Hotel Skeppsholmen
US$277
US$168
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$165
US$120
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$141
  • Pool
Hilton Stockholm Slussen(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$150
  • Restaurant
Story Hotel Riddargatan(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$247
US$210
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Motel L Hammarby Sjostad(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$86
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
1,387 results
All reviewssmall islandskeppsholmen islandquiet islandmuseum of modern artmilitary barracksferry stopsea view roommoderna museetgamla stanbathroom sinkswedish designold towncity centrevasa museumdesign hotellovely hoteloverlooking the water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have been travelling lots professionally and also for my holidays, but Hotel Skeppsholmen is unique in many ways. The Location: when you arrive at Arlanda Train station in Stockholm, it is only short ride to to the island and you immediately feel the relaxation kicking in - treets, the waterfront, a tennis court and close by the art figures in front of the museum of modern Art. The Building: not one of these high rise, interchangeable template configured hotels, but a historic building that fits perfect in the landscape. The room: love them with an impeccable view to the waterfront, contemporary design. The Culinary experience: breakfast is one of my favourites on the terrace and first we decided to eat in the evenings in town, but ended up to enjoy the dinner every evening during our four days stay. Great chef and great team...we look forward to staying soon again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a wonderful one to receive.

My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Very pleased that you enjoyed our popular complimentary breakfast buffet and that you had dinners in our restaurant Långa Raden. We are very proud over our Head Chef Magnus Johansson and the Swedish cuisine he serves.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

• On an island that is centrally located and accessible by bus, ferry, taxi, bike or foot;
• An oasis with it's own cultural attractions such as the Modern Museum, Design and Architecture Museum, and the Prince Eugan House.
• Quiet, green, water within steps of the front door.
• Fabulous food, a wonderful breakfast included in the cost of the room; (they will give you plastic bags to take sandwiches for lunch);
• Responsive staff, ultra clean, comfortable, rooms, authentic atmosphere
• We were scheduled to stay only 2 nights intending to try another hotel in the city and we extended our stay 3 more nights. Could not have been happier.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms.. both were great.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and.

We are very lucky to have the Modern and the Architect Museums as our closest neighbours.

Also very pleased that you enjoyed the service from my team and our atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is an old military compound that was renovated and changed into a 4 star hotel. The location is excellent. If you get a room on the top floor (third) you will get a nice view of the archipelago and the city. Unfortunately the rooms (especially those on the third floor) are tiny and it is really difficult to fit in with luggages. We have rented a room with extra space and, nevertheless, could barely move inside. The breakfast is very good but the outside tables are taken very fast. Service is poor and you have to manage by yourself most of it. On the minus side: it is very expensive and 300 € per night for a double room are really not justified. You can reach the city center by walking for 20 min. Not far but not close either.

Room Tip: If you want more space do not go on a high floor. If you want a view go on a high floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gmmlcu
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed our location on this lush island and still in the city centre and our popular complimentary breakfast.

I am sorry that you felt that our rooms are on the smaller size, I am not sure which room category you stayed in but I expect it was one on the smaller sizes, we have 5 different room categories and the superior XL and Deluxe sea and garden view rooms are spacious and are located through out the hotel and on all floors.

I am sorry that you felt that the service in the breakfast / restaurant was poor, the concept is going in to our kitchen and help your self.

We are on the higher rate scale but please bear in mind that our rates are inclusive of VAT, service charges, wireless Internet and our popular breakfast buffet.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit our capital.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The island is beautiful. If you're looking for a location that's a little removed from the main areas of Stockholm, it's a great option. Not too far of a walk, though if it's late at night after a full day or site-seeing or eating/bar-hopping, it might be a little hike. We sometimes took taxis (which are extremely expensive). The island is an oasis of quiet, though Stockholm is generally a quiet town. The hotel is nice, but I wouldn't say it exudes luxury. We travel Europe a lot and love the Design Hotels chain, K&K chain, and Sofitel, so we have a lot to compare this hotel against. So it was a little bit of a disappointment compared to other Design Hotels properties we stayed at during this Europe trip. However we are fairly easy to please and I would say we would be ok with staying here again, but it wouldn't be tops on our list. We rented a Superior XL and upon arrival were put into a handicap room, which was a little odd since we didn't request one (bathroom was like being in a hospital bathroom). So we asked if there was any possibility for a change, and were placed into a different room, but I'm fairly confident it wasn't a Superior XL room. We compared it against the room our friends stayed in (which was the same type) and it was smaller. That was ok because we felt a little more comfortable than in the handicap room. The rooms are decent, high ceilings, somewhat narrow, but relatively nice inside (Scandinavian sparse). The bathrooms are modern, but just OK, not great. Not very good lighting and the sinks (as others have said) are ridiculous. Water splashes everywhere. Everyone in Stockholm seems to know about these sinks and laughs about them. Many local friends of friends asked us if we were enjoying them. The shower for us was a little small but good enough. The breakfast/bar area outside is the best feature of this hotel. It's just lovely and the food, drinks and service were great. The outdoor area really made our stay in this hotel agreeable. But the thing that was the most aggravating for us was the poor air-conditioning. It was hot in Stockholm in August and the air-conditioning never cooled us well. Our friends said the same thing. So we all kept the air-conditioning at the highest level and slept with the windows open too to get a breeze. It made for very difficult sleeping with sounds outside and LOTS of sun early in the morning. I wouldn't stay in this hotel in summer again because we didn't feel cool at night. We would consider it in the fall or winter. For the price of the hotel, I feel like you should be able to make the room as cool as you want and stay comfortable. That's what a luxury hotel is all about. So for the money I would suggest looking at alternatives before you book. We walked through some other hotels which looked very nice (The Grand for example is a tad closer to the city) and was very nice inside and cool. Seemed like the price was in line with this hotel's price. Bottom line is this hotel is only average when compared to others in the Design Hotels group. It's not a bad hotel by any means, but I would recommend looking carefully at your options.

1  Thank Robert_Chicago_60660
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Feedback is always important to us.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed our stunning location and our restaurant / terrace, we are very proud to have Magnus Johansson as our Head Chef and the Swedish kitchen he serves.

I am sorry to read that you had expected luxury hotel upon booking us, we are not a traditional luxury hotel, we are Swedish boutique style hotel and our "luxury" is our historical buildings from 1699, our location on this lush green island, our popular complimentary breakfast buffet, our Swedish interior by renowned architects Claesson Koivisto Rune to that we are a Eco labeled hotel.

I am sorry that you felt that our air condition didn't work to your satisfaction, we are one of the few hotels in Stockholm that has real air condition but this summer Stockholm has been having a heat wave and apparently it has been the warmest summer in 75 years.

We are on the higher rate scale but all our rates are inclusive of VAT, service charges, wireless Internet and our breakfast buffet.

I absolutely agree! Our famous basins are stylish but not practical! Style over function...

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you enjoyed our capital.

Best,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

To find an island in the middle of a city, with the perfect balance of proximity to the main sights and shopping districts, yet retaining a sense of peaceful retreat in a waterside, wooded location is rare. Hotel Skeppsholmen carries this off perfectly. We experienced a warm welcome, delicious food, in very stylish design-led surroundings. We were also blessed with amazing weather! Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Go for higher level floors, the view is better!
2  Thank klievre

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

My team and I are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I agree! Our location is quite stunning and we are very lucky that we was able to open up our hotel on this lush green island but still in the city centre.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.