“Returning customer”

Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Boras
“Returning customer”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was my second time staying at this place. I recently stayed there with my wife and this time I travelled alone. The front desk was very helpful and the Meatballs meal was amazing. Very full breakfast which is a plus for me as I travel a lot. Room was great as it was last time. Clean and comfy. Overall, I think this is a great place for family or solo. You feel very intimate there and honestly, a friendly staff is always what makes me want to return. Anyone who is looking for a home away from home, should definitely stay at Skeppsholmen Hotell.

Room Tip: Easy fairy access to town. Also a brief walk into town center. Go for a nice brisk walk around the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank shai d
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
My team and I are very pleased to read that this was your second stay with us.

Very glad that you enjoyed our famous meatballs and if you are coming back during spring and summer you will enjoy our complimentary breakfast on our terrace with great sea and garden views.

Best and we are looking forward to welcome you back for a third visit soon again.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
London, UK
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We had a lovely stay at Skeppsoholmen - breakfast was great, the room was nice and in general the service was very friendly and helpful. However, the reason I'm writing this review was our initial welcome at the Hotel. On arrival, we were told that as we were staying 3 days, we would find our "Standard room" very cramped. Not the nicest of starts - way to make you feel bad about what you could afford to pay at a nice hotel.

We were asked if we'd like to pay for an upgrade, which we turned down, as we had already stretched our budget to stay. We were then booked in, and the receptionist said that we had been upgraded anyway - all redeemed at this point!

The element that irked was when we then turned up to our room - which had a personal welcome card. Very nice. Except for the fact that we'd just been "upgraded". I would have been furious if we had in fact paid, as it was clear we were being asked to pay for an upgrade that we were going to be given regardless...

If you're going to play these games, at least be less obvious about it - or else you leave a slightly bitter taste to an otherwise lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ventimi
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from the room, our complimentary breakfast to the service from my team.

If have have larger rooms available we offer guests sometimes free upgrades and sometimes we ask if the our guests
want to pay for an upgrade, all depends
how fully booked the hotel are, what kind of rooms the guests has booked, how many nights they are staying etc.

In your case we had the pleasure to offer a complimentary upgrade to a higher room category, the upgrade my colleague asked you about was to a Deluxe Sea and Garden room, I am sorry if it wasn't clear.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit our capital.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I travelled to Stockholm in July 2013 and wanted to stay at Skeppsholmen but at the end I stayed at Nobis (no regret) but the curiousity for Skeppsholem was there. So I finally stayed there for 2 nights. I travelled with good friend of mine so I had the possibility to opt for larger room. I absolutely recommend this hotel and I will for sure be back whenever I will be in Stockholm again. The rooms was very clean !, a nice touch was to get complimentary almonds on the table and a welcome card from the managing director ! Living for years in Norway I do love the scandinavians design and the purity of the lines so this hotel is all about that. The breakfast was the best breakfast I ever have eaten in any hotel around the world !!!! The hotel is easy walk from central station but you need to have like 20-30 minutes with easy walk. The surroundings are perfect, I was there in February but I can imagine that in summer time is even better. The only one thing which could have been better (however this is not to criticise) is that we ordered the late check out at 14.00 which was ok by the reception (staff nice) but when we returned to the hotel at 13.50 the cards were not working anymore, it was quickly solved by the reception. Even with the February weather the stay was really very good. Stay at this hotel if you can ! Its worth it !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.

My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I agree! Our complimentary breakfast buffet is a keeper!

As picturesque our island in the city centre is during winter season it's a stunning period we have in front of us with spring and summer coming and our location next to the water is quite magical. With our terrace and gardens it's almost like you are in the country/archipelago but you really are in the city.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from Hotel Skeppsholmen two days ago and can't wait to return! This 81 room hotel is in a beautiful location and walking distance (over a short bridge) to town. Our experience was perfect...the staff was so welcoming and kind, food delicious, rooms very clean and comfortable, dining area looking over the bay and parks....I could go on and on.
There is no question we would stay her again. So quiet at night and lovely views. The island has a few museums and cultural exhibits, cafés.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EdDawn
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very lucky to be situated on this amazing island and still in the city centre.

Since you now have experienced us during winter we would love to welcome you back during spring and summer and then you will enjoy your breakfast, lunch and dinner on our terrace with stunning views over our gardens and the sea.

Best,

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week in August. Hotel Skeppsholmen is in a great location, tucked away from the tourists and hotels along the water, but only a 5 minute walk off of the island into the city. The island has an art museum and other interesting things worth exploring on the island.

We were warmly welcomed and upon entering the spacious room, enjoyed the complimentary water and caramels. Many nice touches like this are throughout the hotel.

Staff was very helpful. The gave us ideas for day itineraries and helped us to set them up.

The breakfast was outstanding: fresh juices, lox, coffee, cheeses, bread, eggs, jams, etc.,. After we left Stockholm, we missed the breakfast and hotel.

Very convenient to get a taxi from here to airport as well. Staff was great in securing this.

Would love to stay here again when we return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaraParent
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this lovely review.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from our stunning location on this lush island in the city centre, our rooms with Scandinavian interior to our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Extra glad to read your comments about the service from my team.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our Eco labeled hotel next time you visit our capital.

Best from a snowy Stockholm,

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Loved the interior and what a great job they have done of the restoration of the old naval barracks. Lots of character with a very Swedish feel. The bar and restaurant is obviously popular with local people and businesses and there was always a great buzz around the hotel.
Breakfast was superb and staff efficient and friendly.
Rooms stylish, spacious, comfortable and cosy even in January blizzards!
Just be patient with the shower but hot water comes eventually!
Loved the location as it is just outside the central city areas but really close to all attractions by foot or ferry.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

Very glad to read you enjoyed everything from our historical buildings from 1699, our Scandinavian interior, our complimentary breakfast to our stunning location on this island in the city center.

Extra glad to read your comments about my team.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Myself and my Girlfriend stayed in Stockholm over Christmas and were fortunate to stay overnight at Skeppsholmen on Boxing day. Much has been said about the location, the design, the food and the staff.......all of which I thoroughly endorse. Unfortunately it was only a short visit and we couldn't stay longer.

We enjoyed a fantastic meal in the evening (the staff got the balance spot on of being attentive, but not too intrusive). We then enjoyed a walk around the island and the fantastic reflections of the Stockholm lights on the water and then after a few 'festive' libations retired to our fantastic room (no 232).

Thank you very much Hotel Skeppsholmen

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Guest,

My team and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and very glad you to read that you had a fantastic meal in our restaurant Långa Raden.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit Stockholm,

Best,