Lodge32
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$334
  • Restaurant
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$178
Agoda.com
Hotel Diplomat(Stockholm)
US$327
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Good central location, WiFi worked well. Very homelike feel to the place with a small kitchen area. Beds were very comfortable, lockers available, reading lights were useful. Cons: short working times for staff, and you have to pay separately for bedding (no sleeping bags). I don't know if all of Stockholm does it like this but I have never seen it before. The bedding was fairly cheap, however.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Lodge M, Reception at Lodge32, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Dear Micah,
Thank you very much for your nice review! We are happy that you spent a great time in our hostel! We change also our reception hours, we are open every day from 9am to 6pm! Hope you will be able to come back soon!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Lodge32 has a good central location and fairly reliable wireless internet, but not much else going for it. Reception is only open between 15.00-18.00, and nobody answers the phone number they leave when not there. There are no keys, just a number pad on the outside of the building, but they change the code every day... and you have to get the code from reception... which isn't open until the afternoon. When I did speak to anyone at reception, they were friendly and helpful, but they're only there a few hours a day. It's a rather inconvenient arrangement, compared to just having a key/key card issued to each visitor.
There are no locks on the doors of individual rooms, but there are lockers in each room (no padlock provided, but available for 30/-) which have relatively narrow profiles, but you can fit a 13" retina MacBook Pro or similar-sized laptop, or any tablet computer. The mattresses are very thin and hard, and the pillow you're provided with is tiny, and the comforter (blanket) in my bed was very threadbare and thin. They also charge 60/- for sheets and a towel, unless you book online in which case they waive the fee. The common area is very small, as are the kitchen accommodations. If I were traveling through Stockholm again on a budget, I would try a different hostel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NDM_13

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review! Everything you mentioned help us ameliorate! We improve a lot during these months! Reception is now open from 9am to 6pm! We refurnished both our kitchen and the rooms. Hope you will be able to come back and check all our improvements!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Luckily we spend only 2 nights in this hostel. For those 3 days we never saw a employed (somebody who is cleaning, somebody on the reception ...). The room was like a basemenet, cold and even there were no windows it was windy. The toilets and everything was dirty. The only good thing is the location, it's relatively close to the old town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bojana B
Lodge T, Manager at Lodge32, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Hej, Bojana!

Thank you for the review!

As we have no possibility to have windows, we have improved ventilation. We always gladly provide extra blankets free of charge to guests!
We surely have cleaner and receptionist!

We would love to see you back!

Love, Lodge32 team

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed with 2 teenage daughters in the family room, which was a bit cramped as you would expect, but we spent the days out sightseeing so it didn't matter. Kitchen facilities are adequate except for the lack of a toaster (apparently it sets off the smoke alarm). Unisex WC and showers seems common place in Sweden these days but made for some rather smelly/untidy experiences. The hostel uses a code to allow access through the front door. Unfortunately the reception forgot to let us know that the code changes every day and hence I got locked out when I went for a morning run.... the 7/11 around the corner seemed used to that problem and let me borrow a phone. Although I had paid for the bed linen up front, I was charged again on arrival. Once I noticed the double charge it was refunded immediately but I would have expected their records to show that I'd already paid. Had we arrived after hours this would have been a problem. The TV didn't work and the reception offered to have someone look into it the following Thursday... This is a place where you stay for the location which is perfect, walking distance from the central station and with a bus stop literally on the door step. There are plenty of restaurants, a liquor store and several cafes and food shops around the corner and beautiful Malarstrand within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: I didn't see any other rooms, but the family room has two single beds and a bunk bed. It was OK for the 3 nights we stayed there as we were out and on the go every day and only used it for sleeping.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
ACCONU, Manager at Lodge32, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear guest, thank you for the feedback! Welcome back again. Best regards, Marina, LODGE32 HOSTEL

Reviewed 12 February 2013

One of the hostel I enjoyed the less.
I stayed 7 nights so I think I didn't jump too fast to conclusions.

There are too many rooms for the actual space available. And too few showers.
You have to pay your bedlinens (some 8 euros)! And no sleepingbags allowed.
The cleanness was so-so. Poor kitchen but 2 big fridges, useful.
Keep in mind that this hostel is in a basement! No windows! But who never dreamt about sleeping, taking a shower and cooking in rooms without windows?
I don't know about the age-policy in the establishment, but there was a weird 60-year old party man next to me and felt really uncomfortable.
The staff is quite unpleasant and leaves early, so don't expect to sleep well, it's noisy every night. Not to mention the poor quality of the beds/mattresses...
Very old furniture everywhere and bedbugs in the rooms.

Also, 12 beds-room is just not human! In some 20 square meters.... I still don't understand

Only good things : lockers in the rooms, good location (though in the summer the nearby metro station is closed...), free wifi (but only in the common room, where there is one couch for the whole hostel, yay)

I chose this hostel for the price (cheaper hostel in stockholm), but if I had to do it again, I would definitely add 2 or 3 euros per night and go to another hostel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo