Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen
  • Restaurant
Wasa Park Hotell(Stockholm)
Piper Residence(Stockholm)
    1,461 results
    All reviewsbjork restauranttypical courtyardcity centreblue linemetro stationnice hotelminute walkwalk in showerold townbeautiful parkt banahotel is locatedpublic transportationrooms are largebreakfast buffetgamla stanbusiness hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 7 May 2011

Although primarily designed for business travellers, we stayed here for a long weekend and had a fantastic experience. The check-in staff were efficient and friendly and it goes without saying, fluent in English. The room was beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean with a large, extremely comfortable king-sized bed. Excellent bathroom with the most powerful shower! If you choose to eat at the hotel's restaurant (Bjork) we found both breakfast and dinner to be superb and to be priced comparably with the rest of Stockholm (which isn't, however, cheap!). The hotel is a comfortable 1 1/2 mile stroll into the centre of Stockholm along the shore of Lake Malaren and is situated between two metro stations for easy access to the city and airports. We would happily return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank bringonthesummer_11
    Reviewed 22 April 2011

A total ripoff if you're parking in the hotel the rates are exorbitantly high like 295 Kronos. If you're staying here and choose to park outside on streets or public parking never bring the car to park in front of the hotel. The hotel staff are so courteous that they'll get you a chunky parking ticket for 550 Kronos.

I believe it's the penalty for not parking in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011
    3  Thank ashoks710
    HotelmanagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2011

Dear ashoks710,

Thank you for your review about Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm!
    Although I feel I have to respond to this review and the parking fees that we charge. For parking in our garage in the hotel that is exclusively for hotel guests we charge 295 SEK/ night. Then your car is parked with direct access to the hotel corridor, in a warm garage that only is for guest cars and not a part of a public garage. The parking fees for hotel garage in Stockholm is usually between 200-450 SEK/ night, so we do not charge more than other hotels in town as I see it.
    We do have five parking lots outside the entrance that is for loading and unloading. Or for a shorter visit in the hotel or restaurant.
    If you prefer to park outside in the neighbourhood this is a safe neighbourhood and the fees are of course also much lower. Just ask the front desk for instructions next time.

Best regards
    Martin Åkesson

Reviewed 17 April 2011

I've been to Stockholm five times the last year or two, and this hotel offered in every aspect what I needed and expected.

Situated at Kungsholmen, a bit off-centered from downtown Stockholm, this brand new hotel finally fulfilled all my wishes for an excellent stay. A large well-kept room with a nice view, a fine breakfast buffé and easy public parking free of charge.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
    Reviewed 10 April 2011

Great check-in experience with friendly staff.
    Got a great corner room to the latest standards. Felt kind of small, but I was informed that they have the highest average room size in Stockholm - I guess I am not used to travel in Sweden. :)
    Very early start in the morning and a take-away breakfast was prepared check-out to have on the Arlanda Express train to the airport - excellent!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
    Reviewed 29 March 2011

I've been to this hotel before and liked it so decided to come back with next opportunity.
    Stayed here 2 times over last two weeks.

First stay was just 2 days, as a Platinum got upgraded to 11th floor (room 1110), beautiful room, very nice bathroom with bathtub (important for me). Great stay, everything was perfect.

So, I decided to come a week later. Second stay was supposed to be 5 days, maybe six (depending on flight out of Stockholm). However, I checked out on day 2 as was not given room that I would like (and was supposed to get - as that Platinum bonus). Hotel was supposedly booked out, so was told "no upgrade". When I shrugged and said "OK, will not stay here for 5 nights then, will find another hotel" - out of the blue turned out there was an upgrade possible. That being said, I don't think this room was really the upgraded one (933) - sure, room was big enough but there was no bathtub, just a shower. A no-go for me, so checked out and moved to Sheraton in city center (corporate rate, very similar to Courtyard).
    On arrival Sheraton acknowledged my Marriott Platinum (very nice of them) and they gave me a bigger room, with bathtub, nice view, and close to all transportation.
    Seems I will not be staying in Courtyard Stockholm any time soon - in comparison Sheraton wins.
    Marriott - keep doing that and I'll move to Sheraton full-time.

Now, for those of you that plan to visit Courtyard.
    Breakfast is nice, you have to ask around however to have an omelet (no cooks in sight, waitress asked one for me). Dinner options are tasty but a bit limited. There are hardly any restaurants around - next one is a good 10 minute walk, not cool if it's freezing outside. Prepare then to eat on site (there's a bar, a restaurant and a small shop).
    Bar is nice, sometimes too crowded to my liking though. Staff is also nice.
    Transportation options are bit limited, had to take a taxi every day to the office. Not a complaint though.

Overall - a good hotel. Just not for a really frequent traveler that expects that tiny extra bit more.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
    HotelmanagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review of Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm even if I understand that your last stay was not one of the better ones. I am really sorry about that. As I do understand we had little possibility to upgrade you on your second stay with us due to high demand and a fully booked hotel.
    During your first stay for two nights you were in our Superiour rooms on top floor and the next time in our Premium rooms that are located on other floors throughout the the hotel. All our Superiour rooms are having both a shower and a bathtub but our other rooms have only shower if you do not prefer a standard room with twinbeds. Then there is a bathtub. This is the way the hotel is built and a fact that we have to work with and around every day.
    Sheraton is a great hotel, I do agree and also a 5-star hotel to compare with Courtyard by Marriott that is operated in the category of a business hotel in the 4-star category.
    Sometimes the pricedifference between those are very little depending on the occupancy.

I am sorry we could not make your stay a better one but if you have any second thoughts and would like to return with us I will be happy to assist you in making your future stays a better one or see to that reservations are made in the desired category of rooms from start.

Yours sincerely