burger place and I like it. The burger itself is a good size homemade with bacon and cheese. Its tasty and a lot of great flavors that makes you want another one. While you on other places need to stand in line forever we got a table immediately :-) Its really close to Rådmansgatan(100 meters) metro station so don't be afraid of going here. Its hard to get a winner with burgers but these are great and the thing that stands out is the fries...Wow they are triple fried and so good. They have also a good selection of beer and wine. Go here and you will be satisfied.

Visited May 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“A case for Gordon Ramsey”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Came here on a Sunday based on the raving reviews, especially for the burger. Was net but 2 female employees who seemed less than enthusiastic about their job. No table was ready so I sat in the bar. Table next to me was piled up with plates and used napkins. And remained so throughout my 1.5h visit, of which I spent 1h waiting. Same story on bar counter...plates and left overs from previous guests. Place looked to me like someone's kitchen day after a party. Problem was that staff was not interested in cleaning up. As I'm writing this review, the guys who came in 15 min after me get their burgers while I'm still waiting. I tell one of the workers and ask what's the deal? They start talking about the grill not working which will delay my food another 15 min, which has nothing to do with the fact that they did not serve me but rather the neighbors in the bar. 45 min later, still waiting for my food while the mess on the bar is also waiting for someone to clean it up....seriously amateurish. How was the burger? It was actually very good. And they did offer the food FYI along with an apology. So kudos for trying to make it right.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank stefanfunke
“Excellent food and reasonable prices!”
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Great place! I eat a very tasty marrocan stew with aubergine caviar and a nice chocolate mousse with a glass of red wine for 335:- it s rare in stockholm to get mains for less than 200:- great service and atmosphere too! :)