“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #2 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Griesheim, Hessen, Germany
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed at the Skeppsholmen for the second time, and we were just as delighted as the first time.

The hotel rooms are very nice. They have a good design, wooden floor, simple but stylish interior, and a very nice bathroom with a big shower. The design is clean and with no clutter, yet warm. I love it this way. Cleanliness was spotless.

The hotel has a wonderful terrace to dine, drink a beer, sit around, watch the harbour, or have your breakfast. Lovely.

Inside, the dining rooms is also very nice. We like to hang around here and play a few board games. Which is fine with the staff, and we get served good wine and snacks.

Breakfast is also very good.

The service is perfect and nice. I asked for a good sushi - they recommended a place and booked the table. (The place was indeed good.) I also asked for a fitness room. Since they only have a mini-gym, they have a contract with a local fitness center, which I could use for free. They called ahead and when I arrived at the gym, they showed me around. I liked this, because I got to train in a real large gym instead of using a small hotel one. Though I needed to walk there (10 min), this was a good deal for me.

The location of the hotel itself is also wonderful. It is on an island itself, with the museum of modern art just next to it. You can spent your day just on this island. Or walk around in the evening, which we did quite often.

Because of everything I would recommend this hotel highly. It is our first pick in Stockholm.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely on e to receive.
Very glad to read this was your second stay and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very happy to have this amazing terrace and garden in front of the hotel and still be in the city center.
Be assure I will inform my team about your kind words about them.

Best and I hope you will come back for a third stay!
Joachim Olausson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I thought this hotel was a little expensive but my wife says its very reasonable by Stockholm standards... I'll defer to her!
The location is fantastic; a peaceful island just a few minutes walk from the centre of the city. The hotel is a beautifully renovated old navy building with lots of historic charm yet very stylish.
The rooms are comfortable and the shower reminded me of a mountain hot spring waterfall. I could not get used to the 'interesting' rock shaped 'inverted' water basin... but I guess it is stylish. Mind you you cannot use it to quickly rinsing of your clothes.
Staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is wonderful.
Try it, I'm sure you will enjoy the experience.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this nice review and I am very glad you enjoyed everything from our location, amazing historical buildings from 1699 our breakfast to the service from my team.
I am glad your wife convinced you to stay with us!

Best,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Hotel Skeppsholmen is a peaceful oasis, nestled on its own small island in the middle of Stockholm harbour, yet just a 15 minute walk from the centre of town. Surrounded by water, a water view room is definitely worth the premium. Room decor is Scandinavian austere, but very comfortable. The bathroom has an effective shower, but the absence of a door means that water winds up everywhere.

The patio out front is a very pleasnt spot for breakfast, dinner or a drink.

Staff are generally friendly and accomodating, esp. the younger people, who also tend to have a better command of English.

The buffet breakfast is extensive, and very good; given the generally high price of all meals in Stockholm, purchasing the breakfast with the room is quite cost effective.

Both the Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of Architecture are on a hill behind the hotel.

A day pass on the Hop on, hop off ferry allows one to use the tour boat as a commuter service, as the dock is right beside the hotel.

We have been in many 4 and 5 star hotels in Canada, the US, Bermuda, the Caribbean, UK and Europe, and while Skeppsholmen would not be mistaken for a 5 star, it was a unique amd wonderful hotel experience, which we highly recommend.

We'll go back.

Room Tip: choose 3rd floor ( the top ), with a water view. This will put you in the tree tops with great views...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this nice review.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
Yes the interior is Scandinavian and it’s a nice contrast to these historical buildings from 1699.
I can agree regarding the bath room door and we are working on that.
Glad to hear you will come back!

Best from a sunny Stockholm,
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Worth every penny.

Great location. Great service. Elegant rooms.

I will return.

And as we were checking out a couple celebrating their 42 nd wedding anniversary were checking in. Good choice.

The bath products are top of line, Swedish as are all the design furnishings.

The garden out front makes you feel like your sitting out in the countryside, not in the heart of a city. Very tranquil.

Dear Guest,
What a lovely lovely review to receive.
Great to read you enjoyed our rooms, our bath products to our garden and I agree it feels like we are in the country and not on this lush island in the city centre.

Best and I hope you will come back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

A weekend in Stockholm was a 60th birthday treat at the end of June. I couldn't have hoped for a better city location in which to celebrate with my daughters. We arrived in bright sunshine and guests were sitting in the lovely hotel garden (plenty of chairs and deckchairs) overlooking the water. Our room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. The breakfast was really great, as were the other meals taken there. Nearby are art galleries, opportunities for guided bike rides, and plenty of interesting boats to take a look around. We had a wonderfully relaxed stay here. Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and what a nice one to receive.
Very happy you choose us to celebrate your 60yh birthday and glad to read that the sunshine was bright when you arrived.
Glad you enjoyed everything from our rooms, our amazing garden to our breakfast and restaurant.
Be assure I will inform my team about your kind words about them.

Best and I hope you will choose us the next time you will celebrate your birthday.
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was our second visit to the hotel. The first time in 2010 was so wonderful that we could not wait to come back. We had 2 deluxe sea view rooms for 3 nights. The rooms had beautiful views of the gardens and water front and were spacious, comfortable and very clean. We enjoyed the bountiful and delicious Scandinavian breakfast in the lovely dining room and patio. Cocktails on the patio and dinner in the restaurant were outstanding. The front desk and restaurant staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. The hotel is centrally located but being on a small island it feels as if you are not in a major city. We were able to walk or take the water taxi to all major sites. It is a short (1.2mile), scenic walk from Central Station. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view-well worth it!
1 Thank Pollybelle
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review and great to read this was your second stay with us.
Glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms to our Scandinavian breakfast buffet.
Also very glad to read your kind words about my team.

Best from a sunny Stockholm,
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend. Our room was upgraded on arrival and it was lovely. Very spacious, modern and a typically scandanavian feel to it. Location was great, staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent! Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for this lovely review!
Glad you enjoyed our Scandinavian interior to our breakfast.

Best and please come back soon!