“You will feel quite welcome”

Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen
Ranked #21 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Delafield, Wisconsin
“You will feel quite welcome”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The facility itself is well located, and the fixtures and decor are modern and in good condition. The fitness center, a key concern for many business travellers, is really quite well-equipped, with enough cardio and serious resistance machines and freeweights to help you avoid atrophy if not push you a little bit. Staff were very helpful with restraurant recommendations -- although the on-site restaurant is very nice. Breakfast buffet was superb. You have to look a long way to find something to complain about, and the wifi included with my room was really spotty. Some of my associates had a hard time connecting at all. But this was more than compensated for by the level of effort of the staff. An example ... my plane left too early in the morning on my final day for me to grab breakfast. They happened to have a bag breakfast on hand, and just handed it to me gratis as I walked out to my cab. That was unexpected, and the type of thing you remember.

Room Tip: Fine for business travelers, but locals also think highly of the bar and grill, which is excellent.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Charles R
GeneralManagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us!
I hope the breakfast was good and that you wvere well in time for your flight.
Most welcome back!
Martin Åkesson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The staff were very welcoming, helpful and were able to cater to any of our needs or queries. The hotel was clean, modern and fairly quiet and is a short walk to a couple of supermarkets and McDonalds!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CausticComment
Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for new year and was very impressed. Arrived after a long journey at about midnight to find that the hotel had no record of my booking, however, this was to be the only problem during my stay. Straight away the staff did all they could for me and I was up in my room within five minutes. The hotel was spotless and had a great atmosphere around the place. Locations fine (5min walk to the subway) and I challenge you to not get a smile or hello off every member of staff you pass. Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else if/when I go back to Stockholm.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank seanyf
Thank you so much for your review!
I hope we will never stop smiling. :)
Most welcome back!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My girl and I stayed here for a few days while visiting Stockholm for a wedding.
The hotel (including the gym) felt very modern and clean. One interesting thing we learned in Sweden is how clean their tap water is, which we drank in the gym and in our room during our stay with no side effects.

The breakfast selection was great, and I would definitely recommend you add this to your room package. The dinner options were a bit limited. Our bartender (19 year old kid) was fantastic and we spent a lot more money at the bar than we planned with no regrets!

The walk to the nearest train station takes about 10 minutes which is no fun in the colder months, so we took a taxi whenever we headed downtown, but usually took the train on return.
Transportation to the hotel is great! Even traveling with luggage we were able to take a shuttle from the airport, then a train and walk to our hotel. All, without knowing the language.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anthony R
GeneralManagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. Most welcome back soon.
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed as a couple over new years 2013/2014 for seven nights.

The whole hotel was very stylish, clean and modern (particularly applicable to the room itself).

The hotel is located in a residential area around a 30 minute walk from all the major areas of Stockholm, however it has many amenities in the surrounding area (Supermarket, Metro access,.... McDonalds :) )

I recommend getting the breakfast add-on as it is very convenient, tasty and varied - plus saves you from having to spend money on expensive meals out during the day.

My only qualm would be the internet access available at the hotel. There is free wired access (on a slow connection) which is suitable for urgent access, however WiFi access / regular speed internet connection is a costly add-on. It's now 2014 and I strongly feel that additions like this should become part of the package, not just an after-thought.

I fully recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Stockholm, we had a fantastic time and loved our stay!

Room Tip: When booking the room, specify that you do not want an adjoining room, as you may be given one if no...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MWilkinson13
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 31 December 2013

It offers the usual high standard of a Marriott it is close to the center (preferably with taxi or public transport a bit too far to walk in the winter months) and has great service and food both for breakfast and lunch/dinner. It still feels new which is a plus.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John_TA14
Helmond, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Located a nice 25 minutes walk from the city center, but on a nice walking area near the water, with a view at Stockholm. There's also a subway station nearby the hotel, so it's possible to get in the center by subway. Rooms are comfortable, with good beds. Unfortunately, no bathtube. Breakfast is excellent, with a big variety of food and drinks. Staff is friendly. WiFi signal is good.

I think in Stockholm one of the best price-quality combination, as many of the hotels are high priced.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple