“Resort Feeling - Downtown Location”
Review of Hotel Skeppsholmen

Hotel Skeppsholmen
Ranked #3 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hotel Skeppsholmen is on a picturesque, quite island 500 meters from the heart of Stockholm. The highlight of our days in Stockholm was returning to the patio of Hotel Skeppsholmen with its 270 degree view of the waterfront for a glass of wine in the evenings. The buildings are historic, but the rooms are spacious and very modern. We did enjoy the Superior XL room, which was really like a one bedroom suite. A lovely breakfast is included with the room rate. When we return to Stockholm, we will definitely stay at Hotel Skeppsholmen again!

Room Tip: We chose a Superior XL room for the extra space and were delighted with the accommodations.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the " Resort feeling but still in the city centre"

I agree! It's quite stunning to sit in one of our sun chairs in our garden with its 270 degree of the waterfront and city of Stockholm.

Glad to read that you would like to return to us and we hope it will be soon!

Best from a sunny Stockholm,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Hotel has the feeling of a design hotel in the country side, but in the city centre.

While the building itself looks old, the design and interior are all nicely designed (minimalistic though), good quality facilities, and good breakfast buffet.

THe location is on a small island directly at the city centre and harbor in walking distance of all key sites in the city. The island itself makes this a laid back and quiet place, with great views and trees.

The service is efficient and thoughtful with a jung crew, however.

It is not really a business hotel. I could see that as a business travel a more chain like accommodation would be preferred. Yet the wind down opportunities here make even that great. 10 minutes drive from the central station.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this review and what a great one to receive.

My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and be assure they have read your kind comments about them.

We are very lucky that we were able to open up our hotel 4 1/2 years ago in these historical buildings on this lush green island but still in the city centre.

We hope to welcome you back soon again to our Eco labeled hotel.

Best from a sunny Stockholm,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Skeppsholmen Island is an amazing location in central Stockholm - a lovely park like setting just a short walk to Old Town and all the other touristy things you want to see. The hotel is wonderfully remodeled from a historic navel barracks. The rooms are smallish, but, as you would expect with Swedish design, amazingly well put together. No wasted space at all !!! And the windows open wide to the lovely park and harbor views outside. The restaurant is perfect for dinner. We ate 2 evenings on the patio (smaller and cheaper menu than the main restaurant) and we thought it was very good. And the breakfast that's included with the room price is outstanding. Tons of delicious options. Front desk service is efficient, but aloof.....which we found normal in Sweden. This place is reasonably priced in July and Aug. and I would pay the few extra dollars or euros for the superior park view rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Stockholm.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time timo write this lovely review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from our location, our historical buildings from 1699, our Swedish interior to our Restaurant Långa Raden and our terrace.
Also very pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet.

It's correct that us Swedes are known for being a little bit reserved but I am glad that you didn't mistake it for not being service minded.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our Eco labeled.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The position on the island is great, a ten minute walk into the main town. The staff were helpful, pleasant and friendly. Our room was a superior, comfortable, simple and efficient but not luxurious or particularly large. We were woken by deliveries early in the morning which was boring. Breakfast was excellent, fresh, locally sourced and interesting, take note large hotels. In the evening the dining room was charming to sit in and food excellent and good value. The bus/ water taxi stop is 100 metres away. Overall we enjoyed and would recommend it

Room Tip: Our room at the back was next to the early morning delivery door !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our complimentary popular breakfast buffet.
Extra glad to read your kind words about my team, be assure they have read your review.

I am really sorry that you were waken by the delivery, we certainly look in to that.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our Eco labeled hotel.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Skeppsholmen in Stockholm for 3 days and it was a wonderful experience. It is on a lovely island surrounded by water with easy access to the city and you can take a bus or ferry everywhere if you don't want to walk. The staff went above and beyond to answer my questions, make reservations for me and help with a taxi from the airport. The accommodations are sleek and simple but still quite elegant and comfortable. I had room 266 in the second building on the third floor was personally recommended by the staff. It was very quiet. In the summer, the sea view rooms are limited with view of the water because of trees but they are still lovely and sunny. I ate at the restaurant twice which was very good and they serve an elaborate breakfast. They even helped with a free ticket to the Museum of Modern Art on the island and helped me rent a bike. I truly can't say enough about this charming, unique, lovely hotel. I had wonderful weather which made my evening highlight sitting outside and having a drink while the sun set around 11 PM. A few food tips: the Museum of Modern Art has several good cafes, one with a lovely view, and there is ship that is a hostel but serves food and drinks for anyone and that is a fun place to visit just down from the hotel for great views of the city. My thanks to Joachim and his staff for making my first visit to Stockholm so memorable. Oh, and I didn't have a problem with the sink. I thought it was unique and clever.

Room Tip: I liked the second building on the third floor which was farther away from the restaurant and the am...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.
My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Very glad to read your comments about my team and great to read that you enjoyed our restaurant and our popular complimentary breakfast.

I agree! We are very lucky to have the amazing Modern Museum as our neighbour.

We hope to welcome you back soon again to Stockholm and our hotel.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is an old military faciltiy, built 1699. It is renovated very tastefully and the location is just fantastic with water all around you in a dead-end so no traffic etc. The food was very good, particularly the fish. What keeps this from becoming a five poiny score is the arrogance of the staff, at times they were borderline to rude. Very young nad 'brat' style.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank LG4KL
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

Feedback is always important to us.

As glad I am that you enjoyed our location, our historical buildings with our Swedish interior to our restaurant Långa Raden and the Swedish kitchen we serve, I am very concerned about your comments about our service.
The lack of service and also my colleagues not being friendly is absolutely unacceptable and be assure I have talking action about this.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again and then mail me personally on Joachim@hotelskeppsholmen.se and I will take care of your reservation.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We loved this hotel. We loved the design, the vibe, the rooms, the location, the amenities. The grounds are beautiful and the restaurant is great (we had breakfast and lunch, and enjoyed both). The decor was so cool!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jgrigs
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this great review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our interior design by award winning Swedish interiors and architect firm Claesson Koivisto Rune.

Their typical Swedish interior is a beautiful contrast to our historical buildings from 1699.