“A Birthday to Remember”
Review of Fem Sma Hus

Fem Sma Hus
Reserve with
Fem Sma Hus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,211 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$54 - US$78
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: Five Small Houses you will find in the heart of Old Town, just off St. George and the Dragon. You are welcomed into a superb restaurant, which is made up of nine beautiful arches. These extend over five house, hence the name of the restaurant. There is also a modern conference room and lounges that are often used as function rooms On the menu you can always find dishes like herring, cured salmon, fillet of reindeer and a cloudberry dessert. Our parade course fillet´t of veal Anna Lindberg, it is served with morel sauce and potato gratin. It is also possible to organize wine tastings as related to conferences or as completely separate events.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our hotel's concierge steered me to Fem Sma Hus to celebrate my husband's birthday. When we arrived we were shown an exceptional table in one of the brick vaulted cold cellars which delighted my architect husband. The service was top notch delivered by two charming ladies as was the food and wine
pairings. My husband's dessert was delivered with "Happy Birthday" written in English on the plate and festooned with a small Swedish flag and candle. My husband was thrilled at the attention he received and the lovely setting in which he received. Two of our remaining dinners in Stockholm were thoroughly disappointing and, in retrospect, we wished we had returned to Fem Sma Hus.

1  Thank fififlies

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I were looking for a relaxing place with great food and sidewalk seating and found the perfect match in Fem Sma Hus in Gamla Stan in the shadow of the statue of Saint George slaying the dragon. My husband had the fillet of reindeer perfectly cooked and not a bit gamey with a potato and parsnip puree in a red wine sauce and I had steamed halibut with white asparagus and a delicious lime Hollandaise. For dessert, we shared the carmelized rhubarb with rhubarb ice cream and oatmeal crisp which was total heaven to the taste buds. Everything was wonderfully flavored and beautifully presented. The wine list is a little light on choice but we found a lovely 2010 Kliene Zaltze Shiraz which paired beautifully with our meal. Needing to use the facilities gave me a chance to tour the 'five small houses' that make up this restaurant. Getting there was a bit of an adventure and afterward I ended up twisted completely about and out on the street around the block before finding my way back. I loved all the cozy candle-lit knooks and cranies and would love to come back on a cold winter's night to enjoy the warm ambience.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We went to that restaurant one marked as the best swedish restaurant in stockholm. After 5 minutes of waiting we take our seat outside (all the inside table where booked). Table where really narrow one with the other and seat were really closed togheter. IR lamp where so near that created diseases. Unfortunately it start to rain and since the tent has no cover near the wall a lot of water starts to drop on the table (and food) near the wall and also on the IR lamp and then on the table (and food). The waiter doesn't look warred about that.
One food order has been lost in the kitchen.

you have to be Daedalous to have the opportunity to find the toilet and came back.

Another things: no price menu exposed on the street.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The restaurant itself is lovely but the food was disappointing. The bread basket was full of what I can only describe as Wonder bread. The steak I had was a bit stringy and the potatoes bland. I felt it was overpriced for what I received.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The restaurant is located in Old Town just steps away from the Royal Palace. The name translates roughly 'Five Small Houses' and it's composed of the street floors and basements of five row houses. We entered on an upper level and moved through a succession of stairways and dining rooms into the cellars which were vaulted and absolutely charming. The décor goes back to Gustavian times and is peppered with antiques and paintings of this golden period in Swedish history.

The tables were beautifully set. The silver plate and crystal gleamed in the candlelight. We started with an appetizer of dry-cured thinly sliced reindeer served over frisee greens with lingonberries and horseradish cream on the side. It was a great introduction to Swedish cuisine. Our next course was baked fillet of salmon with dill sauce and parsley/dill boiled potatoes and green beans. The salmon was really fresh and melted in the mouth. Our dessert consisted of grapefruit and mixed berry sobets with blackberries for garnish. Staff was friendly and food was beautifully served and well prepared.

It's no wonder that this restaurant is at the top of the list for Stockholm!

1  Thank redeco