“So much better than the last time!”
Review of Nobis Hotel

Nobis Hotel
Ranked #17 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at Nobis the last time about three years ago and gave it three points. This time it was almost a home run! We stayed in a Standard King room (great bed and pillows!), which was smallish but on the other hand perfectly good size for our needs. I love the cool design of the room and bathroom. The lounge bar is amazingly beautiful and the drinks also (but expensive...) with super friendly staff. The breakfast is wonderful (local produce, organic). Check-in and check-out was quick and friendly. The location is unbeatable - all your best shopping just steps away!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Andreas C, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read your positive comments! With the water around the corner, Old Town (Gamla Stan) minutes away and shopping & dining just outside the front door, location is a big advantage for us. However, I am always very pleased to read you enjoyed our service and local produce. Hope to see you back soon!

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed at Nobis for a long weekend, two adults and two teens. The hotel is located very centrally in Östermalm in the midst of lots of shops, cafées, resraurants, parks and sightseeing ferries/boats. Designer stores on Birger Jarlsgatan are around the corner and most of the great museums and other tourist attractions are a nice walking distance away; Junibacken and Abba the Museum and all the other places on Djurgården but also Moderna Museet etc to the other direction on Blasieholmen. Famous NK department stores is a two minute walk.
Nobis modern and somewhat trendy, rooms are small but big enough if you don't plan to spend a lot of time in them. The breakfast is very good. Staff was friendly and helpful too.

Room Tip: A friend, who stayed here, told me that it can be a bit noisy during weekends if you have a window t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear RollingTrolley,

If shopping, dining and attractions are the main target for the weekend, our location is very suitable! The ABBA museum is getting a lot of positive feedback and with walking distance from Nobis Hotel, it's perfect to combine with a visit at Skansen, Gröna Lund or just a walk through the beautiful park of Royal Djurgården.

Happy you enjoyed our service and looking forward having you back soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Wow! This was such an enjoyable experience at this hotel. Yes, the rooms were small (we had a standard double) but the attention to detail was second to none. High quality Egyptian cotton bedding, great breakfasts (to quote my boyfriend, "this May be the best hotel breakfast we've had") & a lovely atrium in the middle of the hotel where we enjoyed a few drinks. The interior decor was very cool.

For our first visit to Stockholm, we found the hotel very centrally located & easy to access from airport. The facilities at the hotel e.g. Gym & sauna were also great; clean and easy to use.

Such a lovely stay, we found it hard to leave!!

Room Tip: Nobis Hotel is part of the 'Design Hotel' group, so we went through the Design Hotel website...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

When a guest finds it hard to leave, I take it as a very good sign! Thank you for staying with us and looking forward welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I adore this hotel on many levels. The attention to details in their design aesthetic is wonderful and I appreciate the cupboards in the bedroom are hand carved. Love the lighting in the lobby and the lounge area is spectacular.
We enjoyed the Italian cafe at the front several times for people watching as well as the food. Couldn't be happier with the position...right next to one of my favourite design stores Acne and super close the NK which is a brilliant design store.
Staff were lovely.
Bed and pillows very comfortable.
My issue and I'm guessing the design of the cupboards and bathroom were done by a man.... where do all my cosmetics, face creams, washes, brushes etc go? And why are there so few hangars in the cupboard and only 1 and half draws for clothes. I felt i really couldn't unpack properly and I literally was living out of my suitcase which I hate. I like to get everything out, have it at easy reach and settle in. Not be rummaging around for things. It was quite frustrating.
I admire the clean lines of the bathroom but please find some way of putting up some shelving and glasses for women's ( or guy's stuff ) and maybe make one bedside table something with draws and get more hangers in the cupboard!!

Breakfasts are delicious.
Our room overlooked the square and some might find it noisy but earplugs work fine.
I love this place but it just needs to make itself a tad more practical.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freofan

Dear Freofan,

Many thanks for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed the interior details! Hope you had a chance to look through the book telling about all the various design backgrounds and stories. Most of the bathrooms, especially the ones with a bathtub, are fairly spacious but I can understand your wish for more storage space. Thank you for the comments and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Loved the interior of this wonderful Hotel. Especially the lamps in the lobby. I was for business at Nobis Hotel and enjoyed very much working at the Lounge. I had a room facing the streets where i could see the see, Beds and linen were incredible, i slept very good.

But not the interior of the Hotel is great, also the staff are very friendly and service minded, you dont find that a lot in Stockhom i feel. I was escorted to my room, my luggage where immediately taken care of and the check out was smooth.

I stayed for two night and also ate at Caina, a restaurant based in the basement of the Hotel, it was really authentic italian food and everybody where very knowledgeable about their food and wine. Caina is closed for lunch but then you can to the Bistro and enjoy sallads and sandwhiches.

Location is also a big plus, it is very close to restaurants, shopping areas and Tourist sightseeings.
I would definitly come back to Nobis for business or lesiure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Andreas C, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear guest,

Highly appreciate your detailed review! Happy you had the chance to try out our restaurant aswell. Spring is coming closer and in only a few weeks you can also enjoy your lunch, dinner of evening drinks at our terrace facing Norrmalmstorg Square!

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Trendy feel - like a W - rooms are small but decent size. Lobby bar has some nightlife. Staff is insanely helpful and service oriented. But the best thing about this hotel was definitely the location. Prime location and extremely safe for a do travel. Good value for the price. I would return.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Jennifer D
Andreas C, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Jennifer D,
Thank you for your kind review! Happy you found our location on Norrmalmstorg to be convenient but even more pleased with your feedback in regards to our service. Looking forward having you back!

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located, nice design of the main halls, good stuff, good bar, good breakfast... But the rooms are sooo small!! I had dbl with Quinn size bed, it was about 11 sq. m not more and I always rub the TV that was so close to bed... 30 cm not more)) I think I will stay again but I will be more careful with room choosing... Not standard dbl!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kat k

Dear Kat K,
Many thanks for your feedback! Pleased to see you enjoyed our public areas, breakfast and service! Our Standard Queen rooms are between 17-22 sqm with a 160cm bed so please do try out one of our bigger rooms at your next visit. We have beautiful Superior or Deluxe with a view towards either Norrmalmstorg Square or Berzelii Park.