“petit by name”
Review of Rex Petit

Rex Petit
Ranked #6 of 35 Stockholm B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed here earlier in the year travelling alone on business. The hotel's location was good for me as it was close to all the Ostermalm attractions being only 5-10 minutes walk for Stureplan. The breakfast was good and it is a tidy, clean building, but the rooms really are tiny and I would not recommend choosing this hotel if you intended to stay for longer than a couple of days. I don't particularly like to live out of my suitcase but you have no other choice here and my 4 night stay was difficult due to lack of storage space for clothes, toiletries, and luggage in general. Despite the bed being a double, it would certainly be uncomfortable to share the room for anything other than sleeping.

If you are on a tight budget and are visiting for just a couple of days, then it makes sense. Otherwise, I would avoid.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank C17YHL

Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Nice little hotel. Staff were friendly & helpful. All spoke English.
We had a basement room with shared bathroom. Room was ok.. A little small and as stated when we booked had no windows-maybe not for those who are claustrophobic! At times little bits of brick from roof would fall on us-little worrying!
Shared bathroom - toilet had "running" issues, but it was clean. Shower fine.
Breakfast had great selection & nice area to enjoy.
Location isn't too bad. 20min walk to Old Town etc however hotel is located near metro.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 21 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Rex petit is a small hotel in the basement of the larger Rex hotel, both share the same reception. Rooms are very small but have a good TV and bathroom inside. I would recommend this to anyone staying a few days in Stockholm on a budget. Staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We have just recently returned from staying at this hotel for a 3 night break. Yes the cabin rooms are small but they have everything you might need for a short break. The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable, the bathroom is compact and has a good shower with plenty of hot water. When we checked in we were walmy welcomed, the staff are all very friendly and helpful, they even loaned me an umberella as when i arrived it was a wet afternoon. In the reception you can help yourself to free tea and coffee. Breakfast was served in a nice light spacious room with great breads,hams.cheeses and cereals.The food was always fresh and tasted great. The location of the hotel is perfect very close to public transport or you can walk into town in about 15 mins. I would definatly use this hotel again when we return to Stockholm.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank holsmanDoncaster
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I spent one night in this hotel during my most recent business trip to Stockholm and was disappointed to find how small and uncomfortable the room is. Though the hotel is only a few minutes away from a T-Bana station and a mere 20 minutes walk from the center, the rooms are akin to those you will find in a hostel: in the basement, with bunk beds, no windows and a bathroom so tiny that it made me feel very claustrophobic. I traveled in the winter and needed a place to hang my winter coat, arrange my scarf and winter boots. With only one plastic hanger, the upper bunk bed ended up serving as the storage space. A winding staircase and a room key that wasn't functioning properly did not make access to the room any easier. I didn't get much sleep and throughout the night kept waking up at night, bumping my head. On the brighter side, the bed sheets were impeccably clean and breakfast with a view of the terrace made up for a sleepless night: a wonderful selection of breads, crackers, cheeses, jams, coffee and tea. A fresh copy of International Herald Tribune almost brought a smile on my face, if not for all the drawbacks. And although I am writing this review two months after the initial trip, I still wonder to this day why Rex Petit has a ranking of a two stars' hotel. A hostel ranking would be less misleading.

Room Tip: There is another hotel right across from Rex Petit, under the same family. Paying a bit extra will n...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dboyarch
Matilda S, Manager at Rex Petit, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear dboyarch,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and appreciate your kind words.

Rex Petit is classified by the Swedish Hotels Association with the standards following the European Union classification body, called EuroStar. The hotel is classified as a two star hotel, meaning that the rooms are considerably smaller, hence the price. Besides filling the criteria’s of a two star hotel, in Rex Petit we offer facilities of a 3 star hotel, including front desk service, breakfast, international newspapers and free coffee/the, etc. We always make sure to inform our guests of the size of the rooms as well as the fact that they do not have a window at the time of the reservation.

You are welcome back to our hotels at any time! Maybe during you next visit you can stay at our three star property, Rex Hotel, where the rooms are more spacious and all have windows.

Per Hellsten