“A satisfided traveler”

Ranked #111 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Pretoria
“A satisfided traveler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

We chose Dialog hotel because the price was reasonable and were were not disappointed. We arrived very late (11 pm ) and the reception was friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable and we could have a hot shower.The next morning we could have a lovely breakfast and the receptionist helped us find a shop to buy a memory card for our camera and also gave us directions to get to the cruise port.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank reisigerPretoria
Dialog, Guest Relations Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear,

Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback!

Our goal is to always make sure that our guests are satisfied, so it makes me glad to hear that we have achieved that with you!

Hope to see you soon again!

Hotel Dialog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

A great hotel for a family of five (children aged 10, 7 and 5) with interconnecting rooms, buffet breakfast included, and a fantastic price - can't go wrong if you're on a budget conscious holiday! Clean and tidy, plenty of parking out the front of the hotel, helpful staff and easy access via car to Stockholm - ten minute drive. Cinema/bowling complex with supermarket is very close. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: take your own bathroom amenities - although hand soap and towels provided.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dialog, Guest Relations Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Gillian,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review! We thank you for your kind words and hoe to see you and your family again!

Warm regards

Vernon, B.C.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Can't complain as mentioned. Good buffet breakfast. Rooms are on the small side but clean. Front staff was very helpful with questions asked of them. Hotel is in a quiet area - about 1/2 hour from historic Stockholm by bus/subway. Was quite easy to make it to the hotel without using taxi's.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Dale J
Dialog, Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
Dear Dale,

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback. It means a lot to us.
Thank you for the kind words and best regards from front staff!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I work as a night manager for a 4-star hotel in London, so I will be as neutral as I can be with my review.

The good thing with this hotel is the reception staff, extremely helpful and polite- all of them. The other good thing is that it is not to far away from Stockholm city. Allow yourself a ten minute walk to the tube station (if you know the way, otherwhise 15 minutes) and then spend 20 minutes on the tube to the inner city. If not, you have Scandinavias biggest shopping area all around you with Skärholmen Centrum (shopping mall), Heron city (just a minute walk from the hotel), Kungens Kurva and the worlds largest Ikea.

I went to my own country as a tourist and could for the first time see how expensive Sweden is for tourists, nothing you really notice when you live and work in Sweden though.

The TV reception was really bad, which was down to the cable being faulty. The cable wasnt even working and was "fixed" by someone who shouldnt be doing "do it yourself-repairs" as it could (in worse case scenario) cause a fire. The table the TV was standing on could easily tip over any second as it only had two legs to stand on instead of the normal four. The electrical box under the heater was open exposing all the cables, I'm just glad that no water was accidentely spilt on them.

Someone knocked on my door in the morning, I opened the door and said "hello?", I was greeted by a stranger saying hello back to me. I had no idea who this stranger was since all I saw was a man wearing his own clothes and no name badge. After five seconds of silence he asked if I wanted the room cleaned, he was working with the house keeping. This was nothing that I could see when I opened the door since he had no name badge or no work clothes/staff uniform to show that he was working for the hotel, and I could not see his cleaning tools to make my own assumption that he is from the house keeping, so to me he was just a stranger until he asked if I wanted the room cleaned.

The day of departure, where we hoped to sleep a little longer since the check out time is at noon, the house keeping knocked on our door and came IN at nine in the morning, when we tried to sleep as long as possible to save energy for all the procedures at the airport and everything it takes to go home. Unfortunately for me, I could not fall back asleep after the house keeping knocked on the door and came in to clean the room. They should know that we were departing that day and wait to clean the room until we have left.

The breakfast was good, and as someone said it was the same breakfast for every single day. Well, it is the same breakfast every single day in every single hotel. I enjoyed the breakfast!

Considering its a two-star hotel, you still get free wifi, free coffee and tea from the breakfast room whenever you want and 24/7 reception, I would say its a good hotel. When it come to shopping, the location cant be any better, seriously.
The reception staff made it all worth it, so thank you for a pleasant stay.

And if I would go back again? Yes, despite my review of the health and safety- I would. Despite everything else- I would.

Room Tip: When you want to open the door with your key, turn the key to the left, and turn it REALLY hard. The...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patrik08
Dear Patrik,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Im glad you had a pleasant stay, liked our reception staff and ejoyed the surroundings! Our goal is always to make sure that our guest is satisfied with their stay.
Regarding the safety and our staff, we will make sure to look into this immediatly.

Again, thank you for taking your time. We hope to see you soon again!

Best regards
Rock Springs, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel is fine..it's clean, quite, safe, and it has excellent water pressure in the shower. The problem is that it is too far from the city center. You need about 45 minutes to get from the hotel to downtown Stockholm using public transport. Too much time for me. Also, this place is hard to find the first time, especially at night. You cannot see it from the road. Be prepared for that if you book here. If you have a car this place is probably more convenient. Breakfast is decent, if a little bland. They might mix it up a bit more. I stayed six nights and every morning it was EXACTLY the same. One good thing is that there is a mall right across the street, literally a five minute walk from your room. Restaurants, grocery store, convenience store, movies, bowling. All right there. Metro is about a 15 minute walk or a bus ride which takes similar what with the waiting for the bus part. One other thing is that the rooms are very small and very spartan. I mean, not one bit of decoration on the wall or anywhere else. Very strange, never seen anything like that. Maybe this is typical in Scandinavia.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank viajeroso71
Dialog, Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Dear Dale,

I would like to begin with thanking you for the review you posted.
It seems you were satisfied with your stay, which makes us glad.

We hope to see you soon here again.

Best regards
Trivandrum, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I went to Stockholm for a one day meeting and since my collegue was staying in this hotel I also decided to stay there. My collegue was staying there for a month and this was the most economical option. The nearest Metro station is a 15 minutes walk and from there Stockholm central station is another 15mins ride.

Stockholm is very expensive and for a very basic room in this hotel I paid nearly USD 100. Room was clean, but very small. The cot is also small, but comfortable. Only one pillow (since it was a single room) and towel. There is only one soap dispenser near the wash basin and you have to reach out and get liquid soap from this one if you want to shower. No separation between the shower area and the toilet. So the entire bathroom gets wet after as shower. Also there is no carpet outside the bathroom and hence the woden floor also gets wet.
There is a big mall nearby with a food court with all the eating options. This was good. The breakfast was also good.
Choose this hotel only if you are on a really tight budget.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank AnandCV
Dialog, Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
Dear,

I would like to thank you for taking your time and giving us all the feedback and information about our hotel. Im sure this will help other future guests.

We hope to see you soon in near future!

Stromness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed two nights at Hotell Dialog in September. Really difficult to find reasonably priced Hotels in or near Stockholm. Managed to drive past entrance to Hotel twice, as not clearly signposted from the road and on large industrial estate!.Rooms small and only pegs on wall to hang up clothes, but room and linen clean. No soap provided but had decent shower. Ok for a couple of nights as a base to explore Stockholm. Access to Stockholm really easy. We drove to nearby shopping precinct carpark, left car there and caught metro into central Stockholm. This was suggested by one of the hotel staff, who were extremely helpful. Buffet style breakfast included in room price, adequate with decent tea!

Room Tip: I would imagine that all the rooms are similar!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple