“Fresh Innovative Sandwiches and Artistic Pastries!”
Review of Vete-Katten

Vete-Katten
Ranked #1 of 47 Dessert in Stockholm
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Norrmalm
San Diego, California
“Fresh Innovative Sandwiches and Artistic Pastries!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My cousin Birgitta and I celebrated our 60th Birthdays at this eclectic and wonderful cafe. I have never visited a place quite like this. It was comforting, cozy...and even the coffee cups were arranged artistically. We had sandwiches for lunch, which were innovative and overflowing with healthful ingredients. The pastries we enjoyed for dessert -- a strawberry tart and an almond-flavored mazarine cake were small delicious works of culinary art. It was a wonderful birthday lunch; and one that I will long remember.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
“Wheat-free cakes, very busy”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Nice wheat-free options, central location.

Downside, very busy and queues were long on a Saturday.

Friendly staff who were helpful despite our lack of Swedish!

Clientele were mainly families with small children. Sadly some rather rude older ladies who queue-jumped and were aggressive dampened the experience somewhat.

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Great semla”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I read about this place in a Stockholm guide so when I realised it was only a few metres from the hotel I was staying in, I thought I would pay a visit. It was a Sunday afternoon so was busy, so I had to wander round to find a seat. It was good to see some of the small rooms in the old part of the cafe as well as the larger more modern front area. I didn't realise at first that you have to queue at the counter to get served, so sat waiting for a waitress, but soon realised they are just there to clear the tables. The coffee was very good, and the semla was the best I have had, having tried a few in Stockholm. I went back the next day, and it was nice to see the freshly baked pastries coming out of the kitchen, that's probably why they tasted so good, compared to other cafes that bring them in every morning.

• Visited February 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
“if you have a sweet tooth”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

delicious sweets, dessert and the best semla in the town. the place has a cosy atmosphere of grandmother living room.

• Visited January 2014
Helsinki, Finland
“Good old Cafe Vete Katten”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I worked behind the corner at Gamla Brogatan 1978. This Cafe Vete Katten was my "second home". I went there every day.
They had that time only the old part of the cafe with old style furniture. I really have so good memories and I can even remember the smell at the door step when I now go in to this beautiful cafe every time I am visiting in Stockholm. Normally there are always a lot of the other people so take your time. They sell very tasty pastries, sandwiches tea and coffee. There you could find a part of the original old style Stockholm. I warmly recommend this cafe. The old entrance is in Klara Norra Kyrkogatan.

• Visited September 2013