“Semla”

Ranked #1 of 52 Dessert in Stockholm
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Norrmalm
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Semla and lots of other goodies in a unique location, always busy, many locals, nice and patient staff, quite cheap for Stockholm

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

A really stylish retro place!! Giod snacks and pastries with a lot if style as everything in the place! Reay spacious and in good location!! I love it!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My cousin Birgitta and I celebrated our 60th Birthdays at this eclectic and wonderful cafe. I have never visited a place quite like this. It was comforting, cozy...and even the coffee cups were arranged artistically. We had sandwiches for lunch, which were innovative and overflowing with healthful ingredients. The pastries we enjoyed for dessert -- a strawberry tart and an almond-flavored mazarine cake were small delicious works of culinary art. It was a wonderful birthday lunch; and one that I will long remember.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Nice wheat-free options, central location.

Downside, very busy and queues were long on a Saturday.

Friendly staff who were helpful despite our lack of Swedish!

Clientele were mainly families with small children. Sadly some rather rude older ladies who queue-jumped and were aggressive dampened the experience somewhat.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I read about this place in a Stockholm guide so when I realised it was only a few metres from the hotel I was staying in, I thought I would pay a visit. It was a Sunday afternoon so was busy, so I had to wander round to find a seat. It was good to see some of the small rooms in the old part of the cafe as well as the larger more modern front area. I didn't realise at first that you have to queue at the counter to get served, so sat waiting for a waitress, but soon realised they are just there to clear the tables. The coffee was very good, and the semla was the best I have had, having tried a few in Stockholm. I went back the next day, and it was nice to see the freshly baked pastries coming out of the kitchen, that's probably why they tasted so good, compared to other cafes that bring them in every morning.