“More 4 and a half”

Ranked #19 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Oak Park, Illinois
“More 4 and a half”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

The only reason I wouldn't give 5 stars was just the room size, which is as most people have said is a bit on the small side. Otherwise, I was incredibly impressed with the staff, I thought the breakfast was quite good, and the beds were very nice. Oh, and location couldn't have been better. Funny reading the reviews because I thought I was the only one who noticed how attractive the staff were. Also, the business travelers/guests, as well as most people we saw in Stockholm, were very good looking and stylish.

But more importantly, coming from the US, this was our first hotel on the trip and it was so great to have such helpful, friendly people guiding us in their country. I would highly recommend the Nobis Hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This hotel is in a great location for shops and restaurants. Very stylish. The rooms are on the small side but well finished, nice bathrooms and a really comfortable bed.

I wasn’t overly impressed with the breakfast, good selection of fruit and cold meats but the hot dishes were not as good as they could be.

We needed the use of a conference phone as soon as we arrived and the staff arranged that very quickly. Generally the staff were professional and friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Murray007
Sweden
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Great location in the very center of Stockholm, close walking distance to shopping and cultural attractions.

The most amazing thing about this hotel was the beds and the bedding. Going to bed was like sinking into a big hug... The Dux bed was quite firm, but it had real down duvets and down pillows, all soft and fluffy like cotton candy. And the linen was cool and crisp, out of the ordinary. Definitely best hotel bedding I have ever slept in.

The whole hotel and the guest rooms are very stylish. Our bathroom was gigantic and all covered with new, clean, white marble. A masterpiece. The room also had a tailor made cupboard which was exquisite. The atmosphere of the room was minimalistic and elegant, however a bit boring.

Also the breakfast was out of the ordinary. Not a giant selection, but delicious. There was goat yoghurt, freshly baked scones and croissants, pancakes, sourdough bread, nice cheese, organic butter, fresh fruit juices and more. Everything organic.

Finally the toiletries from Byredo Parfums are fantastic. Mayby I must soon book another stay, cause my bottles are starting to run out.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
HotelNobis, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Hi Swedesara !
And thank you so much for your review ! We're always happy to hear from our customers and of course especially if their posts are full of compliments, like yours.
I gathered from your review that you were running short on the Byredo products you nicked from the bathroom, so why don't you send us your address so I can send you some refills ? Mail me under oliver@nobishotel.com
It was a pleasure having you here and do come back soon !
Yours always,

Nobis Hotel
seoul
Reviewed 12 September 2011

located in central stokholm
provides good breakfast in hotel restaurant
kind staff and good gym facilities
free wifi internet

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank drwSeoul
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Nobis is in an excellent location, an extremely trendy hotel with a hip atmosphere, award-winning design, and extremely helpful staff. The room was a bit more spartan than I expected. I knew it was going to be hip and Scandinavian, but I just expected a little something more. Somethings were well designed, but not very good functionally. Another reviewer has already mentioned the fancy cover over the sink. The stream of water from the faucet has to be aimed exactly into one of the holes or the water sprays all over the bathroom. You can't get the water to come out with any pressure without it spraying all over the bathroom.

As one of the previous reviewers has noted, if you're in one of the rooms facing the street, it can get very noisy. My room faced Berns, a club across the park from the Nobis. On the Saturday night I was there, there was a concert/music until 4 or 5am. If I had to do it all over again, I would request a room facing the inside courtyard.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. The staff were excellent, always willing to help and go the extra mile. The buffet breakfast was very good and had its share of local touches. The hotel is in a great location, easy to walk to many of the major attractions, about 10-15 minutes from Gamla Stan, about a half an hour to the Vasa Museum. If you take the Arlanda Express in from the airport, the hotel is a ten minute walk from the train station.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Despite specifically asking if our room was a quiet room when we checked in we were put in room 101 directly above the entrance lobby and outside bar area. It was really really noisy until after two in the morning. I dont mind normal city noises but this was totally ridiculous. I could hear the music from the lobby and doors slamming shut along with normal bar noise. The following morning the receptionist seemed suprised it was noisy.....yeah right! He did however, let me know that had I not paid in advance he would have refunded me the cost of the room..... errr... not sure how that was meant to make me feel better.... However, although we were not offered any actual real compensation we were moved to a nice quiet room on the fourth floor for our second and third night. I am sure the hotel knows that some of its rooms are incredibly noisy. They need to either tell people or sort out some soundproofing.
Otherwise the hotel is in a super location and is super trendy. The breakfast room is too small but not too much of an issue. The rest the comments in tripadvisor give you a good idea of the pro's and con's of the hotel.

Room Tip: dont take a room on the first floor especially those at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jane j
HotelNobis, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Hi Jane J,

"grrr...", that's what I thought as well when I read your review. This was completely our mistake, since you had clearly requested to be allocated a quiet room, and I can only apologize for the clumsy handling from our end.
Glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, location an decor of our little palace, and do let me know when you are in town again, so I can make sure we upgrade you to a very very quiet room and take extra good care of you.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts !

Best Regards
Oliver
oliver@nobishotel.com
Madrid
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This is the coolest hotel in Stockholm nowadays. Two renewed classic buildings in the cool heart of the city. Lounge in awesome, and the buildings too. Standard rooms are small, and have just the correct things you need. There is not coffeemaker, and I miss some details that make a hotel a five starts. Breakfast is just correct, poor variety, and staff in reception is cool young people that try to help you in all your needs.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple