“Skeppsholmen Hotel : the perfect place in Stockholm”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Skeppsholmen

Hotel Skeppsholmen
Ranked #3 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Montreal, Canada
“Skeppsholmen Hotel : the perfect place in Stockholm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was at the Skeppsholmen (located on the island of the same name) for 4 nights just a few days ago. If your looking for peace, quitness, cleanliness and a utterly professional staff, look no further! My experience there was amazing. Surroundings I can't begin to describe; nice and comfortable room (Scandinavian minimalist yet fonctionnal style); delicious all you can eat breakfasts (exquisite smoked salmon!!); located within a 2 min. walk from the Museet of Modern Art and within 10 minutes by car from the Central Station, this hotel was a true heaven every time I was back from a long day walk in the City.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Christian S
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review!

Very glad to read that you enjoyed our stunning location, our Scandinavian interior by Claesson Koivisto Rune to our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Extra glad to read your kind words about my team.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our Eco Labeled hotel.

Best,

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Staying at the Skeppsholmen is like taking a trip to your gramas country house. You will be welcomed with love, fed with the best food and sleep with ease. While minutes from the city center, the hotel is nestled in the middle of nature paradise. Even after a day of meetings, you can relax and feel at home here. The best part of my experience is the staff and the hotels Managing Director, Joachim. They are exceptionally warm consistent and will go out of their way to get you whatever you may need...(at whatever hour). Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MaConnects
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I agree! We are very lucky to be situated on this green island and still in the city centre.

Extra glad to read your comments about our service and my team, be assure I will inform them.

Best,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Excellent all round hotel at a good price. The sinks are a little weird/impractical in the bathroom, but generally speaking, a good choice in Stockholm. Great quality bed. Close to nearby museum and lots of nearby restaurants and bars.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neox100
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this review.

My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are very lucky to amazing museums like the Modern Museum and the Vasa among others just around the corner.

I agree! Our famous sinks are stylish for the eye but not the most practical...

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Best from a sunny Stockholm,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We love this delightful hotel, 8 minutes walking from the center. Staff is friendly and very helpful and can be asked for great tips in the area. The building is gorgeous and completely modernized.
The bed is a bit small for two (140 cm). Dinner here is highly recommendable, requests for smaller portions or items not on the menu were not a problem.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NickfromHolland
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed our historical buildings from 1699, the service from my team and our Restaurant Långa Raden.

Our smallest room category have 1.40 bed and the middle and higher room category's have regular queen and king sizes beds.

My team and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit Stockholm,

Best from a sunny Stockholm,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

What a fabulous hotel this is. Situated in an old naval barracks this hotel has been beautifully created from an historic past. We had a spacious room to share with two small children who had a whale of a time - though this could be something to do with the permanent bowl of boiled sweets at reception! Staff were delightful and went out of their way to help. Whilst our children were made to feel very welcome there is little specifically for kids on the menus and the overall ambience is that it is a hotel for grown ups. Having said that the ferry crossing makes Junibacken , Vasa and Skansen very amenable and I would have no hesitation bringing them back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Escoces
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.

Very glad to read you enjoyed our historical buildings from 1699, our location with amazing attractions just round the corner.
Extra glad to read your comments about my team, be assure I will inform them.

Everything on our menu can be order as half portions to kids, but your comments has been taken and we will certainly look in it and have some more "kids" friendly dishes on the menu.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back soon again.

Boras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was my second time staying at this place. I recently stayed there with my wife and this time I travelled alone. The front desk was very helpful and the Meatballs meal was amazing. Very full breakfast which is a plus for me as I travel a lot. Room was great as it was last time. Clean and comfy. Overall, I think this is a great place for family or solo. You feel very intimate there and honestly, a friendly staff is always what makes me want to return. Anyone who is looking for a home away from home, should definitely stay at Skeppsholmen Hotell.

Room Tip: Easy fairy access to town. Also a brief walk into town center. Go for a nice brisk walk around the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank shai d
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
My team and I are very pleased to read that this was your second stay with us.

Very glad that you enjoyed our famous meatballs and if you are coming back during spring and summer you will enjoy our complimentary breakfast on our terrace with great sea and garden views.

Best and we are looking forward to welcome you back for a third visit soon again.

London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We had a lovely stay at Skeppsoholmen - breakfast was great, the room was nice and in general the service was very friendly and helpful. However, the reason I'm writing this review was our initial welcome at the Hotel. On arrival, we were told that as we were staying 3 days, we would find our "Standard room" very cramped. Not the nicest of starts - way to make you feel bad about what you could afford to pay at a nice hotel.

We were asked if we'd like to pay for an upgrade, which we turned down, as we had already stretched our budget to stay. We were then booked in, and the receptionist said that we had been upgraded anyway - all redeemed at this point!

The element that irked was when we then turned up to our room - which had a personal welcome card. Very nice. Except for the fact that we'd just been "upgraded". I would have been furious if we had in fact paid, as it was clear we were being asked to pay for an upgrade that we were going to be given regardless...

If you're going to play these games, at least be less obvious about it - or else you leave a slightly bitter taste to an otherwise lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ventimi
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from the room, our complimentary breakfast to the service from my team.

If have have larger rooms available we offer guests sometimes free upgrades and sometimes we ask if the our guests
want to pay for an upgrade, all depends
how fully booked the hotel are, what kind of rooms the guests has booked, how many nights they are staying etc.

In your case we had the pleasure to offer a complimentary upgrade to a higher room category, the upgrade my colleague asked you about was to a Deluxe Sea and Garden room, I am sorry if it wasn't clear.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit our capital.