“Great stay! ”

Hotel Skeppsholmen
Ranked #2 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
“Great stay! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in the beginning of June. The hotel is in a quite location very close to the city. The city is easy to get to by bus (number 65) or by foot. The rooms are small but nice and clean. We did enjoy the breakfast very much and the breakfast attendant was polite and helpful. Only negative about this hotel is that the fitness room is VERY small. We will definitely stay here next time we visit Stockholm which we discovered is a fantastic city with lots of interesting history.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this nice review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Yes our mini gym is not large but we also work with gym and fitness centres in the city.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We visited the hotel in early spring, and found it very quiet and peaceful, but still close to most of Central Stockholm. Recommend use of the boats cris-crossing the Harbor they get you where you want to og in no time.
The Place got a bit of a hum in the weekend, with a lot of famillies strolling Skeppsholmen and stoppping for a cofffe.
I liked the design of the rooms and simple and minimalistic interiors, both a contrast to the old military buildings as well as a continuation of the military history. Be aware, though, that the low buildings may require a bit of a walk to get to the rooms.

The staff was friendly and very helpful with everything we asked for, and contributed to very Nice stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with is and extra glad to read your comments about my team.
Be assure I will inform them.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is not a hotel for someone who wants "plush" or to be pampered in grand style. HOWEVER, it offers a different kind of luxury: a water-side retreat with lush gardens tucked into a semi-private island within easy walking distance to all that Stockholm has to offer. Nothing like it elsewhere in the city, Skeppsholmen is an adult-oriented oasis reached by bridge (both vehicular and pedestrian) or boat and is perfect for someone who likes a bit of remove at the end of a long day. Drinks in the garden sunset water-front views are a must-do. Several of Stockholm's best museums are actually on the island with you. Rooms are a tad austere (monastic perhaps?) though the basic necessities are there including a killer shower. The Swedes really knows from hot water. The breakfast buffet included with your room is sumptuous with a wide variety of offerings from eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, cheese, pate, croissant, breakfast cakes, focaccia, artisanal breads, teas, coffees, and fresh juices. This rough description doesn't do justice, though, to the high quality of each individual ingredient. Other meals at the hotel are also worth the money -- particularly the excellent shrimp salad -- if staying in is your thing. The young staff is helpful, efficient, knowledgeable, multi-lingual and charming.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor water view room in the "second" building. The main building houses th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alfadog
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing this review and what a great one to receive.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from our location, our complimentary breakfast buffet to the service from my team.

I agree! It's quite spectacular to sit in one of our sun chairs in our garden with view of the sea, it feels like you are in the archipelago but you are in the city centre.

Very pleased to read that you enjoyed our restaurant Långa Raden, we are very proud to have Magnus Johansson as our Head Chef and the Swedish cuisine he serves.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our Eco labeled hotel next time you visit Stockholm.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Firstly I have to say what an unusual and yet beautiful hotel steeped in history. Formerly a naval barracks this hotel has been magically transformed into a top class boutique hotel and somehow managing to keep some of that historic charm. Its ideally located for the local museums (The Vasa museum is not to be missed!) and walking distance to the local shops and boat ferries. The two mainline stations are a bit of a walk though, so get a taxi.

I stayed at the Skeppholmen back in October 2013 as part of a business trip. Unfortunately my passport was mislaid so had an accidental extra three nights in the hotel. It was certainly no hardship. The rooms are finished to a high standard, albeit a little small but by no means cramped. Modern decor and a lovely shower. Breakfast is a typical Swedish affair with a variety of fish, cold meats and cheeses on offer with fresh bread and huge range of teas and a fresh coffee machine. You wont be disappointed with the spread.

The hotel were really understanding when I mentioned about my mislaid passport and gave me a riverside view, which is stunning during the day. The manager on duty Carl Chapal was an absolute star, providing a complimentary pair of socks and underwear (which they handily sell in the room if you're caught short) to get me started and extended the rate I had got through AMEX over the weekend.

I would without hesitation be staying at the Skeppsholmen again. Sadly my last visit out to Sweden another hotel was booked for me, and I found myself wishing I'd cancelled and stayed here again.

Thanks again to Carl and the team for making me feel so at home. Its the little things that make a big difference.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside view. You wont regret it. May be worth paying a little extra for the privilege.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this review and what a lovely one to receive.
Much appreciated that you took the time to write this one though it was a while ago you stayed with us.

Very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and extra glad to read your comments about my team, be assure I will inform them.

Also glad that you enjoyed our popular complimentary breakfast buffet.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit our capital.

Best from a sunny Stockholm,

miami beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A short walk through Stockholm brought us to Skeppsholmen Island. Walking over the little bridge, we found a tranquil island of parks, fantastic boats, historic places. The Hotel was a treasure. The building is very historic but the interiors are beautifully designed modern style (the bathroom sink was pretty funny), in the middle of a beautiful waterfront garden. I could write a whole paragraph about the breakfast, which was amazing.

The rooms, as mentioned by others, are small. But we were very comfortable. The hotel has various amenities including tennis courts and a business center. We didn't use any of them so I can't comment on those.

Skeppsholmen Island was such a treasure - easy to reach the rest of Stockholm via convenient bike rental and ferry, or walking (taxis are crazy expensive). But we almost didn't want to leave. The island is really special, and home to several lovely museums and lots of wooden and historic boats. Plus another little island connected by footbridge.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from our stunning location, our historical buildings from 1699, our Swedish interior to our complimentary breakfast buffet and I agree! it's quite wonderful to start your morning with breakfast on our terrace with view over our garden and the sea.

My team and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Skeppsholmen last week and had a great 3 days which did not feel at all like work even though it was.

The location is perfect, especially if you are a runner, which I am , as you can run around the city and connect to a couple of the islands connecting exercise with discovering the city.

I was lucky because the weather was fantastic so the views from the island the hotel is on were wonderful as you look back at Stockholm architecture. There is also a design and architecture museum on the small island only about 5 min walk away.

The hotel was very nicely decorated and very clean, I had a good sized room with plenty of space , room 254, but I did notice that some of the others were smaller, though still as well decorated and clean.

The staff, though initially not very smiley, were extremely helpful when you asked them for anything so don't be put off by the seemingly transparent initial meeting. I could not have found them more helpful.

The food at lunch and breakfast were excellent, I did not actually eatthere for dinner but the hotel restaurant was very busy so I anticipate the excellent food carried on throughout all meals.

There were also very good rooms for business meetings, just across from the hotel, that are great for creating the right setting.

Only downside was that the gym was very small so when the weather is not so good I imagine it maybe slightly frustrating if you want a good workout and the gym is full.

Room Tip: Room 254 was great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the this review and what a lovely one to receive.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from our location, our Swedish interior, our complimentary breakfast buffet to the service from my team.

Yes Stockholm with its 14 islands are great if you are a runner! Stockholm marathon is actually this Saturday.

My team and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our Eco labeled hotel.

Sant Cugat del Valles, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is an excellent place to stay if you want to stay in the middle of the city but with the charm of the archipielago. The rooms are cosy, though small, the personel are nice, particularly in the restaurant where the food is very good.
I llitle bit too pricey for the room standard but worth it when considering that you have access to one of the most delicious iand quite islands of Stockholm
I have been now 4 times in this hotel for both pleasure and business and I will be back

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice, but in sommar the rooms looking at the lake are less quite than the ones...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
My team and I are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Extra glad to read that it was your fourth stay with us.

Yes we are very glad to be situated on this green island but still in the city centre.

Best and we are looking forward to welcome you back to your fifth stay with us.