“Good corporate hotel”

Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen
Ranked #22 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The hotel is located in a quite residential part of town.
It is a nice hotel with a decent restaurant. Staff is very friendly and rate are reasonable
Not 5 star in my review because it lacks a good gym, pool or sauna.

1  Thank La_Baia_Oasi_Ristoro
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I needed to visit Sweden for a third time for a business trip. The first time A Stayed a the Nordic Light, but didn’t like the price quality ratio, then I stayed at the First Amaranten Hotel, which was one of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed in. So I sat down to choose a hotel that would have a acceptable price quality ratio.
Courtyard by Marriot Stockholm has completely satisfied my needs.

The room I stayed in was a regular hotel size room. Not to big but surely not to small. I added some pictures. What I particularly liked was the fact that the room has both an iron and ironing board neatly stalled in the closet. It has a large safe so you can also put your laptop in it. The hotel has excellent internet facilities through cable or wifi. To have more speed on your internet you need to pay additional costs.
There was no bathtub, only a shower but the water pressure was good and it has these easy-to-operate water taps that keep the temperature at 38 degrees. The only reason why I did not rate this hotel with the maximum score is due to the fact that for someone with poor eyesight like I have, the room would need some more lightning.

It is quite easy to reach the hotel from the Stockholm-Arlanda Airport. You can take the high speed train to the central station and from there with the subway (green line) to Fridhemsplan stop. From that subway stop, it’s a ten minutes walk to the hotel.
The staff was very helpful and friendly. Not just professionally, but genuinely interested in making me feel comfortable and at home. All by all, a great hotel, easy to reach. I will most definitively stay again when in Stockholm.

4  Thank ZjouPalou
HotelmanagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you so much for your review!
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and have found a hotel in Stockhom where you feel at home.
Most welcome back with us agian. We are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Clean, fresh, welcoming, spacious rooms. Good breakfast and lovely walk into the city (about half an hour). We'll continue to book here on future visits.
There's nothing to dislike about this hotel and it seems to come up with consistently good deals.

Room Tip: It's got eight or nine floors - so you're pretty high up with a good view (if you like heigh...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 57variety186387
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We are often in Stockholm. Pleasure and business take us there. This hotel is modern, clean and with a staff that is excellent and willing to really help. Breakfast is excellent in a beautiful setting. Hotel is situated approx. 20 min walk from downtown and only a few minutes walk from the subway that brings you directly to the city. The walk is actually beautiful and something that I would strongly recommend. The only negative which I discussed with the staff is the fact that the bed was extremely hard. I guess that everybody has their own preferences but we found the bed to be too hard which gave us back pains.

Room Tip: Facing park.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pasbris
HotelmanagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and I am happy you like the hotel.
Our beds are a standard Courtyard bed and it might for some people be a little to firm. As you say this is of course a very personal thing.
For your next stay please ask us to make it with an extra duvet that might make the bed more soft.
Welcome back!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

It’s a descent courtyard. The hotel serves as a good place to both business and leisure travellers. Each and every staff member was friendly and very helpful.

Location: It’s not in the city center (more of a residential place) but nonetheless close to the train station "Fridhemsplan" with good connectivity to city center. Taxis are always waiting right outside the hotel almost all the time.

Food/ Restaurant: Standard Marriott breakfast spread, lot of options and i loved it. I didn’t try their restaurant, but there are many restaurants around 10 minutes’ walk, i mean many, if one wants to explore.

Wifi: I had tough time downloading the files. Being Platinum member, i get complimentary internet, however not sure if that’s the reason why connectivity was slow ;(. Being a business traveler, this is one thing that will put you off.

Rooms: Room size were quite descent (Marriott ofcourse) and impeccably clean. I must say I had a very good sleep.

Overall good experience and thank you for making it more comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind review.
As a Marriott Rewards guest you are of course always also extra welcome here.
We all hope to see you again soon in Stockholm.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

first let me say this hotel is very nice, clean and comfortable. its not a review to bash everything because something bad happened. the breakfast was very good and the rooms clean and comfortable. the location is a 5/10 but thats neither here nor there.
I was there on business and was only staying 2 nights. after the first night, i was out for the day and when i returned a very important external hard drive was taken from my room. since i only packed 1 change of clothes and my computer/charger and hard drive i knew that it had to be taken.
when you stay in a place like this, having something stolen is such an invasion of privacy, and my identity could be stolen.
you really realize how helpless you are if something is taken from you... regardless of anything i can't get back what was lost and that is the most heartbreaking part.
the only thing the hotel did was call the police and filed a report. no other measures were taken to comfort me, so we checked out immediately fearing that something else might be taken.
I would never stay here again, regardless of the amenities.. having something important taken from me and then no actions by management to even attempt to remedy the situation is inexcusable.

Room Tip: don't stay at this hotel if you have anything you would like to keep
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank keykeykey123

Dear Mr Bharath,
Thank you for staying with us and also for your nice words about the hotel in general.
I am of course very regretful for the incident that happened during your stay with us and kindly ask you to accept our sincere apologize for this.

My Executive Housekeeper responsible for housekeeping staff as well as security in the hotel has replied to you via an e-mail also the 4th of November with an explanation from management, that according to your post here on Tripadvisor has not been taken. Might we have recorded the wrong e-mail adress in your profile and that is why the explanation did not go through to you? in that case we are so sorry as this is a concern for us to close this matter and find out what has happened.

We have followed our procedures in matters like this and checked the logged entries to your room during that period. The only keys used are your guest key and the key from housekeeping. The housekeeper has also been confronted and she is very sorry and upset for what has happened but denies any knowledge about seeing a hard desk drive in the room.
Also as soon as your item was missing this was reported to the police and our assistant housekeeper checked the room throughly.
We will of course keep looking for this item if is has fallen between bedsheets or other meaning it will turn up in a near future.

Once again accept my apologize.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Clean new rooms and a standard breakfast WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED in the ground price! There is a gym at the hotel and the equipment are made for being able to watch TV during training but it's not possible due to bad internet connection. I have visited many hotels with more personality closer to the city center, also much more price-worthy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and for staying with us.
I am sorry that you do not find the hotel really suitable as this of course is of our highest concern that our guests like the hotel and are willing to come back with us every time.

When making a reservation there is always an option to choose reservation with or without breakfast. The lower price is then excluding breakfast. Many of our guests are attening meetings and conferences during their stay with us and that is one of the reasin why my have made it optional to reserve a room without breakfast also, for a lower price then.

Accept my apologize for equipment not working in the gym. All the equipment is now checked again and functional, but yes there has been problems lately in the functionallity.

I hope this explains some of the problems experienced and hope of course that you will give our hotel a second chance as your alternative when visiting Stockholm again.

Best regards