Lydmar Hotel
US$248
US$217
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Story Hotel Riddargatan(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$154
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Central by Scandic(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Hotell och Vandrarhem Zinkensdamm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$80
  • Restaurant
Motel L Hammarby Sjostad(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$86
Hotwire.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgrand hotelmedium roomsmall luxury hotelroyal palacenational museuminteresting artexceptional hotelliving roomlovely boutiqueold towninterior designlarge roomthe hotel is perfectly locatedcool placeview of the waterperfect locationsitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I agree with all the previous comments. I won't repeat anything new here. We are from the United States. We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise to Scandanavia and Russia. Our departure port was Stockholm. I researched hotels in Stockholm (through Trip Advisor) to stay on the front end of the cruise. The Lydmar Hotel was our first choice because of the high ratings and great comments by their guests. Before we arrived, I sent the hotel several emails asking them many questions about our stay and the city. They responded quickly and were super helpful!! I was a bit nervous to trust the taxi situation in Stockholm, so they arranged a taxi service to met us at the ARD (Arlanda) airport. After 24 hours of flying, the transporation to the hotel was very easy and stress free. Our room was beautiful (and big compared to European standards), the cafes/restaurants were very fun and had great food. The hotel is centrally located. Lastly, the man who helped us with our luggage and getting our taxi driver to the right port was priceless (on July 20 @ 10am). I am sorry I didn't catch his name.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I love this hotel, definitely my favorite in central Stockholm (and I've tried about 30 different ones).
We stayed here in July, in the room category referred to as “medium” which turned out to be very large. The room was on the first floor, right on top of the bar/restaurant so I was a bit concerned about noise but that vanished when I entered the room since the soundproofing is the best I ever experienced in a hotel.

The interior design feels modern, yet personal and the bed was very comfortable. Everything non alcoholic in the minibar is complimentary, a very clever and appreciated move from the hotel.

The restaurants and bars are all excellent as well as the location of the hotel. All and all, it's expensive but well worth it and I look forward to staying here again soon.

1  Thank Anamayha
Reviewed 30 July 2014

In town for business and pleasure, over two separate stays, we were looking for a nice hotel in a good location for the week. We certainly found it with the Hotel Lydmar. The reservation process online/email went smoothly. On arrival, the hotel staff were warm and welcoming, and of course, all speak perfect English. Having just arrived from our long, overnight flight from Chicago, we dragged into the hotel lobby about 9:45 AM. The young lady at the desk (Josephine?) took our bags to the storage area then, at our request, directed us to the restrooms to freshen up. Then she pointed the way to the sunny dining area where we enjoyed our first, wonderful Swedish breakfast of breads, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, bacon and eggs, cheeses, sliced meats, and excellent coffee. That put us in good stead to head out and explore this gorgeous city. We found out later that we were not even charged for that breakfast. Every night stay does include breakfast, but this was the morning of arrival, so thank you, Hotel Lydmar!
The hotel is located right on one of the many Stockholm waterways across from the Royal Palace (currently not lived in.) We could easily walk across the bridge to scenic old town, Gamla Stan, which we enjoyed immensely. Sure, the main street is a little touristy, but there are many great little boutiques and restaurants all along there and on the side streets that we really enjoyed. The hotel is also an easy walk the other direction to the main shopping district where you will find all of the famous designer shops like Louis Vuitton, Hugo Boss, etc. as well as walking distance to the various museums and other popular tour spots.
We returned in the afternoon and checked into our modern, spacious king room with all of the best touches and amenities. All in all, we can't say enough about the Lydmar.
One additional note: the outdoor waterfront patio area (which allows smoking) and 3rd floor terrace restaurant definitely cater to the young, professional crowd. This is not a place for families or those who turn in early. Music played outside until about 11PM each evening and there was quite a bit of activity then. We also ran into a unique, one-day celebration on June 18 for the Summer Solstice where the sun more-or-less doesn't set, and the kids party till dawn. We were trying to get to sleep to catch a plane in the morning, and the music that night went on until 1AM. But that was just that one holiday night, I believe. "When in Rome....."

Room Tip: This is a boutique hotel so ask if you are unhappy with your room. We were here to two different stays and our room for the second stay, in the same size category, was much larger with a better view. Also, we were a bit concerned that the rooms were only "air cooled" and not true AC, but the nights in June cooled right off and the windows opened, so it was lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank OhioSilverLaker
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed for three days over a weekend. The staff is outstanding in every way. They will do anything to improve your stay. Breakfast omlette were the best we ever had. Room was super quiet. Lively bar scene and great location. Loved our stay and loved Stockholm.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis L
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were here for one night at the end of a Baltic cruise, and loved everything about it.

We arrived early, at 9 am, and surprisingly, they had a room ready for us and allowed us to check in early. The lady at reception advised that they had us in a room overlooking the harbor, but it also overlooked the terrace where a band played at night, and she asked us if that was okay, or if we would prefer to switch. Since I am noise sensitive, we went with the move, and they put us in a room on the top floor at the back, and it was very quiet indeed.

The room was well decorated and comfortable, and was actually quite large (we went with a 'medium' sized one). There were big windows which made it light and airy, and there was also a cool port hole with a window ledge to sit on, and a view over the harbor.

Here are a few things that made the experience exceptional, and showed how the staff here go above and beyond:
- my husband wanted to get a coffee and pastry and sit out on the terrace in front of the hotel just after we had checked in, however, they advised that they didn't have the licence to eat out there, so they invited us in to have a full breakfast inside instead - even though we were really only supposed to be checking in that afternoon!
- I had sent an email asking if I could arrange for a treat in the room (chocolate covered strawberries) since it was a trip for my husband's "big 60" birthday and the last day of our trip, but there was a communication problem (my fault likely), and we didn't get them. However, they insisted on not charging us for a half bottle of wine that we'd had instead, as a way to make up for it. I thought this was a very kind gesture on their part.
- the hotel is affiliated with the Grand hotel next door, and customers can use the Grand's spa facilities - please, take advantage of this! Someone had strongly recommended it to us, and although I didn't really want to spend time in Stockholm in a pool when there was so much to see, we decided to go for a short visit in the late afternoon after a long day of sightseeing.....it was beyond fantastic and we ended up staying an hour and a half! The ambiance is wonderful - it seems to be styled after a roman bath - and there is a gas fireplace beside the pool, and amazing smelling aromatherapy. There is soft music playing, lovely little sitting areas, a steam room, a thalassotherapy pool, and an amazing multi-headed shower. The service there was also outstanding.

The location of the hotel is just about as good as it gets....right on the water front, and walking distance to the palace, the museums, the old town, and the other islands.

When we were checking out, it turned out that the lady at reception was Finnish, as is my husband, and they ended up having a great conversation in their native language, and we ended up meeting her parents as well who were visiting, and had friends in the same town where my husband was born. All of this added to the very special experience of staying at this hotel.

I thought it was a little expensive when I was booking it, but hoped that it would be worth it, and it truly was.....we would stay here again in a heart beat when we come back to Stockholm one day.
It was just wonderful!

Room Tip: I suspect all the rooms are awesome. Ask for a quiet room at the back if you think the terrace noise and band will bother you.
1  Thank edesem123