“Wonderful Hotel and Great Location”
Review of Hotel Skeppsholmen

Hotel Skeppsholmen
Ranked #3 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We spent three days here before departing on our Baltic Cruise. It was a great experience and perfect hotel. The breakfast was included with our room and was outstanding. The staff was very available and always helpful. Whenever they called a taxi for us, it came immediately which was appreciated. The hotel location is good and yet quiet and peaceful. Our room was comfortable and roomy. I definitely would stay here again and recommend it to others! Great choice!!!.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from a location, the service from my team to our popular complimentary breakfast buffet.

I hope you had a great Baltic cruise and we hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back if you will visit Stockholm in the future.

Best,

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Loved this hotel. It was quite different from my previous stay in Stockholm in Old Town. Hotel Skeppsholmen is a former naval barracks transformed into a top class boutique hotel. It is on the water front, really kind of a hideaway, just next to some of the cities best museums! About 10 minute walk to the city center. Rooms were modern a and quiet. The breakfast buffet is included with your room and offers an array of morning cakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, cheese, pate, croissant, breads, teas, coffees, and fresh juices. Really enjoyed the stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and what a great one to receive.

My team and I are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and O am very pleased that you enjoyed our popular complimentary breakfast buffet.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our Eco labeled hotel.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is located on an island about a short mile walk across a bridge to the Grand Hotel and the Old City, Gamla Stan. Completely modernized rooms in a former Naval barracks. Beautiful bathrooms and a fantastic shower. A staff that is completely focused on customer service and a location that is a little bit of paradise. Great outdoor dining location for breakfast through to a evening night cap! I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Third Floor rooms are great!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and extra glad to read your comments about my team!
Be assure they have read your review.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit Stockholm.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have stayed several times on business in Stockholm, and have come to prefer this lovely, peaceful hotel on Skeppsholmen (Ship's Isle) next to the Old Town. It is not like any other hotel you will stay in. It's only three stories for a start - a long low building that is a recently restored navy dormitory. The rooms are all different sizes, and its worth trying to get a larger one. I managed to get a room in the attic on the third floor, and its was exceptional. The beds was very comfortable, the furniture and fittings were modern (in a Swedish style) and of good quality. The bathroom was extremely modern, but (like most of the hotel) somewhat eccentric. I had a superb and tranquil breakfast in the rambling restaurant, which also extends outside in good weather. The best thing about the hotel, though, is its location on an island in the harbour. It is a quiet and relaxing spot, away from busy roads, but still very central.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the sea, preferably on the third floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are very lucky that the Swedish government who are the owners of our historical buildings from 1699 let us open up this Swedish lifestyle Eco labeled hotel 4 1/2 years ago.
I agree our stunning location is quite magical.

Best from Stockholm who celebrates Midsummers eve.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel Skeppsholmen is in a very pleasant location and is also convenient to the rest of the city. A bus stop 2 minutes from the hotel arrives at Central Station in 10 to 15 minutes. My wife and I stayed here for five nights in June of 2014. We had a large, second floor room facing the water which was peaceful and completely free of any city sounds, allowing us to sleep with the windows open. The room itself was quite comfortable, with a good shower, and the sink, designed like water from the faucet pouring on a stone, was an interesting design touch and not problematic. We had a couple minor issues- only one towel was left one morning by a distracted housekeeper, the room phone was not functioning when I expected a business call from the U.S.- but the staff were very pleasant and helpful and responded quickly. I am not an enthusiast of buffet breakfasts, but the selection at the hotel was fine and better than many. We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Skeppsholmen and can recommend it highly.

Room Tip: A room facing the water would be highly preferable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely review to receive.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from our rooms, the service from my team to our popular complimentary breakfast buffet.
I hope you tried the salmon which is my favourite.

I hope you enjoyed our capital and we hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the hotel with my partner for 3 nights:
- Location: wonderful, being on an island within an easy ferry ride to the museums at Djurgarten and with in walking distance to the Royal Palace, Royal Armoury and the beautiful City Hall.
- Room: as the hotel is a listed property, the amount of renovations allowed were limited, but to my tatse very well done in a modern Swedish way with a big, comfy bed in a large, quiet, warm room with excellent modern bathroom and shower.
- Service: I cannot rave enough about the service we received at this hotel by the intelligent, helpful and young staff and especially from Martin Gunnarsson & Rebecca af Petersens! Just outstanding!
- Food: hearty, unpretenscious, very good, tasty Swedish fare made form the best and freshest ingredients for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Room Tip: Ask the reception staff for the best available room. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive!

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!
It's been a challenge to convert these historical buildings from 1699 to a hotel and I am very pleased to read that you liked our Swedish interior by renowned Swedish architect and interior firm Claesson Koivisto Rune.

It's always a great pleasure to read nice comments about my team, be assure that they have read your review and are very glad and proud.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our Eco labeled hotel next time you visit Stockholm.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Location is of course a great thing and the morning walk was excellent. But the room? Small bed with not enough room for 2. One blanket! A bathroom that made you laugh because the design was just stupid (but modern). I would say this is not a hotel, rather a pretty modern hostel. And the breakfast might me OK for meateaters but there was hardly no alternatives for vegetarians or vegans, not even when asked for. Which made me feel that the hotel was not up to date. I mean vegetarians and vegans are quiete common these days. I got the feeling that the owner and the staff are a little bit too comfortable with relying on the location. They should concentrate a little bit more on the room and the guests. With the prices they charge you expect so much more. Leaving the hotel we passed the Af Chapman boat hostel and we regretted our choise. Don't let the positive reviews here fool you. The hotel is quite far from being worth what they charge.

1  Thank Kent50
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, feedback is always important to us.

I am sorry to read you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I can see that you stayed in our smallest room category, our higher room categories have queen or twin beds.

We know we are quite different to other hotels, we are housing in historical buildings from 1699 which are owned and extremely listed by the Swedish Government. Our " luxury" is our stunning location, our amazing historical buildings, our Swedish concept, our breakfast buffet is complimentary to that we are a Eco Labeled hotel.

I hope you enjoyed our stunning capital.

Best,