“Really good hotel, clean, excellent breakfast, slightly further out”

Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed here for a short break. Hotel is fairly new, staff were friendly. Room was really good size, king size bed, tea & coffee making facilities that were topped up daily. Clean. Really quiet too so didn't hear noise from other rooms. Breakfast was more than adequate- would advise when you book that you book breakfast too as it is slightly out of the centre of Stockholm & no nearby cafes to have breakfast in. We booked through Expedia & thought the price for bed & breakfast was reasonable. We also had wi-fi included in the room rate. There is a popular restaurant in the hotel although we didn't dine there. It is slightly out of centre of Stockholm but metro only a short walk away. Would study here again if returned to Stockholm.

• Stayed: March 2012
HotelmanagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you so much for your nice review. I will be happy to see you with us soon again.
Martin Åkesson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,450)

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed here for three nights while sightseeing. Though this hotel is not that new anymore, the cabbie at the train station wasn’t aware of the hotel or its location. Luckily, I wrote down the hotel’s address. This hotel is conveniently located within a 5-minute walk to a metro stop, and two metro stops away from center city. The room was modern, comfortable, and spacious; and the bathroom was well-maintained and very clean. The hotel staff was top notch. We arrived very late at night, and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Every evening, they greeted us warmly and inquired about our daily pursuits. The staff at the restaurant was also very friendly. The Bjork breakfast staff also managed to remember us every morning, and while we only ate at the restaurant for dinner one night, our waitress was also similarly helpful. The breakfast buffet was ample, and the dinner menu was also very nice. Our goat cheese and beet appetizer was particularly tasty. While my husband raved over the thick burger and fries, and my pasta was only fair. Dinner for two was $100 USD, which seemed to be in line with Stockholm prices. All in all, this hotel was a great find for its location, value, friendly staff, and comfortable room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My girlfriend and me stayed here 4 nights in the eastern. The room is quite big, extra clean, with a fantastic bathroom. Furniture is pretty new and very cozy. Very quietly. It was a great impression once open the door for the first time. I cannot say anything about breakfast because it was not included. The hotel has a very good grill-restaurant in the case you want to have dinner or a drink before coming back to the room. The personal was very helpful and kind. It is located no more than 30 minutes walking from the city hall; basically where the city center starts. So, even there is a subway very close (8 minutes far), you can go by feet everywhere. This is something very important to notice. With this proximity to the center and the fantastic impression that this hotel gave us, do not hesitate in booking this hotel for a perfect stay in Stockholm!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This hotel was great! I hesitated to write a review because I wasn't sure I wanted this place to get even more popular, but that would have been purely selfish. I booked a single and got a pretty large room with two double beds. When I checked in they asked if I had a preference for higher or lower floor. I said I wanted a higher one and they put me on the top floor. The view was nothing special (the building across the street was undergoing major construction) but it looked nice at night if you didn't look too closely... The bathroom floor was warmed and I very much appreciated that there was a lot of counter space next to the sink. nescafe and tea supplies in the room were replenished each day. I paid 1683SEK for two nights, which included buffet breakfast (good selection of hot and cold stuff). The free wireless was fast. On the third floor were some computers you could use to print things out. Everything was easy and fast with this place. On my last night I had to leave for an early flight so I couldn't make the buffet breakfast, but they packed a sandwich, juice, and fruit to go. The staff were all very cheerful. The location is fine; it's not quite in the center but the metro is very close and the trains are so frequent that it made absolutely no difference to my stay in Stockholm. The only thing that could have been improved... were the eggs at buffet breakfast (they were kinda runny); everything else however, was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jmims
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Not much to say a perfect hotel in Stockholm and a great location. No complains what so ever. But have in mind this is Sweden so its far away from luxury

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Just had a long weekend stay at this hotel and everything was superb. The staff, the clean rooms, the comfy beds, the location - everything! The rooms are fully air conditioned so therefore the windows don't open, the costs in the hotel bar/restaurant are a little more expensive than in the city but I suppose thats to be expected; being inside the hotel. Convenient for the underground which is about 400 yards away (Thorlidsplan) and it takes about 4 stops to get into city centre (8 mins), a 3 day train pass costs £24 but you can then go wherever you want as many times as you like; the trains are every few mins and ALWAYS on time, amazing. I would stay again at the Courtyard in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ESClad
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed two nights in March at this hotel on Kungsholmen. The hotel is situated between the T-Bana-stations Torhildsplan (Green line, a little closer) and Fridhemsplan (Blue and Green lines) close to a big park. Busses are also available in close proximity that take you over the Vesterbron into Södermalm.
Service was excellent and you could ask the front desk about any problems or directions.
The room was big (I booked a single room and got a double room), there was a small fridge as well as a coffee/tea-making facilities in the room. A safety deposit box was also in the room. The bathroom was big and clean and overall my stay was smooth without any problems. I slept great for two nights, so rooms are rather quiet.
One thing that I have to add is the location that is absolutely fine during daytime but gets pretty deserted after dark. The t-bana exit at Torhildsplan is very dark and leads straight into the park which might not be too appealing for single and especially women travelers. Exiting Fridhemsplan is the better option here whereas you have to brace yourself for walking through a deserted residential area then. I only did it once at 1 a.m.
Taking a taxi from Södermalm's hotspots might set you back 200 SEK, from Gamla Stan it will be a little less.
Breakfast was not included in my rate and is available in two categories: The complete breakfast for 190 SEK brings you all you could possibly ask for whereas the budget option for 130 SEK offers a smaller but sufficient option. I did not eat breakfast in the hotel whatsoever.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo