“Elite quality on an Elite hotel”

Elite Eden Park Hotel
Ranked #13 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Our room was a bit small but very stylish. Close to everything and had a nightclub and a pub in connection to the hotel if one needs a night :-)
Large breakfast buffet with lots of goodies.
Booked through an hotel booking site one week prior the visit and had an increadibly good price !! If possible, park the car at the street as the garages are expensive !!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Centrally located hotel with no special characteristics. Rooms are fine, although still quite ordinary. As said in the other reviews, the hotel is relatively new and so all facilities were working fine for me. Quite expensive.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Flemming_Meineche
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We enjoyed staying at Elite Eden Park. The hotel is brand new, which was great - everything felt clean, updated and sparkling. The breakfast is fantastic, and served in the Asian restaurant on the premises. Rooms were on the small side, but not ridiculous, by any stretch, particularly for Stockholm. The bathroom was amble, with a lovely tub/sink, and great plush towels (bathrobe and slippers were a nice touch). The bed was super comfortable, and we liked the Scandinavia bedding. The multi-gadget charger was a great touch. Large TV was appreciated as well. Staff was always warmly responsive, both by email before our visit, and for any questions/needs we had during our stay. The lobby is very small, so no common area to relax in. The adjacent pub had just okay food - we wouldn't recommend it, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Thought the location was great - we walked to everything easily. Overall, a great stay. Would highly recommend the Elite Eden Park for a business or personal stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, for a peek at the city (if your in a regular room).
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My company booked me into this hotel whilst on business in Stockholm, it was the first time i had stayed here and i have to say i was blown away by how nice it is. First impressions were very good with the whole reception area looking very clean and modern and the staff incredibly friendly. The room i had was perfect, decor was excellent, beds very comfortable i couldnt find a single fault with it. Bathroom suite was lovely with a very large shower. Loved the multiple charging unit by your bedside to keep all your phone battery topped up ! Not sure about the bar/resteraunt etc as we went out for food and when we returned in the early hours both bars had shut, they looked good from the outside though. I wouldnt hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dsd2010
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Have stayed at Elite Eden Park on two occasions when in Stockholm on business. My first stay was within the first week of opening and on that occasion things was a bit shaky. A few months later, things have greatly improved and I have little to complain about. Staff is very welcoming (impressive for being a Swedish hotel). Rooms are spacious with lovely furnishings - the TV-set is particularly impressive. Breakfast is now served in the adjacent restaurant which is a very nice place to sit in during the morning hours with dimmed lights and a quiet and cosy atmosphere. For someone like me that place allows one to wake up in my own pace rather than being subjected to bright lights and a noisy room (which often is the case with breakfast rooms).
Now the downsides, well I can only think of one really and that is the current lack of room service. Unfortunately the rooms does neither have a tea/coffee tray which limits your options when it comes to refreshments in your own room. I look forward to seeing things improve even further at Eden Park over the coming months - the sky is the limit!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mr_Starbuck
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Elite Eden in Stockholm for a few days this summer. Location is good -- reasonable distance from the grotty train-station area, but still in central Ostermalm, clean upscale neighborhood (for hipness you'll have to go to Sodermalm). Hotel is design-challenged but clean and new -- still under construction. Rooms were clean and in ok condition so far, but miniscule with tacky decor. Beds were comfortable, bedding was fair quality except for the pillows which smelled nasty and gamey (cheapo duck feather instead of goose?). Bathrooms were small but functional, though ours had a water leak. Breakfast was the typical Scandinavian buffet. Wireless was free, but a hassle, required signing up for a service. Atmosphere is seriously lacking, and decor is tacky suburban 1980s lacquer -- doesn't look like it will hold up for long. Also don't believe the online description of amenities -- there were no public spaces, no restaurant, gym, sauna, etc -- when we arrived and asked, we were told those will be built in the future -- this hotel is really just a clean place to crash at night. Rooms were expensive even by Stockholm standards, we paid over $300 per night for a very basic closet-size room.

My major disappointment with this hotel is a customer service and honesty issue. When we booked, we weren't told that the hotel was undergoing construction. Our room was next to a construction zone where noisy heavy equipment and truck deliveries started before dawn, making sleep impossible. We asked to be moved to another room outside the construction zone, but the new room was ridiculously small -- see photo -- watch out because the hotel's online photos don't show these rooms! My husband asked the reception staff for a normal sized room like the one we'd been in, but a manager lady emerged from a back room, and tried to flimflam us into paying a surcharge for a normal sized room. When my husband protested, the manager started to nickel-and-dime him with a sort of dutch-auction, saying "Well how much would you be willing to pay? How about $x krona more? No? What about $y?" An embarrassing and unprofessional display -- we've never experienced anything like this in Scandinavia. My husband was mortified and just walked away.

I can't recommend the Elite Eden at the price we paid, because of the extreme "cheapiness": tiny rooms, cheap quality, lack of amenities, ongoing construction and honesty issues. If you can get it for $200 or less, it might be an ok option, at least for the near future. My prediction is, this hotel won't age well, so be careful to pay attention to recent reviews before booking.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A B
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Elite Eden Park for three nights in late August on a two week vacation through Sweden and Norway. The location of the hotel is ideal and we loved how easy it was to walk and bike everywhere. It's a very trendy, hip neighborhood and the people watching is fantastic. The breakfast was excellent and our room was extremely comfortable and cool. Downsides: the housekeeping wasn't as military style as you'd expect to find at a hotel of this caliber (beds looked like they were made by a teenager and my pajamas bottoms were rolled into a ball, inside out, and placed at the foot of my pillow - funnier more anything). Also, when asking front staff for help on some basic tourist things - like renting the public bikes at stands throughout the city - they were a little lost and had no idea at first. To give them credit though, they did look into it and came through with all the information we needed a little while later. I think they're still getting their footing but could use a little more training on tourist basics. Overall, a lot of positives and I would definitely stay their again.

• Stayed: August 2011