Hotel Skeppsholmen
US$157
US$164
  • Pool
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Birger Jarl(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$143
Lydmar Hotel(Stockholm)
US$480
US$465
1,395 results
All reviewssmall islandskeppsholmen islandquiet islandmuseum of modern artmilitary barracksferry stopsea view roommoderna museetgamla stanbathroom sinkswedish designold towncity centrevasa museumdesign hotellovely hoteloverlooking the water
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Skeppholmen, we had a beautiful room on the 3rd floor with a great view overlooking the water. All the staff were so friendly and helpful, the food was great and the location was fantastically quiet - really enjoyed taking the ferry to Slussen.
This is an amazing hotel, I would happily stay again and again. I had the best 2 nights sleep in years, I didn't want to leave...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MattRyalls
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review.
My team and I are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I agree! We are very lucky to be located on this green island in the city centre.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our Eco Labeled hotel next time you visit Stockholm.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

It simply doesn't get any better! This hotel is managed so well and creates a welcoming vibe to a magical location in the Sweden's capital. The buffet breakfast is fantastic. The employees very kind and helpful. A restored historical building which is testament to modern Sweden. There simply no better choice.

Room Tip: Water views are exceptional on upper floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
Very glad to read you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, our historical buildings from 1699 with our Scandinavian interior to the service from my team.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Best,

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Very nice location just by the water, near Moderna museet; the charm of the building from 1699 is definite; the restaurant is good, the staff is excellent. The only minus point is that the sliding translucent glass door to the bathroom leaves a 2-3 cm gap from the wall when it is closed. Maybe that point could be improved on?

Room Tip: Best on the South side towards the water.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas23si
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
My team and I are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will look in to the bathroom door.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our Eco Labeled Hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I guess overall the hotel was good, it was immaculately clean ( as you would expect a recently refurbished hotel to be), spartanly furnished ( ok in the modernistic sense) and the majority of staff very pleasant. A couple of things to be wary of depending on the type of stay you seek. It is situated on the small Island Skeppsholmen!! (Surprise surprise)and is a decent walk to the main drag, including restaurants and shops, which during the day is fine but heading out of an evening ( we were here in late Winter/early Spring) either required a hardy soul or deep pockets for a taxi ( which are ridiculously expensive, and we live in London!!!)
The thing I loved about the hotel was its dining room, which reminded me of a big country house, and the breakfasts were really good.

The dinner menu.... Very limited and very expensive, and if you don't feel like walking back into town you become somewhat of a captive. On our last night we asked whether we could access the room service menu and were very directly told it wasn't available until 10pm, given that there were only 2 other people in the restaurant I would have thought they would have fallen over themselves to help!!! When finally the time came for 'the night menu' I was told the dish I wanted ( spaghetti bol...was sick of Scandinavian after 2 weeks) was no longer 'on the menu' and couldn't be served.... I was very grumpy, especially after the menu was advertised in the rooms, and we'd spent a considerable sum at the bar before hand.

Next lap we would stay closer to the main city to avoid this difficultly,.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gina J
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Glad to read you enjoyed our Scandinavian interior by Claesson Koivisto Rune, the service from my team to our complimentary breakfast buffet.
We are changing our restaurant menu every week and we are buying most of our meat, vegetables etc. from our local farmers, sorry to read you felt our menu to be limited and expensive.
Sorry for the misunderstanding with the room service menu.

I agree! Taxis in Sweden are expensive if you compare for examples to London therefore we are lucky to have the bus 65 that stops just outside the hotel and the charming ferry that's also stops just next to the hotel and runs 7 days a week all year around. During spring and summer your have the " Stockholm bikes" you can rent at our Front Desk and the stand is just next to the hotel.

Personally I think the charm with Stockholm is that the city is not a big one and its a perfect city to explore by walking and all the sights are around 10 - 20 minutes walk from wherever you stay in our capital.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our Eco Labeled Hotel next time you visit Stockholm.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just returned from a very enjoyable 3 night stay at this stylish hotel on a small island in the centre of Stockholm. Great location, with lovely views across to Gamla Stan and Djurgarden. Very close to the modern art museum, 10 minute walk to Norrmalm and a 15 minute walk to the Royal Palace and the old town. The 65 bus leaves from outside the hotel every 20 minutes if you don't want to walk and there is a ferry to Djurgarden too. We found the hotel staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast, included in the overnight price, was excellent, with a wide range of food to choose from. We had dinner in the restaurant twice and both times the service, the quality of food and its presentation was excellent. Nice atmosphere, although the lighting was almost a little too subdued. Our room on the 3rd floor was beautifully clean and a very good size, with a Swedish designer feel. The 65 bus goes to and from the central station and is much, much cheaper than a taxi! We would definitely stay here again if we returned to Stockholm.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AHLS
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.

My team and I are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Very glad you had dinner in our Restaurant Långa Raden and if you come back during spring/summer season you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner on our terrace with stunning views over our garden and the sea.

Best from a sunny Stockholm,