“Pretty great”
Review of Skanstulls Hostel

Skanstulls Hostel
“Pretty great”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I needed litteratly just a place to sleep. But i found the place really nice, allthough I would have preferred a " womens-only" dorm room. I checked in really late so the reception was closed, but keys, Info etc was needly places in a little locker. Clean bedlinnen was placed on the bed for rent (could have been great to be able to rent towells aswell)
Bathrooms and girlshowers was really clean and nice.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This hostel is really amazing. I have absolutely no negative remarks to make. The staff were very nice and helpful, the place perfectly clean, a very large bathroom and an infinite amount of toilets! The kitchen is really incredible. It's the perfect place to hang out and the atmosphere was great. There's also free (good!) coffee and tea, as well as free pasta. My friends and I were in the 12 person dorm, and it still felt rather private. Would definitely recommend this place without hesitation. Also, excellent location, really close to the metro and in a nice area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is by far the best hostel I have stayed in. We stayed in a double room with our own bathroom which was clean and the shower had amazing water pressure. The rooms are well sound proofed (better than some hotels I have stayed in!). The staff were very friendly and happy to help. The kitchen is well appointed and they provide you with free tea and coffee. Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hostel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Myself & my Partner & 2 other couples stopped for 2 nights. We were all amazed when we got in there, we were a little worried what it would be like with it being a Hostel! It was easily a 3* Hotel. We had a room with a bathroom, the room wasn't massive but big enough. The bathroom was a good size, and everything was clean. The lighting wasn't great in the room, it was more like "mood" lighting. Could just do with somewhere else to put your clothes, as there was just a rail with 4 coat hangers. We took our own bedding as we didn't want to pay for it. The bed was very comfy!
I arrived at 1:10pm and my room wasn't ready, which was fine as check-in wasn't till 3pm - but my Friends room was ready so we were able to check in to that room. My room became clean about 15 mins later, asked the lady who was cleaning it if i'd be able to have it before 3pm with it being clean now. She was very rude and said "no check in is 3pm". Yet the girl on reception let me - she was so friendly & helpful!!
Would recommend this to anyone! Great value for money & very clean. 3 min walk from Skanstulls station. Plenty to do around!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I stayed in a 12-bed dorm for one night, travelling alone. Very nicely arranged with the walls that is built up around in the room where the beds are, so that you get some privacy. And that they were painted a dark brown was perfect for me who need quite dark surroundings to sleep.

What was missing in my opinion, was more hooks to hang clothes, in more accessible locations. If you sleep in the upper bed, you are left with nowhere to put your clothes and stuff other than the floor, because the hooks for clothing is mounted next to the pillow-end by the lower bed. To walk this close to a stranger (that either sleeps or tries to) feels very intrusive. Also, it would have felt safer to have separated men and women dorms.
I also discovered the need for having a nightstand or some form of shelf to keep my phone, glasses, book, etc. The upper bed is so high from the floor, phones falling from that height will surely fail to wake you up in the morning (ever again).

The showers had a layout that made me quite uneasy, as walking into the women's shower/dressing room was waay too easy, and connected to a hall where free to use computers were located. There was no sense of privacy or safety in the ladies shower room (I showered very fast...), but they were clean enough.

The kitchen was nice and stocked with all you can need. The free pasta/food/tea/coffee was very appreciated!
Nice and helpful staff!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in the twin room with no window. Good location, only 2 mins from the nearest Tunnelbanna (Tube/Metro) station. Right in the middle of Sodermalm.

We checked ourselves in after 8pm using our code already given to us to access the night entrance (after 8pm). The room is fairly small but really fine for two people for a few days.

Kitchen area is slightly small for the number of guests. However the free tea, coffee and dry pasta made up for that. There is free wi-fi and plenty of free computers to us dotted throughout. The showers and numerous toilets were all very clean, modern and there never seemed to be anyone in them!

Staff as polite and helpful with lots of free maps/museum guides available. There was a small library available also.

Overall a good value hostel. This is not a party hostel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was one of the more expensive hostels we have stayed in, but we had a private double room. Very safe and secure. Had to pass through a special locked area and then a well locked room. Room was very comfortable and clean. We had no windows in our room, but there was a nice wall covering the entire wall with a photo of the Stockholm City Center. This was the nicest, cleanest hostel we have stayed in.

Room Tip: The doubles were rather expensive, but so was everything else in Stockholm. I didn't see the dor...