“Not sure”
Review of Acco Hostel

Acco Hostel
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Well, probably my review will be based upon my previous experience. This is a small hostel and you are packed there like sardines in can. Everything is clean and in order, but everything is absolutly to small for my taste, we also had a room without a window, which was a minus, but obviously you can not choos. value/quality is granted.

Room Tip: this is only for friends, not for family or for eldery/wheelchair people, some rooms are without win...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank grantica79

Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Before i came here, i thought it would be difficult to live without staff. However, everything is esay. We paid the fee when we booked the hostel and we got the door and entrance number afterwards. When we were in our room, i saw the name tag on our bed. It's really sweet. They have a small kitchen with utencils and free coffee and tea. But no oven. You can only eat easy food here like sandwich or instant noodle. If you want to save money and live without disturbing things, you must try Acco!!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is oly the second hostel I have stayed in and unfortunately it did not live to my expectations at all. Not having any constant members of staff meant that if you weren't happy with something, well then tough! We stayed in one of the larger shared rooms and were the only women in there, this wasn't a problem on the first two nights but on our last night we were quite uncomfortable as two of the male guests were becoming unbearable. We didn't sleep at all that night and with an early flight to catch it wasn't ideal!

Other than that, the hostel was okay. The shower areas are tiny and dark and have no spaces within the shower area to keep clothes dry. There is no communal area except a landing with a single sofa and two computers with Internet, this did not matter to us too much as we wanted to explore the area. However, one thing I found to be a major problem was how DARK this hostel was! The light in the rooms is so poor and something I really found difficult to cope with at times,

Lockers are supplied in the rooms which was a good safety aspect and meant we could leave our passports in the room instead of carrying them around all the time.

I understand that you get what you pay for and obviously we were aware this was an unstaffed hostel and you get all sorts of people staying in hostels, but this is one to be treated with caution I feel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lorna E
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My first "staffless" place I've ever been to. sometime it means that the place could get a bit noisy at night if no one bothers to call the personnel. but we did like the place - it's close to the centre, very clean, great value.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Although is is cheaper than the other hostels in Stockholm, it has enough problems to stop me from staying there again. The biggest problem is that there are no staff, which means that guests can do (and indeed, do ) do what they like. No control over the people who are in the hostel, and when there are problems, then there is nobody there to sort things out. Not good.

There were frequent problems with the internet, but of course, as nobody is there then nothing can be done.. The 6 bed room was extremely cramped, not enough space for bags and also there are almost no places to sit outside of the bedroom. Only 1 small stool in the bedroom for 6 people.. Sleep was not easy with the traffic noise outside, and also with the noisy guests who continued throughout much of the night.

Another bad thing was that I got charged an extra 40 SEK for sheets, despite the fact that I had emailed them to say that I had my own sheets and towels. Another reason not to stay there.

The location on Sodermalm is inconvenient so you have to add the (high) cost of the metro onto the hostel price. Also it has only one sink and a microwave and fridge, so almost no kitchen at all. So basically you either sit on your bed or else go out.

So although it is cheaper than the other hostels, it is not a pleasant place to stay. Would I recommend it, definitely not.

Room Tip: Choose another hostel !! For a few more kronor there are better hostels than this one, and hostels...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank centraltraveller
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Minuses-very closely, no common room, no siting places in buffet. One thin corridor and a few dorms. I lived in 6-bed dorm during 6 nights, it was not full, only 1-4 guests. No reception-ones 2 girls occupayed 1 bed (for economy, i think) and nobody cares)
Pluses-clean bed and linen, near from center-20 minutes to Gamla Stan. Free Internet, free coffee and tea.
I recommend it for students as budhet hostel.

Room Tip: If you have claustrophobia, it's not your place)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Staying just one night on my own in a single bed room it suited my needs exactly. Cheap, decent location but seemingly well maintained. The room was small (just about 1 foot wider than the bed) but very clean and was all that I needed.

What I didn't like was the noise someone was making before 6am in the morning apparently taking bins out. That was bad but what was worse was having someone (presumably a member of staff) open the door to my room at 7am when obviously I had use of it till 12! If I had been a woman alone and that man had opened the door that early I would not have felt very safe.

Room Tip: I don't think much choice but I was in room 5 which is right on the communal area.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo