“Walked out after one night”
Review of Belman Hostel

Belman Hostel
Belman Hostel
london
“Walked out after one night”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I had booked two nights at this hostel, but walked out after one even though I had paid. My room had four bunkbeds with no other furniture, no windows and nowhere to store luggage. When I asked for a key to the room I was told one was not available because I was not the sole occupier of the room and there were not enough to go round. There also was no key system on the front door, and at 11:30pm I was able to freely walk into the hostel, past the closed reception and into my room. This room was also next to the communal kitchen and the noisy showers. When explaining to the man on reception why I was leaving I was told that I should have said something earlier and that I would not be refunded.
I would not recommend this hostel to anyone!!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Abstables

• Polish first
Dortmund, Germany
Reviewed 10 May 2011

It was a wonderful time. Nice rooms with windows (!), clean, the boss there is very nice and helpful. The common room is a good place to eat, hang out and meet fun people. The showers are good as well. The price is appropriate (especially for Stockholm). I really enjoyed the cozy and friendly atmoshpere in this hostel, that made it a fun trip!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Vilnius
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Good location (3 metro st. from center, or 30 min walk ), quiet and safe neighborhood. Clean. Friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Belman hostel is a private hostel run by a service-minded host.

Located on a peaceful street less than 10 minutes by subway from the main hub T-Centralen, Belman hostel is perfect for someone looking for a place to stay during his/her visit in Stockholm.

The hostel features comfortable beds and clean amenities.

A grocery store is reached in a couple of minutes walk from the front door.

I would recommend this hostel to my friends.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Stayed at this hostel on a very busy weekend. We were given the room just off the common area which was really inconvenient since some other very annoying people kept on chatting until 2 or 3 am and we could pretty much hear everything. The bathrooms were filthy, the man at reception was very slow and almost rude. To top it all I witnessed the same person getting physical to some guests (I notice they posted a review as well...) which is not something I particularly want to see when I'm on holidays and trying to relax. I was about to call the police and perhaps I should have. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank notmeplease

Travellers are raving about these Stockholm hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We had the worst hostel experience staying at Belman Hostel. We arrived at Belman Hostel late to find the hostel had been overbooked and had given our beds away. After much arguing the manager decided to give my wife a bed in a female dorm, and I had to sleep in the kitchen with 3 or so other guests who also booked online. In the morning we explained to the hostel manager that after the experience last night we had no intention of staying any longer (even though we had booked for 3 nights online), and that we were only willing to pay for 1 bed last night. The manager got aggressive and tried to get us to pay for the 2 beds for the night we stayed and for the following night. We calmly explained that we weren't willing to pay for sleeping in the kitchen or the extra night. He then got really agressive and tried to lock us in the hostel. We tried to make our way through the door before he locked it and he started to block my way. We kept trying to make our way out but he kept pushing and being aggressive. We finally got out of the door, even though he was still forcing us not to leave. Once outside the pushing and shoving continued. Then the hostel manager picked up a plank of wood off the ground and chased me. We then ran. When a security guard drove by for an unrelated reason he dropped the plank of wood. After some discussion we left.

After checking our internet banking a few days later we noticed that he had taken the extra money anyway. We were very shaken up with the experience and would never recommend this hostel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple