“Italiensk restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mariatorget
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I read about Nostrano on Tripadvisor. It was supposed to have good everyday Italian food. The atmosphere was nice and the wine was good but the food was mediocre. We had fried Pecorino and vitello tonnato to start with and then pasta with Gorgonzola, veal and morel and pasta with salsicca, radicchio and artichoke and for dessert a lemon pie. All of the five courses were just above what you get in a school canteen. Terrible and we strongly advice you to choose another restaurant when in Stockholm.

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Very friendly all italian staff. The restaurant is pretty small but nicely decorated.
The fillet beef with duck liver ravioli is just excellent! Dessert was ok too.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We recently celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary evening here and we couldn't have made a better choice. We were staying at an hotel nearby (The Rival), so it was just a hop, skip and a jump away. We had booked Nostrano in advance and noticed, as the room wasn't very big, that people were being turned away who hadn't booked. We had three courses each, with a bottle of wine and every mouthful was delicious. The waiter wished us "Happy Anniversary" as we were LEAVING - my only complaint!

1  Thank mrsfuss
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Nostrano is a top noch, a little piece of Italy in Södermalm. We just spend two weeks in Italy so I believe we have good references - and yet again, I could use all the superlatives to describe the restaurant and especially the food served.

Our group of four had a fantastic dinner at Nostrano's. We tried some startes but if I had to choose to tout the starters or the mains, I would definitely choose the mains! And do not interpret this wrong, the starters were tasty too.

For the mains, the swordfish was praised by the other group and myself, I requested a tuned portion of beef tenderloin. The beef was the best I have ever had - it was simple served with good salt and pepper, side sallad and potatoes. In its simplicity it was absolutely amazing, the meat just melted in the mouth. Wines were up-to-standard of the restaurant, but again, the food is good enough reason to choose Nostrano for a dinner place!

It seems like a place to which you have better to reserve a table in beforehand. The interior of restaurant is very intimate - some could even describe it being small - and the tables became full untill the last seat on Thursday night. Because of limited space and being crowded, the restaurant is rather noisy - being an Italian restaurant, it is part of charm for me!

I would want to think that I am some kind of food-enthusiast and I was impressed by Nostrano - again, this is a restaurant I would highly recommend to seek for!

1  Thank _ET_969
Reviewed 9 August 2013

A warm and comfortable little restaurant easily reached by the metro. There is room for 30 or so diners inside and 8-10 outside. It is small, but a little bit noisy. One of those places where the guests are mostly local, greeting the staff with hearty handshakes and hugs. A most interesting menu and wine list. The food is excellent - varied, well-prepared and so tasty. We started with carpaccio classico and carpaccio di polpo, both of which were excellent choices. Our son started with a generous plate of parmigiano. Main courses included linguine alla tinetto, tortelloni nostrano, and the most tender, perfectly cooked lamb chops. No room left for dessert, just espresso. All in all a most satisfying dinner. Good value for this very expensive city. This is a place not to be missed.

3  Thank rdst