“Better than it shud be.”
Review of Frantzen - CLOSED

Frantzen
Price range: US$25 - US$468
Cuisines: European, Swedish, Scandinavian, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We managed to get reservation to this restaurant during our short visit to Stockholm. This most anticipated degustation restaurant happened to be above my expectation with personal service of mr. Frantzen himself. We had their more than 15 courses that represent the best organic food that Sweden could provide. The combination and final taste was really amazing and we had the best quality ingredients from the Chef
and his senior/junior member (Max and Nina). They should have gained better ranking and I believe they will hopefully for next year. We happened to be their other restaurant as well (The Flying Elk) and their leisure food were also
Amazing. Everyone should try it when in Stockholm.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had a wonderful meal here last week. Staff was very friendly, the 16 courses were all interesting and almost always delicious. My wife doesn't eat meat and they accommodated her with no problems. The only minor stumble was the desserts, which we both thought were not as delicious as the rest of the menu.

We didn't choose the wine pairing and did not pick up any hint of disdain because of this. Overall, the second best restaurant we've eaten at. The winner is still Inn at Little Washington, but Frantzen came close.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

When you watch the trailer on http://www.restaurantfrantzen.com/en/: that says it all. No surrender, you'll be served the full Frantzen menu, with - if desired - an astounding wine offering as well. This restaurant is so original, so natural, so homy, so good, so delicious: it is one big adventure, for the eye, the palate, the mind. We celebrated my birthday here, in March 2014, and both found that this is one of the best restaurants on earth.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I just finished my dinner tonight and can't wait to write a review about it. This is one of the most expensive meal we ever had, but it's worth every penny. The service is fantastic, friendly and detailed, though we don't remember much about the ingredients, the taste was so creative and some dishes were something we've never tried before, some dishes are a bit sour for me, that is something asian food usually don't have. And I was so full, that's total more than 10 dishes and I could barely finish them on my own.
We traveled from Iceland, Denmark, Norway to Stockholm and are heading to Finland tomorrow, Frantzen is so far the best restaurant that show us what NE food really is.
If you have plan some budget for nice dining in your trip, come and try!

1  Thank Molly C
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We enjoy a "fancy" dinner for birthdays, and after having tried Matsalen in Stockholm this time we went for Frantzen.

An overall wonderful dining experience, with lovely ambiance, great service and of course great food. A truly extraordinary experience with some unexpected surprises such as a lovely plate of locally grown vegetables... truly delicious. We dined at a table but after having seen the setup would also recommend customers to try the counter seats. It looked like a very interesting setup too.

The staff politely inquired on whether we were celebrating a special occasion, and we appreciated the complimentary bit of cake to celebrate my wife´s birthday.

Only "imperfection" was that something in the food that really didn´t agree with both our stomachs. We both felt a "unwell" 1-2 hours after the dinner. I could blame the oyster since I had more of it than the wife, and I felt worst - honestly I would´t know which ingredient was the culprit.
Nothing serious but worth mentioning, as it forced us to turn the evening towards a less romantic and more humorous direction.

Expensive but worth it for a special occasion, too bad for the poor luck with our stomachs, otherwise I would rate it 5/5.