“Excellent new hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bushey, Herts
“Excellent new hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Would highly recommend this hotel. Recently we have preferred to stay in privately owned hotels, for a "chain hotel" we thought it was very good. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient, even emailing us a voucher which we had left in the room. Special thanks to Louise. The breakfast was outstanding, and set us up for the day. We ate one meal in the restaurant which was excellent. The only downside is that it is quite a distance from the attractions of Stockholm and there is very little public transport around. One taxi drive cost us 270 kr to do about 3 miles max. There is a metro about 10 mins walk away, otherwise you can walk along the lake. Eating out is extremely expensive - 1 beer and 1 cake was £12.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kasler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Spent 2 nights at Courtyard Marriott Stockholm and is really happy that I choose to stay at the hotel. From the moment I arrived to the departure I was treated in a nice friendly way from all the staff members. Check-in was smooth, thanks to Tehri. She is a true star. The location of the hotel is good. Only a short walk from Fridhemsplan subway station. Bus stop around the corner of the hotel. The rooms are well equipped. They are sound proof. They way air cooling system in the room. Facilities for making coffee. Free wifi in the hotel which is great, it can otherwise be very expensive in Swedish hotels. In the lobby they have a small kiosk, where you can find most items you might have forgotten.
I will definitely return to the hotel. I have a new favorite hotel when I am in Stockholm.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Andreas N
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This hotel was very good. A little far from centrum (but a nice walk around 30-40 minutes), and easy with taxi for around SEK 150. Stayed in a superior room with 2 kids under 3 years. We got 2 beds for the kids in the room and still it was lots of space. Big and nice bathrooms and clean rooms. The restaurant was excellent. When we arrived we had lunch at the hotel and it was so good so we desided that we would eat several meals at the hotel. That makes it easy with small children. Very good service! Would recommend it for everyone that thinks it's ok to stay a little way from centrum (forever a nice walk into the center of the city).

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Veronica31
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I and my partner usually opt for cosy B&Bs but because most of them were fully booked and/or expensive we opted for special offer for Courtyard. And I think we did well.
Service is excellent, stuff very nice, caring and speak perfect English.
Our room was big-especially the bed, clean, bathroom also big and clean. There was hot water kettle,tea and coffee provided, fridge, huge TV. And again the bed-best ever sleep I had in a hotel! Our room was also very quiet although there are big roads surrounding the hotel, they're rarely busy.
Breakfast is gorgeous with so much choice of food - hot and cold.Bread and pastries are to die for. We also had a dinner twice in hotel restaurant Bjork and it was excellent. Try Gravad Lax and Tender Veal in Dill sauce-divine. Prices are reasonable for the size of the portion and not that different from the other Stockholm restaurants.
To get to the hotel by tube is quick and easy. I suggest you get off at the station called Thorildsplan - on the green line and one after Fridhemsplan when going from T-Centralen. It's much easier and faster to get to the hotel. Take the right turning when you walk through the ticket barrier and then turn left at the end of the tunnel exit. The path will lead you to the big roundabout where you can see the hotel in front of you. It takes about 5 minutes.
Opposite the hotel is a lovely green park-Ralambshovsparken with the lake Malaren where you can walk through to get to the town (about half hour or longer when you take pictures or have a long stop in the Town Hall) or stop for a while and enjoy the atmosphere, have picnic with locals or refreshing dip in fresh clear waters, or have a sunset drink in a floating restaurant while slowly falling in love with this city as we did ;)

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LondonIva
Hamar
Reviewed 3 June 2011

The only thing I could say negatively about the hotel is that the breakfast is crowded, get there early or be prepared to wait for a place to sit. Other than that, the hotel is nice, clean, big rooms, good cleaning, friendly staff, close to the metro, quiet even tho it's pretty close to a big road. All in all, if I ever was to return to Stockholm and could afford the hotel I would definitely sleep here again. Oh, the bed was huge (180cm wide I think) and extremely good to sleep in.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank rebewkire
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I came to this hotel with my mother and my brother. We would stay for 4 nights. At the check in there seemed to be confusion about our bookings, as we had booked a room for 3. This was however, sorted out on the day after. The room itself was modern, fully equipped and spacious enough. I would have preferred a ventilation sound in the bathroom, but that is personal preference. The bathroom was very spacious and had excellent lightning and mirrors for putting on make up or shaving.
The breakfast buffet was elaborate, and contained local food, such as the herrings and porridge. Overall very good. Our breakfast waiter was very very helpful for planning our trip. The nearby park was wonderful to go through in order to get to the city centre.
Overall, I did enjoy my stay very much.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank spyckei
London
Reviewed 16 May 2011

The hotel is spotlessly clean, very well decorated, room and facilities are brilliant. Toiletries provided rather scarce i must say. Breakfast is good, and evening meals served at the restaurant are very nice, with a cool atmosphere. Staff very professional. Domestic staff and breakfast waiters were really friendly and helpful. Some of the bar and reception staff can come across a bit snotty though, but as I said, professional at all times nonetheless. Hotel is a bit far away from the city centre but well communicated. I would definately recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011