“Still a great hotel at great value, a little off the beaten path”

Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen
Ranked #19 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, CO
“Still a great hotel at great value, a little off the beaten path”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels in Europe. The room is spacious, simply appointed and beds, including pillows, are comfortable allowing for good night's sleep. Shower is a little odd - two glass panes meeting together in corner of bathroom so lots of water on the entire bathroom floor. Breakfast is extensive - be sure to get it in the price of room package. Location is about 4 km from main city center and taxis are expensive (about 170 SEK or $30 into town) so take the Tunnelbana if you can.

Room Tip: No room service available but you can order from restaurant and take up to your room. Good restaura...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Cheryl,
Thank you so much for staying with us and enjoying the hotel. I hope you will return soon to Stockholm and Courtyard by Marriott.
Welcome!
Martin Åkesson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Valenciennes, France
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This hotel is well situated, easily reachable when you come from the airport and very closed to the center.
The hotel is modern, rooms are spacious, bets are wunderfull.
There is a nice atmospher at the bars, which is open a part of the night.
Breakfast= just perfect as well.

1 Thank cpm-ra
Gyor, Hungary
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Trendy, swedish simple and practical furnished rooms and enteriors, but I had the feeling, I am in an IKEA-showroom. Bathroom big, well equiped, place for everything, huge shower, clean. The location is not the best, 20 minutes walk to the center. I can not understand, an international hotel chain why can not offer for breakfast more type of coffe? Maybe local people like that black water, but I guess other guest would prefer something stronger.
Ate twice in the restaurant, both was great. And the modern, glas fireplace at a the lobby really lovely.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank szocsheni
GeneralManagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Madam,
Thank myou for staying with us and for your review.
I hope you enjoyed your stay with us overall. We swedes drink alot of swedish black coffee and quite often hear that this is to strong. I am happy that you are one of those loving strong coffee.
For your next stay you are more than welcome to order other forms of coffee directly from the staff in the breakfast room, at a smaller extra fee for cappuccino or espresso.
Welcome back!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2014

New and very well designed hotel, friendly staff, good restaurant and a well fitted gym. Only downside is the heating system doesn't appear to be up to standard and I had to ask for a second duvet after a cold first night.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 1Francis1234
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel in 2010 and I've also stayed a couple of times at Courtyard by Marriott hotels in other countries. Always to my full satisfaction, so I expected nothing less this time.

I stayed over Christmas together with my son and had booked five nights via HRS (Hotel Reservation Service) which I always use for my reservations. You know the price and you know when and how to pay. And you also know the deadline for cancellation. And through the years there's never been a problem.

However when I wanted to cut our visit short by one day at the night before, the staff were quite unhelpful, stating that they needed that information by 3 p.m. and I had to pay the full price. My insisting that HRS gave me the possibility to cancel until 23.59 the night prior to the day staying was met with the attitude that this was only practicable prior to the whole stay. The only way to do the cancellation - they claimed - was to go via HRS, so I had to call them myself and a nice lady promised to send a mail to the hotel.

The next morning, when checking out, there was no information about any mail from HRS in the computer, but a very helpful and understanding lady at the front desk saw no problem in that and cancelled the fifth night. Just like that - and, may I say, restored my confidence as a customer to Courtyard by Marriott.

Except for that snag, our stay was - as my previous - very good. The room was nice and very clean, although you're able to notice that three years have passed. Nothing remarkable, just the normal ware down. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and to our full appreciation, including our special requests for espresso and cappuccino instead of the "normal" Swedish coffee.

All in all a nice stay, but I'm reducing my rating from five to four. If my confidence is fully restored, will show when booking a next stay somewhere in Europe.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kajenn
Dear Kaj,
I am sorry for the problems occured but glad that all was sorted out finally. We always try to make sure that changes in the reservations are made through the same channels as from where the reservation came.
This to make sure that there are no problems between the hotel the guest and the third party involved in the reservation.
I hope for your understanding in this and wish you most welcome back in the future.
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The facility itself is well located, and the fixtures and decor are modern and in good condition. The fitness center, a key concern for many business travellers, is really quite well-equipped, with enough cardio and serious resistance machines and freeweights to help you avoid atrophy if not push you a little bit. Staff were very helpful with restraurant recommendations -- although the on-site restaurant is very nice. Breakfast buffet was superb. You have to look a long way to find something to complain about, and the wifi included with my room was really spotty. Some of my associates had a hard time connecting at all. But this was more than compensated for by the level of effort of the staff. An example ... my plane left too early in the morning on my final day for me to grab breakfast. They happened to have a bag breakfast on hand, and just handed it to me gratis as I walked out to my cab. That was unexpected, and the type of thing you remember.

Room Tip: Fine for business travelers, but locals also think highly of the bar and grill, which is excellent.
1 Thank Charles R
Thank you so much for staying with us!
I hope the breakfast was good and that you wvere well in time for your flight.
Most welcome back!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The staff were very welcoming, helpful and were able to cater to any of our needs or queries. The hotel was clean, modern and fairly quiet and is a short walk to a couple of supermarkets and McDonalds!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends