“Marvelous”

Ranked #65 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Istanbul, Turkey
“Marvelous”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Everything's awesome about the hotel! There's no bad thing about it at all! Location, rooms, staff and of course breakfast! So good! Better and better than I expected! It can't be better than this! Thank you so much Connect Hotel City! Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Selin93
ConnectCity, Manager at Connect Hotel City, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Selin93,
Thanks for your nice comments.
I am happy to read that you like the hotel and my staff.

welcome back to Connect Hotel City next time you are in Stockholm

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 9 May 2014

For a 'budget' hotel this was very clean, modern and stylish. Our beds in the twin room were comfortable, if a little narrow. Bathroom was spotless and high quality. Extensive buffet breakfast, including a magic tap that dispenses five different drinks that you select on a touch screen!! Only criticism of breakfast was that when we went down at 08:30 the room was full and we had to wait with our trays for a couple of minutes before a table became free - there was plenty of room to install more tables, but I'm guessing it was just exceptionally busy those two days and it isn't normally a problem. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and their English was (needless to say for Sweden) of a very high standard. Good lounge/bar area with a wide selection of drinks at reasonable prices. Will definitely stay here again when I'm next in Stockholm.

Room Tip: Ask for floor 2 or above (for Americans that's the 3rd floor) as there's a depot below some...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Carin123600, Chef at Connect Hotel City, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
total_walker,
Thanks you for your comments
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Sometimes when we have many guests, it can get crowded at breakfast, I´m sorry to keep you waiting for a free table.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Connect Hotels soon again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I booked this for our scandinavian trip. Stockholm Stop
Room was small most likely for 1 person although i paid for double but hey less than 100 euro a night I know what i paid for and was getting.
Checkin was 3PM but we arrived early as our Viking line boat arrived in Stockholm around 10am.
We were promptly checked in when we arrived which was around 12-1PM.
Back from our city tour in the afternoon we were able to borrow some euro USB plug for our phones the nice girl at reception was easy to talk to. My wife actually wanted to get her facebook but she forgot we really liked her didn't get her name.
Overall we enjoyed our 1 night in Stockholm and for a budget hotel Connect City delivers I'd say better than the Absalon in Denmark which we was our next stop after Sweden.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Carin123600, Chef at Connect Hotel City, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your nice comments.

I 'm glad you and your wife felt very well taken care of from my staff and that you had a pleasant stay during your short visit in Stockholm

Welcom back to Connect Hotels on your next visit!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed here for one night and was quite happy with this hotel. The lobby and staff were welcoming and rooms were big and clean. The beds were comfortable however rather than a double, it was two singles pushed together but this didn't really bother me. The bathroom (maybe slightly compact) had a large shower and looked nice and modern. Although there was no free internet in the rooms, you could access free wifi in the lobby. There was also a nice italian restaurant practically next door. Overall, I enjoyed my short stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank SarahL8732
Carin123600, Chef at Connect Hotel City, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Sarah,

Thank for taking the time to put your comments here on Tripadvisor
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your short stay at Connect Hotels.
Glad you enjoy our rooms and that you were satisfied with the restaurant visit

Looking forward to welcome you back to Connect Hotels soon again.

Menfi, Italy
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The building is new and everything inside is new and stylish. Super clean. Big room, big bathroom with comfortable shower-box. Breakfast was good, standard for 3 stars (but no salmon, no herrings, unfortunately).
Bad things: no free WiFi from the room (you need to pay extra and it's not cheap; from the hall it's free). A little bit out of the beaten tracks: 20 min to reach the central station and more for Gamla stan.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Antonio_best
Carin123600, Chef at Connect Hotel City, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Antonio,
Thank you for your feedback!
I am pleased to read that enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you to Connect Hotels soon again.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, Great location, Very friendly staff, Good tv with no locks on the ports ( like they do in most 5 star hotels ) so you can plug your playstation, raspberry pi etc in ... Only downside was the internet fee and speed, but the staff sometime wave that and/or give you extra codes free when you use multiple devices. Hotel was very busy when I was there so during peek hours I would only get around 40-60KBps.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank image28
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The location
Tucked onto a side street, it seems out of the way but is actually convenient for a stroll along the water, a nice walk into town or easy access to the "T" subway. Restaurants nearby as well as a small shopping mall with grocer.

The hotel
Check in was brisk and staff always pleasant. The lobby is large (for a smallish hotel) and comfortable with stylish modern furnishings and an all glass facade that lets you view passersby. There are stacks of books, magazines (mags are Swedish, FYI) and a computer terminal. In the morning, on the other side of the library wall is a dining area for the buffet breakfast. Some of the rooms are quite small so the lobby is a good place to relax.
The staff with whom I came into contact was consistently nice, helpful (even planned a walk for me) and available. As guests spread out in the lobby for morning breakfast, one of the dining staff circulated the whole area offering seconds on coffee AND a big good morning smile. It was quite nice.

The room
Simple aesthetic, very clean. Think sturdy IKEA. Laminate hardwood floors that were very nice (though a little noisy from the upstairs neighbor when they arrived late one night). The lighting was fairly good. Electric plugs are an issue (see "issues" below) The bed was quite comfortable. No closet but there is a hanging rack and shelves. Still, I lived from the suitcase for my four days.
This was a corner room with ensuite bathroom and was compact but not claustrophobic.

The bathroom
Basic but decent with two windows. This would be nice for light but had to be adjusted carefully as there are offices across the street and they may not appreciate your morning routine (nor you appreciate sharing it) It was actually a rather large space considering the smaller scale of the rooms and had heated towel bars, always a nice thing. The mirror light was ineffectually placed behind your head, I moved the desk lamp to the counter, not the safest alternative but the only one if you need more light. The shower was good with decent water pressure and quick to heat up.

Some issues - lots of odd little quirks...
I must note there is a serious lack of electrical outlets. I counted two. One by the entrance door and the other in the bathroom (into which the desk light was plugged.) By the door was too far to recharge anything (and no table under it to place things) and you lost use of the desk light if plugged into the bathroom. A simple power strip could help this. I don't think, in my jet-lagged state, that I missed any.

No in-room phone! Granted, practically everyone has a mobile, however, you had no way to contact the front desk for a request, or in an emergency. This seems a huge misstep in safety and security.

No coffee machine/water kettle in the rooms. But then, there would be no place to plug them in...

A dressing mirror was non-existent though there were two screws in the wall where it may have been.

The impression
Overall, a good stay. Cleanliness and comfort are key and both those marks were hit. It is convenient and the subway is nearby and easy to use.

Room Tip: If you're a very light sleeper, try for a room on an upper floor, though there are only a few le...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business