“Superb Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Melbourne, Australia
“Superb Hotel”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel should be a benchmark for all hotels. The rooms are roomy, cosy, very stylish, reasonably priced, good breakfast and restaurant, good views, free and fast wifi, friendly staff and very well located. I booked this hotel on the basis of Tripadvisor ratings and was not disappointed, In fact it was so pleasant I extended the stay by a few days.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank icepick48
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and extra glad to read your kind words about my team.
Be assure I will inform them.

I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our Eco labeled hotel.

Best from Stockholm where spring has arrived.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
rubycheaks
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This is such a fantastic hotel. We stayed in Stockholm for two nights in march and were delighted we chose this hotel. The room was simple and stylish, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the food in the hotel was top quality. Only a short walk into the beautiful city of Stockholm. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rubycheaks
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 30 March 2014

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from our stunning location on this green island and still in the city centre, the service from my team, our Scandinavian interior by Swedish interiors Claesson Koivisto Rune to our Restaurant Långa Raden and our Swedish kitchen.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our Eco labeled hotel next time you visit our capital.

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 24 March 2014

... and I guess one of Stockholms best hotels. We stayed there for 3 nights after our ski vacation in Riksgränsen. Everything went out perfekt. A warm welcome with a little gift for our little boy (signed personally by Joachim - the hotel manager). Very friendly and helpful stuff! The restaurant is serves good food and the breakfast is great. Absolut recommendable for a central but quiet stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael P
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 25 March 2014

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you also enjoyed our restaurant and our Swedish kitchen.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again and if you come during spring/summer you will have our complimentary breakfast on our terrace with stunning views over our garden and the sea.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was at the Skeppsholmen (located on the island of the same name) for 4 nights just a few days ago. If your looking for peace, quitness, cleanliness and a utterly professional staff, look no further! My experience there was amazing. Surroundings I can't begin to describe; nice and comfortable room (Scandinavian minimalist yet fonctionnal style); delicious all you can eat breakfasts (exquisite smoked salmon!!); located within a 2 min. walk from the Museet of Modern Art and within 10 minutes by car from the Central Station, this hotel was a true heaven every time I was back from a long day walk in the City.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Christian S
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review!

Very glad to read that you enjoyed our stunning location, our Scandinavian interior by Claesson Koivisto Rune to our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Extra glad to read your kind words about my team.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our Eco Labeled hotel.

New York
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Staying at the Skeppsholmen is like taking a trip to your gramas country house. You will be welcomed with love, fed with the best food and sleep with ease. While minutes from the city center, the hotel is nestled in the middle of nature paradise. Even after a day of meetings, you can relax and feel at home here. The best part of my experience is the staff and the hotels Managing Director, Joachim. They are exceptionally warm consistent and will go out of their way to get you whatever you may need...(at whatever hour). Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MaConnects
Dear Guest,

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I agree! We are very lucky to be situated on this green island and still in the city centre.

Extra glad to read your comments about our service and my team, be assure I will inform them.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit our capital.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Excellent all round hotel at a good price. The sinks are a little weird/impractical in the bathroom, but generally speaking, a good choice in Stockholm. Great quality bed. Close to nearby museum and lots of nearby restaurants and bars.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neox100
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this review.

My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are very lucky to amazing museums like the Modern Museum and the Vasa among others just around the corner.

I agree! Our famous sinks are stylish for the eye but not the most practical...

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We love this delightful hotel, 8 minutes walking from the center. Staff is friendly and very helpful and can be asked for great tips in the area. The building is gorgeous and completely modernized.
The bed is a bit small for two (140 cm). Dinner here is highly recommendable, requests for smaller portions or items not on the menu were not a problem.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NickfromHolland

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed our historical buildings from 1699, the service from my team and our Restaurant Långa Raden.

Our smallest room category have 1.40 bed and the middle and higher room category's have regular queen and king sizes beds.

My team and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit Stockholm,