Story Hotel Riddargatan
US$250
US$221
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$214
Victory Hotel(Stockholm)
US$251
getaroom.com
1,324 results
All reviewsling longgreat locationcool hotelbalcony roomboutique hotelgreat barunderfloor heatinghotel barthe ground floorcentral stockholmperfect hotelmini barboiled eggscomfy bedlong weekendunderground stationvisit stockholm
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is very funky. The decor is very industrial. The staff are helpful. However, our room was very small, and we paid for an upgraded room. Going by other reviews I understand that they must have bigger rooms - but we didn't get one. The bed was comfy - if a bit too soft. Shower room (no bath) was minuscule. Also the room lacks anywhere to store underwear, t shirts, etc. It was a nice touch that water is provided free of charge together with some welcome drinks and a plate of sliced fruits. There is a keypad that is used to access your room with your own personal code but the corridors are so dark and gloomy it is hard to see the numbers on the pad. The room is also very noisy. When the bin men came early Monday morning they made an awful racket.
The location is perfect for sightseeing and close to the metro.
On balance I think when I return to Stockholm I'll try a different hotel with, hopefully, a bigger room.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel. From the warm welcome to the helpful advice, the price, location, food, music, cool decor, bar and drinks. Cecilia's cocktails were amazing. There was nothing she couldn't make.

I will be staying here again without doubt.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We found this to be a great place. The location was terrific, the rooms and bedding were comfortable ( get a Superior Room for the extra space), the bar is fabulous --make sure to meet Johan, Bar Manager, who was very helpful and informative about things to do in Stockholm.
The elevator was a high point with the great voice announcing each floor. We have found elevators in Europe to be a little scary - this was a good one. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel for couples or families or business people.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in May, and enjoyed our time in the hotel.

We tried to use the self-service check-in, and I think that due to the mouse being slow to respond, and my impatience, I clicked one too many times, and missed the screen that told us our room number - but that was quickly rectified by the staff member at the door.

Our room was a "Just Large King" - and it was large! It felt more like an apartment than a hotel room, and I really liked the decor. I didn't find any issues on the design over function front, with the exception of the lack of a full shower door, meaning that the floor in the bathroom gets very wet when someone showers. Otherwise we had plenty of space for hanging clothes, maybe not so much for folded clothes though (so these stayed in the case).

The only other downside is that there is no air-conditioning, and although we were there in May, the temps were low-mid 20's, and it was quite warm in the room. During the night, as another reviewer said, you have to choose between air/cool (windows open) and sleep (windows closed) - because with the windows opened, you get all the noise from the people in the bar and on the street after the bar closes, closely followed be a garbage/cleansing truck.

The breakfast was OK, but they did run out of plates, cutlery and cups - and there's nobody there to seat you, all very self-service too. Some more signage on the food would be good too, to save any unfortunate incidents with boiled egg topped with pickled fish!!!

Location of the hotel is great too, two minutes from a t-bana station, but also close enough to walk to Centralen (20 mins?) and the Old Town.

If I was going back to Stockholm, I'd choose the Story Hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We much enjoyed staying in this boutique hotel, with its distinctive decoration and hilarious lift announcements. Breakfast was full of variety and relaxed. Some reviews have suggested the hotel is noisy. I am sensitive to noise, and easily get woken by birds calling as they fly over the house; but I used my ear plugs only once while I was here. Granted, it was midsummer, so possibly less activity than normal, we had long busy days and the days and nights were cool, but even so, I slept without problem. It's also suggested by some reviewers that this is a place where young cool people hang out (they do) and that this might make uncool oldies feel out of place: not true. The beds are large and comfortable, the rooms clean and well maintained. The location could hardly be better, 20 minibuses stroll from the Old Town, 10 minutes from NK and the national museum. We would stay here again without hesitation, and eat in the restaurant in the evening (see separate review). The only thing we did not try was the bar, but the lunch menu showed that veggies could eat here comfortably.