Nobis Hotel
    • Restaurant
    Scandic Anglais(Stockholm)
    Good 3.5/5
    1,537 results
    All reviewsgold bargreat locationoverlooking the squarebeautiful hotelfive star hotelsuperior roomnice barcentral locationlounge arearooms are smallshopping areaquiet roomold townrestaurants and barsgamla stanlong weekendvasa museum
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located, nice design of the main halls, good stuff, good bar, good breakfast... But the rooms are sooo small!! I had dbl with Quinn size bed, it was about 11 sq. m not more and I always rub the TV that was so close to bed... 30 cm not more)) I think I will stay again but I will be more careful with room choosing... Not standard dbl!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank Kat k
    Andreas C, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Kat K,
    Many thanks for your feedback! Pleased to see you enjoyed our public areas, breakfast and service! Our Standard Queen rooms are between 17-22 sqm with a 160cm bed so please do try out one of our bigger rooms at your next visit. We have beautiful Superior or Deluxe with a view towards either Norrmalmstorg Square or Berzelii Park.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was here for my first visit to Stockholm, the hotel was recommended by local colleagues. The first disappointment was having to drag my case up the exterior stairs myself with no sign of any staff to help. The reception area was beautiful, and staff warm and helpful and really lovely. The bar and lounge area is exquisite and the gym was fabulous and well equipped.. However the room let it all down. It was tiny, with just enough room to walk around the bed, and felt really cramped. I found out why they put ear plugs in the amenity kit when I went to bed and could hear the noise from the busy street outside. Breakfast was ok but I found the room dark and claustrophobic as there was no natural light and it was at lower ground level. Buffet food looked tired and there were no menus although I discovered you could order eggs from the waiting staff. I would stay here again but would go for a superior room as apparently these are bigger. The standard queen room I had was just too small.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room to make sure it's roomy and ask for a quiet room to avoid the traffic noise!
    • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank BizTravAnd

Dear guest,
    Thank you for your positive words in regards to our public spaces! The Lounge with its 28 meters ceiling height is very much the heart of the hotel! Apologies that one of our porters were not present to assist you with your bags up the steps at the entrance. I hope you return to us at your next Stockholm visit and perhaps try out a Superior, Deluxe or any of the other larger categories that we offer.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Very nice hotel but the there is no welcoming feeling. There is no porter to help with our luggage so we had to carry it in and up stairs our self. Checking in was quick and simple and we were given our key straight away.

We took a standard room, which was very nice, nice decoration, but it was very small. The beds are very soft, to soft for myself and my husband which gave us both back pain. We called them and asked them to make the bed harder. Usually in hotels they have a under sheet which can be different hardness. The told us no problem and they would sort it out for us. Once we got back to the room in the evening the bed was much better but once we looked under the mattress we couldn’t believe what they had done. They had taken two big piece of wooden board (different sizes) and overlapped them onto the bed. One side of the bed ended up being higher than the other and it was just terrible. We called them and they said the maids had done it and that it was not acceptable and they were very sorry. We just ended sleeping on the soft mattress for the rest of the trip. The Italian restaurant in the hotel is excellent, amazing food and service. You have to dine there.

I have to say I wont come back to this hotel, I would prefer to go to a lore boutique hotel, such as the Story hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
    Andreas C, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Zyna21,
    Many thanks for your review! We have a few steps at the entrance of the hotel that we, considering the building is from the late 19-century, cannot change however we always have a porter at stand-by to assist with luggage. It seems we failed to help you with your bags which is very unfortunate, my sincere apologies! The personalized service is otherwise something we receive a lot of positive feedback from so I'm sad to read your experience was not up to standard.

Happy you enjoyed Caina Restaurant! Hopefully you are back shortly and can also try out the food at our terrace that opens up once summer is here. Hoping to have you back next time allowing us to really look after you!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Loved the location, the staff were sensational, hotel wonderful.
    This is the best hotel on all fronts we stayed at in a month away. Perhaps not the most luxurious but the staff made it the best they were just fantastic.
    I am in the travel industry and have the opportunity to travel and stay in some wonderful hotels, this rates extremely highly for me. It ticked all the boxes.
    The rooms are simply and very adequate, modern with all you would need. The public rooms are just lovely.
    If anyone had a complaint about this hotel I would be very surprised.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank 511sallie

Dear 511sallie,
    Lovely to read your review! The location of our hotel and the interior and exterior beauty of our property is something we are very proud of however we put a lot of focus on personalized service so I am happy you found it satisfactory. Looking forward welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Simply great hotel. Very helpful staff. Probably the best location in Stockholm. Nice breakfast.
    I can recomend this warmly to anyone going to stockholm. Stockholm is my hometown, but i am now Livingroom in Asia for à couple of years. This hotel can measure itself with some of the best hotels in entré Southside East Asia. Even Wien it comes to service lever, which is rare to experience in northern europé.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Per L,
    Thank you! Considering your knowledge of the amazing hotels that exist in Asia, it's fantastic to hear how you enjoyed your stay at Nobis Hotel! Hope to see you back next time!