“Great stay out of centre”

Park Inn by Radisson Stockholm Hammarby Sjostad
Ranked #31 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reading,UK
“Great stay out of centre”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here as part of a RC pre cruise package begin of July. I would say that for getting to the cruise terminal it wasn't the best place to stay, but then I don't think getting on a whole to the cruise terminal is the best, but the hotel helped arrange a taxi at a cost of 275kr(£24) . The trip would be possible by bus & 2/3 metro from hotel and then a mile walk and with suitcases not a great idea!
But that should take nothing away from the hotel! Its a great hotel and about 20mins from central station on the metro and then bus(or tram when its up and running) Theres a Lidl , coop, Max burger and other eating places all just outside hotel. The hotel was very clean,breakfast was plentiful, the wifi was really good,also it was very quiet in the hotel even with all the guests. And the view from the viewing point is great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank smurfy3msl1
Park_Inn_Hammarby, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Stockholm Hammarby Sjostad, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Smurfy,

Thank you for your visit and kind words about our hotel! I hope you enjoyed Stockholm as well as your cruise on the Baltic Sea.

We wish you a lovely summer and hope to see you again soon at Park Inn by Radisson Stockholm Hammarby Sjöstad.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sarpsborg, Norway
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed at the Park Inn Hammarby Sjöstad from July 10 to July 14. Arrived with train at Stockholm centralstation and took the Tunnelbana to Gullmarksplan and then Tvärrbanan til Sickla Kaj.

The trip from the centralstation is about 20 minutes. The hotel is as you can understand a bit outside the center of Stockholm, but you can walk here in about 60 minutes. I tried that one day and there are easy access all the way for pedestrians.

I stayed in room 414 with a vies over the skislopes. I saw a lot of people walking up the hill, but it was not time for to do the hike this year.

Check in was very smooth, with serviceminded employees working at the check in. The room was light and fresh and the bathroom had a shower head. I like that, I have never been very well into the bath-tubs in all hotel-rooms:-) But everyone is entitled to their own opion.

Breakfast was served from 7 til 11, I think, when I stayed at the hotel. They had a good variation of warm and cold food. Just a great a variation as I would like.

Check out also went smooth and I would stay at this hotel again when I come back to Stockholm in the future.

The area surrounding the hotel is new, and there is quite a few restaurants in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Park_Inn_Hammarby, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Stockholm Hammarby Sjostad, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Lars,

Thank you for staying with us and for your nice 5* review!
Please let me know when you are up for your next visit and we'll be happy to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson Stockholm Hammarby Sjöstad.

I wish you a nice summer!
Skanör, Sweden
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A Clean hotel with a polite staff. In a relaxed setting. Easy to comute into the central city of Stockholm. Living up to a good standard. Perfect for a family stay. The interior design was completed with lots of art on the walls.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Ulf,

Thank you for staying with us and your kind words about our hotel!
I wish you a nice summer and we hope that we'll have the chance to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson Stockholm Hammarby Sjöstad.

Director of Sale
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had initial concerns that the location may have been to far away from the city centre, but once there it was not a problem even for the kids. The breakfasts are excellent, the food choice and variety was immense, everyone enjoyed it. The room where simple, clean and the views were great. The local area is great for kids and locals were friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Park_Inn_Hammarby, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Stockholm Hammarby Sjostad, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Steven,

Thank you for visiting Park Inn by Radisson and your kind words about our hotel.
I hope we'll able to welcome you back to Stockholm.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel 5nights.
Firstly I was afraid the convenience (transportation to the city etc.)but no problem.
The surrounding is near the hill with skiing field and many people run around the hill.
where we can enjoy a nice scenery of the city from the top.
If you have a chance to stay at this hotel I strictly recommend you to climb the hill.
There is a very easy route to the top.
You can get the information from a receptionist of the hotel.
We can get Gamla Stan about 15min. From the hotel using a tram and metro.
You'd enjoy friendly staff and quiet stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Park_Inn_Hammarby, Receptionschef at Park Inn by Radisson Stockholm Hammarby Sjostad, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Hideo K,
Thank you so much for your nice comments about the hotel. We agree that the walk to the top of the skislope is well worth it when you see how nice the view is.
We hope to see you soon again,

Kind regards
Lina Eriksson
Rooms Division Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We recently returned from Europe and had 5 nights at this hotel. The staff was so friendly and helpful, especially Madelene who works at the front desk. She was quick to help me when I thought I had left my purse at Skansen Open Air Museum. She made phone calls and was concerned and very helpful. Luckily, we found it at a local restaurant. She gave us instructions on transportation to the cruise ports and other helpful info. The hotel breakfast was great and it is located in a nice little community with lots of young families. The price was fair considering we were in Stockholm, one of the more expensive cities of the world. The Metro was around the corner and made it so easy to get around Stockholm. Stockholm was great, so much to see and do! Would love to explore more of Stockholm!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Park_Inn_Hammarby, Hotelldirektör at Park Inn by Radisson Stockholm Hammarby Sjostad, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Lori,
Thank you for your nice words about our hotel and staff, especially Madelene, she was delighted about your comments.

Thank you for staying at the Park Inn by Radisson.
Kind regards
Hans Bogner
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had a business trip to Sweden, and stayed here. Upon checkin, they bumped me up to the top floor and I received a suite. It was a great room with modern features, a good view of the ski hill. The hotel was located perfectly and I was able to walk along the water to get to my customer's business location. Additionally, it's a quick cab ride to other parts of town.

The hotel bar was nice, the rooms were clean. The only downside is that the hotel is priced rather high, but honestly, not much more than any other major city. Overall, I loved this place, they had fantastic staff, a great breakfast, and overall, just made my visit to Sweden great. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mike D,
It made me proud when I read your comments about our hotel and our staff.
We cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you for staying at the Park Inn by Radisson,