“Nice Hotel”

Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen
Ranked #25 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here at the beginning of April. The hotel lobby had a warm atmosphere. The room was comfortable, clean with a great bathroom.

The location was perfect. There's a T-bana station just a few minutes walk away and a flygbussarna stop about a 5-7 minutes walk away.

There were also places to eat near the hotel and a beautiful waterfront to walk along.

The staff was friendly and overall helpful.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank courtney_paige_22
Write a ReviewReviews (1,447)

Reviewed 16 April 2014

A bit away from the main activities and places to see in the city but it is a good hotel.
The rooms are clean, people are friendly…
It's nothing fancy but it is a good clean place to stay…
I certainly recommend staying there for anyone that wants to go

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good - I stayed there twice within a week. Both rooms were in different locati...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Serge B
GeneralManagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review!
I am happy that you liked the hotel. We are located in a business area of Stockholm and it is a 20 minutes walk to downtown and Old Town but it is a very nice walk along the seaside all the way.
Hope to see you with us soon again!
Welcome!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel mid march, everything was fine until I went to pay for my stay I paid cash only to find out that they double charged me on my card, I was stuck in the airport as I had no available funds in my bank, I had no access to my bank which meant i was stuck all night in the airport till my friend picked me up. I phone the hotel which cost me alot of money! They said it wasn't there fault but the company they use! Not my problem! after 4 days of still no funds, I phone back and talk to the manager who is apologetic and offers me half the money back for my stay, which i though is a fair offer and was happy about the compensation 1 month later I have yet to receive any emails or money from there part! Which shows me the true value of this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eddiguesti
GeneralManagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Mr Guesti,

I am really sorry to hear about your experience with us at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm and I kindly ask you to accept my sincere aplogy.
I have checked into this case and I know the procedure of credit card company holding the reservation of money to your credit card even if it is paid with another card or cash upon check out. This is released in about four days time.
I see in our files that we have reimbursed, as promised, 50% of that amount March 19, as you left the hotel March 17. Reimbursed to the same creditcard as showed upon your check in.
I kindly ask you to check your credit card statements again to help me close this case. In our files everything is in order as promised by our Manager when contacting the hotel.
Please help me make sure that there is any problems between the hotel and credit card company not having setled this yet.

Again I do apologize but we can only see that we have kept our promises and reimbursed accordingly.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a basic marriott business hotel It is close to the metro and about a 20 minute walk to the old town, so although not in the hub of things its still not a bad option for Stockholm.

Our double room was medium sized, modern and clean as one would expect from a Marriott.

There isn't really a concierge service but staff were helpful when we asked for suggestions. If you arrive late and need to eat there is no room service but there is a 24 hour 7-11 opposite which serves (very) surprisingly good sandwiches!

As a tourist I would prefer to stay more central but if that isn't possible then this is still a good option

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Summer_bil
GeneralManagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope you will return also in the future and I hope you enjoy the service we can provide as a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel, so you do not mistake this for a full service Marriott which is a great other product. This is also why we limit our service and have no concierge service, room service or bell service. But hope you find us as a great alternative anyhow.
Most welcome back!

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Very clean rooms. Friendly staff. Delicious buffet breakfast.
The shower was very relaxing because you can graduate the amount of water. The tub was sparkling clean. The layout of the lobby is excellent for evening socializing. Fast, free
Wifi throughout the hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I visited for a business trip, three days in March 2014. This hotel was booked after a recommendation from a colleague. To summarise:
Location - OK 2.5/5. It's not centrally located or very near to any attractions, so if you want to walk and do site seeing I'd advise elssewhere, however this is a good business hotel! 20mins via taxi from the main airport.

Room and Amenities - Good 4/5. I travel alot on business and usually opt for the radisson blu or hilton style chains as their tried and tested hotels with the right comfort, amenties I need and good service. I can honestly say that this specific courtyard mariott was very good. A thoroughly well oiled operation with all the necessary options to make my stay pleasant for business and comfortable for a good trip. Good breakfast, wifi, tv, conference calling etc etc all available. Plus and I will come onto this later the staff are more than than happy to help you further if they can. My suite was large, not huge but of an adequate size with all the usual refinements you'd expect. It was also well designed and laid out, different from the typical euro boxes with cream walls etc. This hotel has better character. The only minor point I'd add is that the hotel doesnt have a room service option for the restaurant. This is the only minor point tbh, however the staff were happy to help where they could. I arrived late one evening and didnt fancy heading down for dinner. I went to the bar ordered and the guy rang me 20mins later when it was plated up and ready to take to my room, he was even waiting at the bottom elevator as I arrived and helped me! Great!

Service - Excellent 5/5. All the staff I came across were polite and curteous with smiles all round. All talkative and no job was too much for them. I wont go into specifics but I had a few requests, all which were carried out in full with smiles by the excellent staff. The staff are the best assets to this hotel.

I will be returning and I would happily recommend this hotel to colleagues, friends and family. The only improvement I'd suggest would be the addition of room service! Thank you!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bikrumjit P

Thank you so much!
So happy to read about your experience with us and all the nice worgs about my staff. They are all fantastsic. I agree!
Room Service is not available as this is not a service provided at Courtyard by Marriott Hotels as a standfrad. This is also why we have worked around this in the possibility to order a tray, ready to go.
Hope you enjoyed your meal, and most welcome back with us!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

N59°19.873' E18°1.270' On the downside this is an off-centre hotel in Stockholm (not in the old town - Gamla Stan, nor in the city centre - Norrmalm). Free Wi-Fi reception was intermittent (lousy iPhone) and the radio presenters from my local radio stations suddenly spoke Swedish. But everything else was near perfect. I repeat near perfect.

Before arriving at Arlanda airport, we looked at the many transport options to the Marriott Courtyard Kungsholmen. The Arlanda Express train is very expensive: 2 return tickets for 980 SEK. Airport coach (Flygbussarna or Swebus) return tickets for 2 persons cost 399 SEK. We choose the Stockholm commuter train J38, pendeltåg, to Stockholm. We bought at de front desk in SkyCity between terminal 4 and 5 on Arlanda airport 2 SL access travel cards for 72 hours for 500 SEK. This gave us unlimited access for 72 hours to public transport throughout the county, including commuter trains, underground trains, busses, trams and the Djurgården ferries between Slussen and Djurgården.

To reach the Marriott Courtyard Kungsholmen hotel, take at Arlanda C train station the SL pendeltåg train J38 to Älvsjö. Get off at Karlberg station and walk 400 meters to the underground station T-St Eriksplan. Take there the underground train to Thorildsplan. Existing the underground station, you’ll see the hotel in the distance. The T-bana connects you in a few minutes with the center of the city and runs 24 hours.

The Marriott Courtyard Kungsholmen is a high-rise hotel with 278 rooms in modern architectural style, build in 2010. Our room 906 in May 2013 was spacious (26 m2) with an excellent bed. The bathroom had no bath but a very nice shower. Breakfast was served in the hotel’s Bjork Bar & Grill restaurant on the ground floor and offered an excellent choice of English and Continental breakfast with cereals, bread and pastries. Enjoyable. We paid 121 euro per night, which is average for Stockholm.

The friendly reception staff helped us with restaurant reservations en tips on visiting the city. They made us feel like honoured guests. If you are looking for an affordable hotel in Stockholm, consider the excellent Marriott Courtyard Kungsholmen. The T-bana connects you in minutes with the city centre.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple