“Very Great Hotel~~~~~~”
Review of Hotel Skeppsholmen

Hotel Skeppsholmen
Ranked #3 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I would like to say thanks for all of your guys, gave us very great services & helpful when we stay in hotel during 1-7 July, 2011.
This is our first time to visit at Stockholm, it's a so beautiful city. And we had very great time in Stockholm.

Especially when we stay in hotelskeppsholmen, From reception, house keeping and waiter(and waiteress), all of them gave us very very good services & memory. The taste of food in hotel's restaurant is so delicious (The meat ball is my favorite)

Specifically thanks for one waitress , She have a very great smile (just like a sunshine, when u see her smile, u'll feel it;s so warm), pretty and so patient for waiting our order ^_^. .

We'll decide visit Stockholm again and also stay in hotel skeppsholmen again!

Room Tip: All the room are so good~~
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.
So glad to read you had a nice stay in Stockholm and our hotel.
Be assure I will inform my team about your kind words about them!
I agree, our meatballs are tasty!
Best and I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

If you go around christmas and it is snowing this destination is like a fairytale. Located on Skeppsholmen Island, you are away from the hustle and bustle enough for it to be romantic but so close, just a walk over the bridge to the centre of Stockholm for shopping, bars, museums etc. On the island there is the museum of modern art a few minutes walk from the hotel and some beautiful architecture and if you don't want to walk over the bridge you can take a boat to the city centre from the island. But, the best thing about this hotel is the breakfast. The most hedonistic breakfast I have ever had, a beautiful array of homemade breads, crispy bacon, eggs, different teas, homemade juices....and you can keep going for as much as you would like, surrounded by powdery snow, fairy lights and candles and a good selection of magazines and books. The only downfall is the dinner, extremely expensive, best to go out and eat. We got the hotel price as part of a deal, so better value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmatait
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Great location on Skepsholmen island, made our stay feel like a real holiday. Very quiet and pretty spot, about 15 minutes walk to the city centre. Excellent service and very comfy beds. Decor edgy though not always practical. Best breakfasts ever, by candlelight. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review.
I and my team are glad we made your stay like a real holiday! We are very proud over our breakfast and it’s always nice with candles on the table at breakfast now when Stockholm is going in to a darker season.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

This hotel was the last stop on our recent honeymoon and was ideal for a relaxing stay before returning to normal life. The hotel was wonderful and the food delicious, breakfast in particular was brilliant; I don't think I've started the day that well in a long time! The staff were so helpful and were obviously old hands at coping with people whose Swedish is sadly lacking, although we did try!

2  Thank Becky S

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this nice review.
Glad to hear we were a stop on your honeymoon and I am pleased to hear you had a nice stay with us. Please be assure I will inform my team about your comments about them.

Best and next time you will visit us I will personally learn you some Swedish!

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I loved this hotel. Point black. I could have lived at this hotel. I have travelled all over and this trendy, posh, modern place deserves a 5-star rating. Straight away the hotel was welcoming, warming, informative. I walk the line to say this place smells and feels like a spa upon entry. As if you've entered a different world. Even the key-cards are trendy and hot. We were informed of an upgrade upon our arrival - the room was beyond clean, spacious, and had every ammenity you could think of including a huge safe. Plush robes, great closet space, the coolest sinks and showers, big windows, modern decor and uber comfortable beds. This hotel knows just the right touches to cross the t's and dot the i's on your stay.

At first the cab driver told us we were far away from everything. Not true. You have your own island, away overlooking the hustle and bustle of Stockholm's old town and new town - to die for view. It is a walk, but a lovely walk with museums right along your way. Perhaps a 15-20 minute saunter to the old town, if you will. If that doesn't suit you don't be discouraged yet - there is a bus every 20 minutes which literally drops you off right at the hotel. It's the number 65. I would recommend getting off of it right around the Opera House and you'll have the option for a five minute walk to old town or new town.

Breakfast at the hotel was lovely. Always a place to sit, most often with a view. Gorgeous breads, cheeses, crispy bacon and eggs, french toast.... creamy white pitchers filled with yogurt, glass canisters filled to the brim with teas, mustards, cereals, dried fruits, caviars, nutella, butters, trimmings of all kinds. They have big comfy mugs for your coffee and fresh juices that you can't get enough of. We had dinner here as well one evening and it was lovely. The presentation is gorgeous, and the food so fresh. It is in the same room as breakfast but truly it is transformed. Dress up a bit and make an evening of it. They have crates filled with wines and a refined pallete for their cuisine I must say. Top off the evening with a walk around the island to view the lights of Stockholm and watch the fireworks over the Royal Palace - within plain view from the hotel.

Definitely get the Stockholm card. They sell 1-2 day cards at the hotel, easily billed to the room. It is a pricey city for certain and you will get your money's worth. Our favorite museum was the National Museum, open late and is such a treat. And, you will need it, if you get lost as I do. There are metros and busses everywhere. It is a very tricky and sneaky city to get lost in, and I don't mean by choice. In the old town it doesn't matter but in the new town you can easily wander into more residential areas off the beaten path. The language is difficult and I give hats off to whoever can remember the names of streets when someone offers directions.

I can't say enough about Stockholm, this hotel and its staff. You tuly must go for this haven, this retreat. You will not want to leave. Great location, great everything.

--- A note for a cheaper ride to the hotel from the airport and back: There are two main taxi services. One dials 30 0000 and the other 15 0000. I believe we requested they call the 30 0000 as their price was only 490 Krona vs. 520 with the other. Not a huge leap I know, but worth it after you see how expensive this northern city is indeed. Remember you're figuring in tip as well.

A note to the hotel if they read this: It would be lovely to have just some smaller wash cloths in addition to the large hand towels. :)

2  Thank AutumninChicago

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what an absolutely wonderful one to receive!
I am so glad you had a great stay in our capital and our hotel! So glad you enjoyed everything from our location, our beds, breakfast, the restaurant, the presentation etc. and as always I am extra glad to read you amazing comments about my team! To quote you: welcoming, warming and informative is exactly what I and my team want to give to our guest.
I hope you will visit Stockholm again in the future and then please mail me and I will personally book you in and hopefully meet you in person.
Joachim Olausson
Ps, we will install smaller wash cloths.

Reviewed 5 November 2011

We loved this place! When we checked in, the front desk attendant informed us of a room upgrade. The room was spacious, clean, well-decorated, and overlooked the water. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and not crowded. The hotel is only a 10-15 minute walk to the old town, and there is a bus stop right at the hotel. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive!
Glad you enjoyed our rooms and the breakfast and great to hear you are coming back to our
beautiful capital and Hotel Skeppsholmen.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

This hotel is in an ideal location: close to the city but on a park like island. The rooms are minimal but comfortable and clean. The breakfast is also quiet good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.
Best from Stockholm,