“This is the hotel you choose when visiting Stockholm!”
Review of Nobis Hotel

Nobis Hotel
Ranked #21 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Oslo, Norway
“This is the hotel you choose when visiting Stockholm!”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Location:
10 minutes away with taxi from central station. Walk through the main doors and you are in the middle of everything good in this part of town. Perfect!

Rooms:
Stayed 4 nights in a deluxe room. Minimalistic but nice interior, very retro scandinavian. Feels spacious and has a closet and hanging possibilities for your clothing. We got a room with park view, you can actually see another famous hotel, Berns. Which had one of the nights a concert going on, and made us crazy as the sound escalated during the evening. It felt like everything rattled, and for the last two nights we moved over to same type of room facing inner backyard. If you like looking out to the park, bring earplugs.

Service:
Very good service in general. Young staff, but attentive and polite. Helpful and understanding when we wanted to change room. Effective, little waitingtime check in and out. Breakfast delicious, highly recommended. Great bar, popular and crowded in the weekends.

Conclusion:
We would try to never stay in another hotel when coming back to Stockholm. Check out the deals on the hotels website, the prices can be a little steep, but it is all worth it. Prime location and very good service, makes this hotel the only real option for us!

Room Tip: Rooms facing backyard if you are a light sleeper! Deluxe rooms are spacious and great deal!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tallereid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I've stayed in Nobis for 4 nights during New Year's Eve with a group of friends and loved it.

The hotel is very well located in the middle of all attractions. You can walk anywhere even in the winter cold. The hotel is surrounded by the designer stores, bars, restaurants, museums and malls.

Its an old building with a unique atmosphere. The lobby and especially the indoor atrium was relaxing. All the staff is very friendly and well trained. The rooms are small in all levels. I ve stayed in the deluxe rooms which were acceptable but the single rooms are very very small.

I will definetly stay there again next time in Stockholm.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank meetjoeblack
London, England
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed for 1 night on a business trip. The hotel is in a very central location for shopping, restaurants & entertainment. The central station ( for the Arlanda Express to the airport,) is 10+ minutes walk away.
I rejected the first room allocated to me as it was directly opposite the heavy, noisy fire doors that separate the lift stair lobby from the room corridor. The room I took overlooked the internal courtyard to the lounge. If you are a light sleeper I would avoid these as there is noise from the music in the lounge until quite late. The decor is stylish Nordic with a variety of contemporary lamps & light fittings - it took some time to work out if you needed to push the button, tap the base or turn the knob to switch them all on.
Returning to the hotel in the evening the bar & lounge were packed with stylish Swedes so I decided on room service. There was a good choice & the salad & dessert I ordered were very
good and beautifully presented.
Breakfast room next morning was very busy and staff did not allocate me a table. After a circuit of the room I went back to the reception desk & asked for a table to be cleared.
I had lunch in the small bistro before leaving, a delicious soup.
In summary I'd say it's a nice hotel in a great location. & with good food. Best to specify a room location. Not ideal for business travel on your own but a lively, stylish place if travelling in a group.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2013

If you want to be in the heart of Stockholm this is the best place to be! The staff is wonderful a d very helpful! We let them Suprise us with dinner choices and had 2 of the most amazing dinners :) Shopping is literally steps out your door along with yummy places to eat and grab drinks!

• Stayed February 2013
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We were travelling in the Nordic countries last July and our last stop was at Hotel Nobis in Stockholm. It´s a hotel located in the heart of Stockholm in a beautiful old building. Everything looks great in Nobis. There is a great lobby bar that has a ceiling hight of 20 meters or something. Restaurants are trendy and the rooms are decorated with class. Everything is brand new. Nobis offers all the services that you can expect from a hotel of that caliber.

Sad thing is that the service does not match the beauty of the building. I had informed the hotel beforehand that we are on our honeymoon, and was hoping for a nice, peaceful room. Our room was ok, with a view to the square in front of the hotel. When we checked in, the only thing that we were told about the hotel was the location of elevators. Not a word mentioned of our honeymoon nor did they congratulate us. In all the other hotels that we stayed in during our honeymoon, all of them rememberd to congratulate us in some way. There were also a lot of problems in what was included in the price of our stay even though I had my reservation details printed out.

The final touch came in the morning upon check out. We had left our car in their parking garage and had asked the staff to pick it up for the morning the previous evening ( they have valet parking). In the morning when we went to check out, we found out that our car was not there. The receptionist was not informed about the pick up and he had to go and pick it up from the garage. We waited for about 20 minutes and then we had to rush through the city center of Stockholm to catch the ferry to Helsinki.

All in all, this hotel has all the facilities to become a top notch hotel, but the service was nowhere near high standards. Arrogant and sloppy are two words that come to my mind when thinking about the service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank MikkoR
istanbul
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very nice hotel, at a perfect location and equally well designed. Had no chance to have a dinner or breakfast but it has a super cool bar and a very talented barmen, Axel. Give try to cocktails and I would suggest Bloody Mary!

• Stayed January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The location of the Nobis is absolutely perfect and within walking distance of just about every major tourist or shopping location in Stockholm. The hotel is very well designed and trendy, and the staff were polite and helpful, especially at the front desk. My standard room was not particularly big but was not as small as I had expected and beautiful. The bed was incredibly comfortable. I read that some rooms overlook an interior courtyard so I was sure to request a city-facing room in advance, which I would definitely recommend doing. For a hotel of this quality, the price I paid was very reasonable. The only (minor) complaints I have were that there was no bathtub and that it took a long time for the hotel to come pick up my room service tray. That said, I would stay at the Nobis again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends