Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The King's Garden(Stockholm)
  • Restaurant
Scandic Anglais(Stockholm)
1,537 results
All reviewsgold bargreat locationoverlooking the squarebeautiful hotelfive star hotelsuperior roomnice barcentral locationlounge arearooms are smallshopping areaquiet roomold townrestaurants and barsgamla stanlong weekendvasa museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I recommend Nobis Hotel Stockholm as the best place to stay. Its in a very convenient location with excellent facilities and faultless staff. We had particular requests that were dealt with immediately and courteously. I can only praise all aspects of this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2012

My first time here, just for one night on a business trip. Good central location, whether for shops, business or for catching a tour boat. Very trendy (in truth, a bit too trendy for my needs, but that's fine), with the friendliest staff I have met for a while. The 2 guys on reception were very helpful at check-in, while the staff in the ground floor bistro struck the right balance between relaxed and attentive. Also, while the menu in the bistro is not that extensive, the food was very nice.

I can't comment on price - I was on a company rate and, anyway, everything in Stockholm seemed expensive to me.

The only negative was the rooms. Very neat, clean, new, etc, but the room I was given was the smallest I have seen in recent memory. I'm not sure of the official category of room my company had booked for me, but it was stunningly small (room 566). Even in cities that are famous for space being at a premium (NY, Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc), I've had much bigger rooms than this. In the attached picture, you're looking at the entire room, viewed from the threshold. When I asked if all rooms were this size, I didn't get a clear answer, but without fuss I was immediately moved to another room, which was much bigger and very nice indeed (room 556). Unfortunately, this room was right next to the lift - the whole room shook every time the lift stopped on our floor - but if you don't mind that, it's very nice. If you do mind that, room 556 is a good reference point for a nicely sized, nicely appointed room.

From a business perspective, all the necessary facilities, including free wifi, with decent speeds.

All in all, a great place to stay, especially if you like to be trendy. Great staff too.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Hotel is located right in the middle of the action, whether that means shopping, entertainment (with a very nice lobby bar right in the hotel) museums or boat excursions to the archipelago. Rooms are nordic style furnished, not overly large, but with everything you need to make your stay comfortable on this recently inaugurated hotel. Worth a stay, even more so if you are able to catch a special rate.

Room Tip: 5th floor clearly beats 6th floor, as not all elevators reach 6th floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed in Nobis for the last week end of December 2011.

First of all, the situation of the place is perfect to start any of the city tour by walking... Whether you want to go shopping, visiting, or just walking.

We had 2 fantastic superior rooms facing the nice square. Rooms 355 and 357 are next the big clock you can see from outside, so we were happy to be at the ideal floor and situation in the building to overlook the town.

We travel a lot and are used to 4 to 5 star places that have a very strong reputation. Nobis is a fair place, elegant and cosy, ideal for a stay if you are a couple (straight or gay), friends, and even family.

Some positives things :
- Breakfast is great !! a wide choice of nice food, very green and bio blablah stuff, but it's nice to start the day with

- The Staff is just very kind and helpful. The excellent concierge Christian Dyhlén booked all the restaurants for us before we arrived and I found it very helpfull to have someone to rely on.

- Shopping around the building is just perfect. go round the Nobis, and you will find Acne, Marrimeko, and many supercool multi-brands stores, and design boutiques that are just a must see in town.

Some things to change :

- The Bathroom ameninites are not practical at all. No space to put your stuff, no heater for the towels....

- The closet. Our room was spacious and creating a normal dressing with space would have been a good idea. I shop a lot while traveling, and I need space for my clothes.

- NO SPA. How can a modern hotel (opened in 2010) cannot have a spa. The fitness with hammam and sauna is perfect though, but a Spa is something that cannot be ingnored in 2012. When I get out the plane, my first action at the hotel is to get a massage or any other treatment. We I know I could go to Sturebadet, but it's not in the comfort of the Nobis.

My conclusion is I would definitely go there another time, just for the perfect situation, the style of the place (a lot of supercool and stylish guests, the kind you meet in Paris during Fashion Week). We had a wonderful moment in Nobis, so thank you guys !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
O4000G, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear Emmanuelisaia,

thank you for your lovely words and all the energy you put into writing your review ! We are thrilled to hear you had such a great time, and Christian sends his regards too !
I noticed your comment about the shelf space in the bathrooms, and we have added
additional shelving to make sure all our guests can have their amenities at hand.
With regards to your remark about the spa, it is true that we don't operate a spa at the hotel. However, a quick question at the reception would have done the trick and you could have enjoyed a very relaxing massage in your room only moments after. We have a number of treatment professionals at hand and their massage tables are actually stored here at the hotel.
Sorry if we missed to inform you at check-in, and I promise we'll be ready for you on your next visit.
Thanks again and welcome back soon !
Oliver
Nobis Hotel
Let us know when you're coming back

Reviewed 20 December 2011

This Nobis hotel is situated in the city centre of Stockholm, when we arrived one of the receptionists was coming to welcome us and checked us in. The lobby is very nice decorated and when we arrived in our room (401) we where surprised. The bed is AWSOME with these knispering sheets and the bathroom was very clean en lovely products from Byredo to use. (I couldn't take them with me because I only carried hand luggage which is such a pity..!!!!!).

The guys at the reception where very friendly and booked our restaurant (Pa&CO) and even the guest list for club V was no problem.. BRAVOO!

Also the breakfast is a really good deal (175 SEK), with fresh bread, croissants, eggs, pancakes, fruits, yoghurts (normal/low fat/goat), Swedish newspapers ;) and I think 6 choices of fruit juices. The waitress was so nice and brought us a lovely cappuccino in the morning. Mjammie!

The first day we had lunch in the Italian lunchroom, which was very good as well!

I would recommend this hotel to everyone because of the high standard of service, situated at walking distance from all highlights and the good food.

Room Tip: we had city view (401)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
O4000G, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

Dear Elaise,

thank you very much for your kind words ! We're of course thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, but it's sad to hear you couldn't take some samples of our very lovely Byredo products with you.
Why don't you send me your home address to oliver@nobishotel.com, and I'll make sure you get a special delivery ;).
All the best for the holiday season !

Oliver