“Save your money, do not take the Hop On-Hop Off bus”

Stromma Open Top Tours Hop On – Hop Off Bus
Book In Advance
More Info
US$34.82*
and up
Stockholm Shore Excursion: Stockholm City Hop-On...
Ranked #97 of 103 Tours in Stockholm
More attraction details
Owner description: Hop aboard Stromma Hop On – Hop Off buses and explore Stockholm and its sights at your own pace during 24 or 72 hours. You can hop on and off as many times as you want.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Terrible experience with this company! Had to wait an average of 45 minutes at each stop, with far too many passengers onboard. When we purchased our tickets we were told that we could bring luggage on the bus, but when we tried to board the bus we were told we couldn't. They then said we would have to pay an extra 10 euros per person for the luggage which I found very interesting as we were in Stockholm and the currency is SEK. In the end, there were so many others that had been told the same thing and protested that the bus driver relented and let us on. Save your money, Stockholm is very walkable or otherwise take the Red bus which runs far more frequently with less passengers.

Strommagroup, Kundansvarig at Stromma Open Top Tours Hop On – Hop Off Bus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi, and thank you for your review.

I can only apologize for this. We do not have the capacity we should during the sunny days when everyone wants to take a bus tour. I will send this review to the manager of the tour so that we can get better in the future.
Regarding the issue of the extra charge for the luggage I will check this up with our drivers crew since it shouldn´t be any extra fee for it.

I hope you had a nice stay in Stockholm despite all the inconvenience and the long waiting.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not very happy with service, long waits to pick p the bus, in the last stop before our ship, fortunately a Red BUS was kind of nice to takes us to our destination

Hi, and thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to hear this. We are continuously trying to get better and your opinions are important in this work. I hope you had a nice stay in Stockholm anyway!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Terrible experience. I would say there were two issues with our experience 1. There was no introduction to show us what to do as our first time and so it took us a while to figure out that we needed headphones. 2. Secondly and far more important, we were in town on the same day as a cruise ship. The cruise ship passengers seemed to be using the bus as transport between the town and the ship. We had passengers complaining that they wanted to go faster as they had a train to catch from central station. However much more significant was the overcrowding. Because the cruise ships simply swamp the buses there is no chance of seeing any sights - see attached pictures.

I had taken the bus as I was travelling with elderly parents - who ended the trip standing for much of the way as we simply wanted to get back to where we started so we could get off this atrocious merry go round.

Finally the confusion between the two different bus companies is rife. They share the same route, similar vendor livery, same stops etc. I welcome competition (if that's what this really is) but this is just chaotic.

Hi, and thank you for your review.

We are always trying to get better. I'm terrible sorry to hear that our tour caused this inconvenience for you and your family. I will send this to the manager so it can be used in the planning for the next year’s traffic.

I hope you had a pleasant stay in Stockholm despite the inconvience.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

No audio and super oversold! Every stop thirty people trying to get on.

Save your money for public transport or the red bus company.

Hi, and thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We have had problems with the plugs for the headphones, I talked to the staff and they said that they are changing them often since the plug tends to break.

I hope you had a great time in Stockholm!