“Very good but hence it seems to attract holiday groups”

Park Inn by Radisson Stockholm Hammarby Sjostad
Ranked #30 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here for about 3 days last year and was the best deal we could get for a last minute booking when we were still looking for good hotels at good prices. The reception was very warm and efficient and got us a spare bed for our child pretty quickly. The view was nice and we got a good feel of the Swedish mountains. The room was done up in a modern way and the bathrooms also had good, solid fittings and reasonable space. The breakfast area was nicely done up, looked very modern and yet minimalistic, as could be expected in the Nordics. The tram stop to the city was very close and it was very easy to get around Stockholm by staying here. The reception staff was also very lively in helping us with directions to get around and they even suggested spots which our child would enjoy as Junibakken and Skansen.

The only point which concerned us a bit was that they seem to attract the big holiday groups - one such group showed up on our second day of stay here and that meant the reception area and the breakfast restaurant got quite clogged and I think the hotel needs to plan for extra staffing during such times of peak demand. I like to be quiet during vacations, away from the maddening crowds and I realised that big hotels with good facilities and good deals actually attract such groups so I think the only way the hotel can cater to similar travellers as me is to manage such crowds well - I could feel the staff getting quite stretched out but they still tried their best to stay cool.

Overall, we still felt good about going there and may go again.

Room Tip: Please ask for rooms with views of the mountain.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 July 2013

An excellent hotel in an excellent city! I found most of the reviews very underwhelming but I was pleasantly surprised when I visited this hotel. It is located in a very nice, new and quiet residential neighborhood 20 minutes from the city centre. It is very cheap compared to other hotels in the centre but the service, the rooms and breakfast are excellent. The rooms also have amazing views and they are very trendy. The staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. I think it was the best choice rather than an expensive hotel in the city centre. After all I got to see the amazing high standard of living in Stockholm, making it more depressing leaving Stockholm!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Good hotel if you're on a budget. My three favourite things about the hotel were the amazing shower in the room (although not a fan of the wet room bathroom), the rooftop gym with beautiful views over the city and the free breakfast which is a huge positive and saved us a lot of money when visiting stockholm.

The hotel is in residential area,about20 minutes outside of central stockholm. I would have liked it to have been more central but then we would have to have paid a higher rate, I followed the directions to the hotel using directions given in previous tripadvisor reviews which were really helpful (thank you!). You can also get a boat from hammarby directly to djurgaarden for 45sek (15 mins) - ask reception for details - which saved some time and was a different way to travel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank amazingmuppet
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed here as a part of a 10-day trip to Norway and Sweden. It was one of those modern, "different" no frills urban hotels that cater to groups and professionals, but we were fine as a family. its in a newly developing part of stolkholm, and it was a short drive to the attractions, and an itailian restaurant opened up the day we went there just down the street and it was excellent. Breakfast was good and while the groups were a bit loud, there was plenty of food and no lines. The shower was weirdly constructed, so you have to adjust water to avoid flooding.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in June 2013 while visiting a local company. The hotel is modern and the rooms decent, very minimalist but comfy.

Hammarby is now a nice (but quite quiet) residential neighbourhood, with a pleasant waterfront, cafes and restaurants. It is relatively close to central Stockholm, but if you intend spending time in the City centre you'll want to take a cab. There is a ferry, or the tram (and then Metro) but that might not suit some.

The rbg restaurant is excellent for breakfast with a really good selection of food, self service. I ate twice in the evening, and while the food is good, I think the service is slow. They just aren't attentive enough (and I'm a Brit, prepared to give the benefit of the doubt). I did mention my feelings to the hotel, who were very open to my comments, so they might take heed!

Overall, a good place to be based, especially if you are travelling on business to a company in one of the converted warehouses 10 minutes walk away.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room in the tower, those facing the city have good views across the water into Stockh...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank alexander_lakey
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Hotel is located rather far from the city center, but then there is a park with a ski slope nearby, a lot of nature and fresh air. I`ve been there in winter, however think that in summer time, when there is a lot of greenery, the scenery must be even more picturesque. Hotel is large and high. I stayed on one of the upper floors. Room was clean, with comfortable beds. Window spread over the whole wall, but it was sealed and could not be opened. For this reason it was impossible to air the room though it was not hot in January. On the top floor of the hotel are located gym and sauna. The sauna has a window also over the whole wall with a stunning view over the park and the slope. On some of the hotel`s floors were located shoe cleaning machines, that was essential for January wet weather. It is worth noting a rich and varied breakfast. Everything were delicious. Especially I liked Swedish herring in sauce. As a whole I liked the hotel very much and can recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stay two nights with my family of 4. (Two teenagers) and the rooms was nice size. View from the 13 floor was great. Check-in was easy and we had no issues with the room being pre-paid. We paid for the breakfast and it was good. Cheaper than going somewhere to eat near Gamla Stan (very expensive). Good price hotel for Stockholm and easy to get to.
From central station take the green line to Gullmarplan get off the metro walk over to the tram stop. (30 second) Take the tram line toward Sickla udde.. Get off at Sickla Kaj… when you get off the tram walk to the right (toward the traffic circle) There is a MAX burger restaurant on the corner. Turn left. Park Inn is less than 3 min walk to the front door.
Only issue was with dinner. There was only 1 cook on duty and he did not want to work. We decide to order at the hotel since the most of the day walking around sightseeing. The waiter took our order quickly and told us the wait was going to long because they only had one cook. After one hour he had not even put the hamburgers on the grill. (There were only 4 people in the restaurants. The head waitress kept screaming at him but he moved even slower. I finish my beer and told them forget it. We went to MAX burger and paid half the price and got our food in 8 minutes.

Room Tip: hotel in great location near metro but we did not find any nice restaurant to eat at. Ask the front...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family